• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
That last 45 minutes of the Sony conference was incredibly boring.
Wait really? Aside from the 20 minutes of talk about launching Vita TV, PS Now & TV shit they had; Insomniac rebooting Ratchet & Clank series on PS4, TLoU HD dated for next month, GTA5 coming to current gen this year and you can transfer 360 or PS3 saves onto PS4, and then ending on Uncharted 4: A Thief's End teaser for next year. The first hour was front loaded with a shit ton of stuff.

I'm annoyed that pretty much everything is October or 2015.
Yeah this. Really odd.

Well I just disagree with most of this. I don't see why Sony will suddenly have the upper hand if you don't count the HD remasters. I never counted them as new content anyways, I was mainly looking at Microsoft announcing a new Phantom Dust, a new Crackdown and exclusive Scalebound.

That tells me Microsoft is now willing to go after much more risky and niche properties, opening up their wallets to do so, which I appreciate.
Seems odd to take that approach after watching the Sony conference which had them going after an ex-student project focused on a fish and bird in love, a remake of a decade old adventure game stuck in Disney's vault and a second exclusive weird Japanese title from Grasshopper.

Not to mention co-developing something as weird as Bloodborne.

Also the big title for Microsoft this year is a HD remaster in Halo 2. That's got a huge buzz at the moment, and rightly so (even getting them back on top of the Amazon charts!).

Cheer up a bit dude! It's not all bad for 2014!

Also no mention of PS Now for anywhere except for NA and Canada.
They have continually said US first, Canada second, UK/EU after that. They want to get this shit working first, especially with all the contracts and negotiations required to get it in place world wide.

Amazon going to make huge bank out of PS Now I bet running servers.

Darren870

Did Nintendo do a conference? Or are they not doing one again?

Was wondering what the Wii U plans are going to be saying sales seem to be low.

Shaneus

Oh also Shaneus, Sumo are making Little Big Planet 3 for PS4!
Whaaaaat? Isn't Media Molecule doing it? Or are you talking about LBP3 for PS3?

Damn, Sumo lighting it up over the next year or two. MS should get them to do a PGR title.

Edit: Holy shit, I thought that must've been a typo on your part. That's a MASSIVE coup for them to land such a license. Awesome news for Gareth etc. And very weird for one studio to be working on two console-exclusive titles for two competing platforms. Very bizarre.

Pre-order TLoU HD for $60 at Dick Smith

Speaking of Entwined, it's now up on SEN for PS4.
$12. Expected a bigger AU tax so that's nice for once. Looks like your kind of game Shaneus/Gaz!

Whaaaaat? Isn't Media Molecule doing it? Or are you talking about LBP3 for PS3?

Damn, Sumo lighting it up over the next year or two. MS should get them to do a PGR title.

Edit: Holy shit, I thought that must've been a typo on your part. That's a MASSIVE coup for them to land such a license. Awesome news for Gareth etc. And very weird for one studio to be working on two console-exclusive titles for two competing platforms. Very bizarre.

Sumo have been a big player for a few years now! They did the Little Big Planet 2 cross-controller pack!

Another studio doing titles for both big platform holders is Insomniac with the Ratchet & Clank reboot & Sunset Overdrive!

vanty

Will the Nintendo thing likely be up on their YouTube page soon after it airs? I'd rather watch it in HD comfortably when I wake up rather than get up after a couple hours sleep to watch some janky SD stream and then struggle to sleep again. And considering NeoGAF will probably be timing out during the stream that doesn't really add to the occasion of watching live.

Nintendo just having North American information (an email said to check the Australian/Kiwi website for local information) is a let down. Pre-recording it makes having regional versions, like the usual JP/NA/EU Nintendo Directs.

Shaneus

Speaking of Entwined, it's now up on SEN for PS4.

$12. Expected a bigger AU tax so that's nice for once. Looks like your kind of game Shaneus/Gaz!

Sumo have been a big player for a few years now! They did the Little Big Planet 2 cross-controller pack!

Another studio doing titles for both big platform holders is Insomniac with the Ratchet & Clank reboot & Sunset Overdrive!
Huh, there you go! Had no idea of that cross-controller thingy. And yeah, I saw Entwined, always like it when there's announcements for games that are available meow at E3. No PS+ discount which is weird, but still... used the $10 from the Paypal promo to buy it. Now I have a little under $50 left on my account.

Rizzi

I've spent the past week feeling pretty shitty because I couldn't settle on a primary text for my essay, and now that I have, I realise that I could talk about any number of things related to what I decided upon.
So.. Go me I guess.

+ several hours of tree house demos!!

Also. I'm crashing :( 2.5 hours sleep was not wise.
You can come over and I'll make sure you stay awake for Nintendo event Holy!~

We can have a slumber party with Korean noodles and Pizza Shapes and talk about princesses we like (Princess Shokora~ <3)!

Pizza Shapes are the superior Shapes. I like you Yoshi.
If we elope, I bags being the dude~!

Pizza > BBQ > Cheddar > Cheese and Bacon >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chicken Crimpy

I watched the Nintendo E3 2004 conference. It's so incredibly poignant how much the times have changed! Especially Kodak being relevant enough to have a press theatre. And Nintendo acting cocky in its market position is all sorts of adorable. All in all, absolutely phenomenal press conference -- people remember Reggie, TP and the DS reveal for good reason but the conference also gave us Resident Evil 4, Tales of Symphonia, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Viewtiful Joe 2, Four Swords Adventures, Metroid Prime 2, Geist, Batallion Wars, Minish Cap, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Star Fox Assault, Pikmin 2, Killer7, Mario Golf Advance Tour, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Mario vs Donkey Kong, Baten Kaitos and my magnum opus -- Paper Mario 2.

"He with the best games wins" should be the video game industry motto because we forget it all too often!

Also, I have my shin ramyun ready to gooooooooooooooo

Jintor

that was probably the most impressive nintendo showing since that one where they were like NEW GOLDENEYE NEW ZELDA NEW EVERYTHING 3DS IS COOL LOOK AT THIS HYPE SHIT

I watched just the trailers on Giant Bomb when I woke up. I think they won E3. Making me intrigued by a team deathmatch, Yoshi's Wooly World looks great, Zelda seems like what I've wanted, Kirby's interesting, other stuff.

But amiibo (NFC figurines) just sound like micro-transactions that double as clutter. 3DS owners without a Wii U would be unhappy too but this Wii U focus needed to happen.

EDIT: The actual video wasn't as good as the trailers I saw. Showing developers talking about games a lot is fine but not as good as just trailers I saw beforehand.

Ok, well having 2 weekdays as my weekend has ended up just being consumed by E3 this week :D

I watched Sony's conference live and most of Ubisoft's. And then this morning I watched Nintendo's, which was excellent, very very well presented and funny as.

Watching the Treehouse Live thing now, lots of quality, fun games coming from Nintendo over the next 6-12 months :)

Xbox One wireless controller for $59 @dick smith for the rest of this hr. Ps3 contrl for 63. The xbone cont has PC drivers, connects using standard microusb cable and feels awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom