• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
So zelda U is windwaker without water. Ok.

I think I'm over e3, might just be getting to old to care these days.
Looked like Skyrim + Wind Waker + BLOOOOOOOMMMMMM.

So damn bright! Looks great though. Hope it makes up for the underwhelming Skyward Sword (for me).

Xenoblade 2 having a DOWNGRADATON is a bit of a shock too, didn't expect that. Hope the same doesn't happen to the new Zelda.

Xbox One wireless controller for $59 @dick smith for the rest of this hr. Ps3 contrl for 63. The xbone cont has PC drivers, connects using standard microusb cable and feels awesome.

Damn you Mutes, I was busy at work! With the $5 code it would have been $58 for another DS4 >_<

Xbox One wireless controller for $59 @dick smith for the rest of this hr. Ps3 contrl for 63. The xbone cont has PC drivers, connects using standard microusb cable and feels awesome.

Bit the bullet and got one. My bank account doesn't thank you, but I am sure my PC gaming habits will :D

$5 code it would have been $58 for another DS4 >_<

Damn, literally just clicked confirm order.

Look Nintendo, I give ZERO FUCKS about the hundreds of side scrolling platformers you are dolling out, that Star Fox prototype better turn into a real fucking game you pricks.

Also yum yum Zelda. I will devour you and Xenoblade 2. Everything else is worthless to me.

Now since you are redoing every fucking IP you currently own for games on WiiU/3DS can you PLEASE do a racing game in the vein of F-Zero? PLEASE?

I think the offers are active until the stock runs out. Double check, they might still be there.

It was out of stock when I posted, I'll try again now!

EDIT: It's still out of stock Mutes. I hate you so much.

I used to think the DS4 triggers were fairly good, but the XBO triggers are heaven and picking up my DS4 feels like a step back. The only complaint I have is that the bumpers could use a tweak to make them a bit easier to use if you're not "using them properly" (they're designed to be used with your hands in a certain position and if you press them like you might an L1 / R1 it sometimes fails or at least feels a little awkward).

Even so I'm not going back to 360 pad. D-Pad is improved, triggers godly, sticks feel nicer.

That IGN article is super light on details, they don't even have a source >_<

I used to think the DS4 triggers were fairly good, but the XBO triggers are heaven and picking up my DS4 feels like a step back. The only complaint I have is that the bumpers could use a tweak to make them a bit easier to use if you're not "using them properly" (they're designed to be used with your hands in a certain position and if you press them like you might an L1 / R1 it sometimes fails or at least feels a little awkward).

Even so I'm not going back to 360 pad. D-Pad is improved, triggers godly, sticks feel nicer.

Yeah d-pad is way better, I don't like the triggers and prefer the 360 sticks tbh. The X1 triggers feel really odd to me for some reason.

E3 is ehhhh. I'm glad I haven't played a bunch of the games that are being re-released. GTAV, Last of Us and Grim Fandango are all fresh to me.

r1chard

E3 is ehhhh. I'm glad I haven't played a bunch of the games that are being re-released. GTAV, Last of Us and Grim Fandango are all fresh to me.
I'm in exactly the same position, funnily enough. I do have Last Of Us in the post to me though, so now I have to decide whether to play it or not...

Yay! You get back that money I told you to waste on Plex now!

I'm in exactly the same position, funnily enough. I do have Last Of Us in the post to me though, so now I have to decide whether to play it or not...

Wait for HD if you have a PS4. PS3 version is great but the increased asset resolution would be mindblowing.

The plex WP app is actually terrible too. Like it doesn't start playback on vidfeos until 10s into the file, and if you try to "resume playback" mid-way through it simply stalls entirely. If you skip ahead on video files same thing happens.

Ugh

The plex WP app is actually terrible too. Like it doesn't start playback on vidfeos until 10s into the file, and if you try to "resume playback" mid-way through it simply stalls entirely. If you skip ahead on video files same thing happens.

Ugh

Shouldn't you be used to broken apps on WP by now?

The iOS app is pretty good, not rock solid but close enough.

Shaneus

Rep: Biggest fuck up of E3 so far was Sony's descent into non-gaming with the PSN guy and the Powers guy. Without that, their preso would've been god-tier.

Still baffled as to why they didn't show any of the new DC stuff, though.

Gazunta

Press folk on AusGAF who want an early heads up on something, shout out

I fully acknowledge talking about a game that isn't at E3 this week is insane

Dryk

I had my bi-monthly PC incident last night. Morrowind couldn't find a bunch of assets and crashed, then Steam crashed. Turns out my gaming hard-drive disappered. BIOS could see it because it kept trying to run disc-checks but I had to disconnect and reconnect it before it would actually complete.

I have no idea what caused the problem and no idea what fixed the problem. But it's all part of the unique experience of owning a gaming PC and I kind of find it fun.

Rep: Biggest fuck up of E3 so far was Sony's descent into non-gaming with the PSN guy and the Powers guy. Without that, their preso would've been god-tier.

Still baffled as to why they didn't show any of the new DC stuff, though.
Apparently they dropped a 3rd party exclusive off the conf to save for TGS (it's related to Japan) so they ended up giving more time to the TV/PSN stuff. Would have been a 2015 PS4 exclusive.

Driveclub is getting a marketing push in Sept/Oct. No need to waste time on it now. People already know it's coming out in 3 months, that's an awkward time since it's been pimped for like 18 months now.

Press folk on AusGAF who want an early heads up on something, shout out

I fully acknowledge talking about a game that isn't at E3 this week is insane
Me me me!

Don't have a PS4 yet. Looking for an excuse...

I've been 100% in Minecraft lately lol.

Dick Smith have it for $483 posted until 8pm tonight! Use POWER code at checkout to drop it down $5. Only took 2 days to get to me so if you order tonight it will probably arrive on Monday :)

With a flick of my wrist and a tap of the index finger.
THAT'S NOT VISCERAL ENOUGH DUDE

YOU NEED TO FEEL THE TENSION OF THE TRIGGER PUSHING YOU BACK FROM THE PRECIPICE OF A BINARY CHOICE OF LIFE OR DEATH

TO BE IMMERSED IN THE PHYSICAL EMBODIMENT OF A KILLER OF ALL THAT WAS AND ALL THAT COULD HAVE BEEN FOR THIS PRECIOUS LIFE YOU TAKE BEFORE YOU

WE ARE NOT ROBOT MEN OF ROBOT MINDS WE ARE PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE NEED TO FEEL THINGS

Quick house rental question gaf. The towel rack in one of the bathrooms finally snapped off its mount (not the wall just the mount), is it the landlords problem or mine?

It was a cheaply made one so am surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Quick house rental question gaf. The towel rack in one of the bathrooms finally snapped off its mount (not the wall just the mount), is it the landlords problem or mine?
IANAL etc, but as it's a fitting I'd say the landlord. Report it as soon as possible. However, since it's hardly essential, they probably don't have to fix it unless they want to. In which case, you may opt to fix it yourself and that will probably be OK.

IANAL etc, but as it's a fitting I'd say the landlord. Report it as soon as possible. However, since it's hardly essential, they probably don't have to fix it unless they want to. In which case, you may opt to fix it yourself and that will probably be OK.

Thanks. Yeah had a look before and they'll only fix essential things, fuckers. Will give them a call tomorrow, if not I'll just buy it. Annoying not having one that's for sure.

Tommy DJ

It was a cheaply made one so am surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Contact the real estate agent or contact the landlord. I can't remember my property law since I've never had to use it but there should be a section in the Residential Tenancies Act 1997 that states that the landlord must carry out required repairs within 14 or so days once given written notice.

Of course its a waste of time to do this sort of thing for non-urgent repairs so I'd just give him or her a call and ask if you can install a new bath rail.

I just spent $45 on a THRILLHO tshirt when my last 10 tshirts have cost less than that >.>

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

please don't tell the wife <_>

Link to THRILLHO shirt or Holy.

WXhLY7e.jpg

THRILLHO

By a Melbourne shirt dealy called Cool Shirtz

Was tempted by MR SPARKLE too but damn, $90 on quirky shirts is too much for me! All the gaming ones are awesome but too on the nose for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom