• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritz

Banned
wHaliRH.jpg
heman.jpg

must resist novelty internet joke tshirts

muuust resiiiist

Anyone have any noise cancelling head phone suggestions? Have some long flights coming up so figured a pair would make them slightly more bearable. Bose seem to be well liked, but they aren't exactly cheap.

Abel Planet ones are okay for around $100.

But the Bose ones do the job spectacularly well. And if you live near someone who thinks their home is a nightclub, the bose will give you a lot more peace than the Abel Planets. They're easily worth the $300 or so.

Abel Planet ones are okay for around $100.

But the Bose ones do the job spectacularly well. And if you live near someone who thinks their home is a nightclub, the bose will give you a lot more peace than the Abel Planets. They're easily worth the $300 or so.

Dammit. They are closer to $400 though. Just had a quick google and they were cheap last month, FFS.

Shaneus

Apparently they dropped a 3rd party exclusive off the conf to save for TGS (it's related to Japan) so they ended up giving more time to the TV/PSN stuff. Would have been a 2015 PS4 exclusive.

Driveclub is getting a marketing push in Sept/Oct. No need to waste time on it now. People already know it's coming out in 3 months, that's an awkward time since it's been pimped for like 18 months now.
Hm. Makes sense. With the release date a week after Horizon 2, is there any speculation they might bring the date forward? Would make sense.

Kritz

Banned
Got an exam today for a class that has only graded one of the four assessments items we did throughout the semester. Nobody knows if we've passed or failed the internals because 30% of our grades are unknown.

So I guess that makes me feel less bad about only doing three hours of study for the exam.

lol Sony doubling down on the R rated Playroom stuff

Decent sale on Vita games atm

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for $13.45
Sound Shapes (Crossbuy with PS4/PS3/Vita) for $8.06
Super Stardust Delta GOTY edition for $8.06
Tearaway for $20.66
Ethan: Meteor Hunter for $7.55
Hotline Miami (Crossbuy with PS3/Vita) for $5.95
OlliOlli (I think this is Crossbuy with PS4 soon?) for $7.55
TxK (I think Ox said this will be Crossbuy with PS4 too but can't find the link) for $5.95
Thomas Was Alone (Crossbuy PS3/Vita) for $5.95

Hm. Makes sense. With the release date a week after Horizon 2, is there any speculation they might bring the date forward? Would make sense.

Nope. I highly doubt it. Sony don't seem to worried about the sales of Driveclub, they have a history of sending projects out to die at bad times in retail any way!

Got an exam today for a class that has only graded one of the four assessments items we did throughout the semester. Nobody knows if we've passed or failed the internals because 30% of our grades are unknown.

So I guess that makes me feel less bad about only doing three hours of study for the exam.

This shit should be outlawed.

Dryk

Wait, a new advance wars?
Intelligent Systems are making a third-person turn-based strategy (like Valkyria Chronicles) game for the 3DS. You're a special forces team formed by Lincoln to fight Lovecraftian aliens in steampunk Victorian London. Apparently one of the playable characters is so American they can throw robot eagles and one of them is just a straight up lion. They're also quoting silver-age legends like Jack Kirby as the inspiration for the art-style but there's no footage yet.

Damn, nice pickup Richard! Super jelly.

I'm lazy Shaneus so I won't change it lol

ALSO

This is super tempting if I could afford it. 4GB 770 for $345 posted

Intelligent Systems are making a third-person turn-based strategy (like Valkyria Chronicles) game for the 3DS. You're a special forces team formed by Lincoln to fight Lovecraftian aliens in steampunk Victorian London. Apparently one of the playable characters is so American they can throw robot eagles and one of them is just a straight up lion. They're also quoting silver-age legends like Jack Kirby as the inspiration for the art-style but there's no footage yet.

It's basically Freedom Force but for 3DS lol

Love me some IS :)

Dryk

I'm reserving judgement on the art-style until I see it in motion, but everything they've shown gameplay wise sounded good.

yeah looks kinda meh

why can't they just make another advance wars
Someone asked them what they're doing with it. Their answer was basically that they're always thinking about Advance Wars. I guess that implies that their approach is to just think of ideas and once they have enough make a new game.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hey holy/anyone in the know
How much eshop credit do you get with a wii u premium?
Don't know if you get any for the wii u itself.

But if you got mario kart you'll get $7 for the free eshop game.

Basically it's $7 eshop credit for every $65 spent on the eshop.

Battlefield Hardline beta - basically it's a mod for BF4 made into a new game. Using same UI and same assets of bf4, and there's no visual upgrade either.

Waiting for Destiny Alpha code now. There's still a few hours to apply for it if you haven't already.

Yeah after seeing the Giant Bomb video of Destiny I went from *fuck that garbage, Halo Borderlands? How much of an idiot do I look like* to *i should buy a destiny*.

Looks like an amazing game. I actually really want to dig into the PVP which is shocking for me!

Rizzi

Battlefield Hardline beta - basically it's a mod for BF4 made into a new game. Using same UI and same assets of bf4, and there's no visual upgrade either.

Waiting for Destiny Alpha code now. There's still a few hours to apply for it if you haven't already.

I got a code for the PS4 beta. It feels weird.

Rizzi

Oh, AU. EB sent me an email yesterday telling me to click a button to express interest in the beta. I got another one today with the code.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
You know what's great about where I work, They are upgrading their internal systems next month.

Now, We are a mac business, Everyone uses macs. The current internal system we use runs on mac, The new system is pronto.

Pronto doesn't run natively on macs. So we need to use a remote desktop connection into the server to access pronto.

Shoot me.

Quasar

Well after E3 I oddly am thinking if I can find another WiiU fire sale I might actually buy one. Not in a rush, but an open worldy Zelda might be interesting as do a few other things.

How big is the PAL tax on the eShop? and are all games on the eShop?

Jintor

And have they solved the 'games locked to hardware not accounts' thing?

i don't have a clue. My NNID is now linked to my 3ds and my WiiU but I have no real idea about whether simply like PSN I can just redownload to anything I want.

stupid nintendo infrastructure

hidys

i don't have a clue. My NNID is now linked to my 3ds and my WiiU but I have no real idea about whether simply like PSN I can just redownload to anything I want.

stupid nintendo infrastructure

There is no excuse for Nintendo not operating like every other digital service on the planet. I actually kind of want a Wii U but shit like this just rubs me the wrong way.

I will be working on Horizon with a dash of PyPI on the side (if it means anything to you, I'm the guy who created it and continues to run it, with help these days, and we're writing a new replacement for it).

Way over my head, feel free to break it down into laymans terms for me. Did you create horizon or pypi?

There is no excuse for Nintendo not operating like every other digital service on the planet. I actually kind of want a Wii U but shit like this just rubs me the wrong way.

It's why I refuse to spend any meaningful amount of money on the eshop. Haven't spent a cent mind you.

Busy day of buying and DLing stuff.

Ground Zeroes $19 for PS+ on PS4. Bought
Ocarina of Time 3DS for $28 on US e-shop. bought. (there are some cheaper games during E3)
Same with Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies (not on sale but cheap enough)
Hardline Beta and Destiny Alpha.
I also downloaded Puppeteer on PS3 for shits and giggles.

I finished Wolfenstein the other night. That was pretty good, but by the end I'd had enough and set it to the easiest setting just to be done with it.

oh and Cosmos is fucking beautiful on Bluray. Just FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom