• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo got my code for the Destiny Alpha. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play it tonight.

Also, it's been 6 years since I was last at uni and I can confirm that exams still do indeed, suck.

Gazunta

Got my SBTC in the mail today, Thanks Gaz!

Yay! Hope you like it!

You know what's great about where I work, They are upgrading their internal systems next month.

Now, We are a mac business, Everyone uses macs. The current internal system we use runs on mac, The new system is pronto.

Pronto doesn't run natively on macs. So we need to use a remote desktop connection into the server to access pronto.

Shoot me.

Pronto was made by Satan, I feel for you man :/ Good God what a piece of outdated crap.

And have they solved the 'games locked to hardware not accounts' thing?

Games haven't been locked to Nintendo hardware since the release of the Wii U. The deal is that games are locked to your NNID accounts, but those accounts are locked to hardware. So yes, if you lost your console, had it stolen, or otherwise needed to replace it for some reason, it is possible to get them back. You just need to contact Nintendo support with your circumstances (and typically something like a police report if it's been stolen). They're very good about getting things back for you. If you were sending in a console for repairs and they replaced it, they'll do the transfer for you.

It's certainly a bit more cumbersome than with other consoles, but it's by no means as difficult to get things back as some people seem to think.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Games haven't been locked to Nintendo hardware since the release of the Wii U. The deal is that games are locked to your NNID accounts, but those accounts are locked to hardware. So yes, if you lost your console, had it stolen, or otherwise needed to replace it for some reason, it is possible to get them back. You just need to contact Nintendo support with your circumstances (and typically something like a police report if it's been stolen). They're very good about getting things back for you. If you were sending in a console for repairs and they replaced it, they'll do the transfer for you.

It's certainly a bit more cumbersome than with other consoles, but it's by no means as difficult to get things back as some people seem to think.

It frustrating how many times that needs to be explained.

WiiU Pro Controller for $46.34 posted, since Jintor hasn't replied to my tweet yet :/

So if I buy a 2DS I can transfer all my stuff over from the 3DS no issue?

Quasar

It frustrating how many times that needs to be explained.

Well being someone whose never really owned a nintendo device I'm quite lacking in nintendo knowledge.

Which raises another question...how do eshop, regions and accounts work with the wiiu. Can I use a US eshop account with an aussie wiiu? Are digital games region locked as well as physical games?

Whelp I didn't get into the Destiny alpha/beta. At least I don't need to worry about buying/pre-ordering the game now!

Well being someone whose never really owned a nintendo device I'm quite lacking in nintendo knowledge.

Which raises another question...how do eshop, regions and accounts work with the wiiu. Can I use a US eshop account with an aussie wiiu? Are digital games region locked as well as physical games?

I don't think digital games are locked, the US one might be but I made a UK account to use some download codes for W101 and Pikmin 3 and they work fine on my AU console and account.

Quasar

So SBS added a PS4 app. And good god, was that interface hit with an ugly stick.

Looks like a web page from the 90's and the ugliest font possible.

Of course if the stream quality wasn't so compressed I could live with it.

Quasar

Whelp I didn't get into the Destiny alpha/beta. At least I don't need to worry about buying/pre-ordering the game now!

I signed up too, but before I realised it was US only.

Watching the giantbomb playthru though. Couldn't help but be reminded of Guildwars1.

I don't think digital games are locked, the US one might be but I made a UK account to use some download codes for W101 and Pikmin 3 and they work fine on my AU console and account.

Oh. OK.

r1chard

Another SLAKfest LAN coming up on the 28th of June in Moorolbark, Vic.

$30 gets you entry, lunch (BBQ) and dinner (pizza) and a bunch of funtimes.

Games played are typically in the Valve stable: Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead. Other games played include Minecraft, Startopia, Terraria and really whatever the hell people want to play as long as it doesn't require a hefty Internet connection (ie. all those managed host games which suck).

I usually take along my PS3 to plug into a projector. There's usually a bunch of kids there (the SLAK community has an emphasis on keeping games fun for everyone and not putting up with assholes).

Come along, especially you MitchGAF regulars, it's fun :)

Rahk

Anyone want to buy a 12-month NA PSN card? I stupidly did not realise that amazon.com only sells NA codes.
I might. Think mine ran out recently, but thought I had already bought another one when it was on sale. Will have to re-check later tonight/tomorrow. If someone else wants it feel free to go ahead though.

Edit: Checking Amazon I bought it in November, so I must have just forgotten to add the code so I guess I won't need it.

I signed up too, but before I realised it was US only.

Watching the giantbomb playthru though. Couldn't help but be reminded of Guildwars1.

Oh your code isn't working? Might need to make a US account to play it. A Bungie employee gave me a code but it doesn't work with my AU account either.

There ARE codes for the AU region though, the sign up for it was yesterday through PlaystationAU as that's where I got the email from.

Quasar

Oh your code isn't working? Might need to make a US account to play it. A Bungie employee gave me a code but it doesn't work with my AU account either.

There ARE codes for the AU region though, the sign up for it was yesterday through PlaystationAU as that's where I got the email from.

I never got a code, but I assumed I didn't because of my Au account. Where do you signup for the Au one? Doing a quick look on the playstation au page didn't turn anything up.

I never got a code, but I assumed I didn't because of my Au account. Where do you signup for the Au one? Doing a quick look on the playstation au page didn't turn anything up.

The email went out yesterday morning at like 1am, had to sign up by 5 or 6pm last night. Codes got emailed out last night/this morning but I didn't get one :(

Quasar

The email went out yesterday morning at like 1am, had to sign up by 5 or 6pm last night. Codes got emailed out last night/this morning but I didn't get one :(

Ahh. Checking my PSN email address (I have one just for PSN - which I normally never check) and I got a code, but never got the in console message which is why I assumed I missed out.

A 6.7GB download which might take a while on my DSL.

So if I buy a 2DS I can transfer all my stuff over from the 3DS no issue?

Yes. That's something you can even do yourself, without contacting support. Just go to the settings menu on your 3DS and follow the prompts.

You can't use a US or Japanese NNID with an Australian Wii U, however you should be able to set up a UK NNID's on the console to get access to their eShop. Keep in mind thaat there's no separation between an eShop account and an NNID, they're one and the same thing. So if you want an Aussie NNID, that will be a separate account on the console. All accounts on the console will have access to the games though.

Jintor

I might. Think mine ran out recently, but thought I had already bought another one when it was on sale. Will have to re-check later tonight/tomorrow. If someone else wants it feel free to go ahead though.

Edit: Checking Amazon I bought it in November, so I must have just forgotten to add the code so I guess I won't need it.

;__;

Now on Game Review System, you can review games that have WOOL GRAPHICS and feature TOYS THAT YOU CAN BUY TO UNLOCK NEW CHARACTERS.

What else should I add

Gender. Race. disdain for the genre, tell stupid story about why the game resonates with you and its cognitive dissonance, ludonarrative dissonance,

plus your ethics policy. Please mention your ethics in each review.

in that vein, I just played a few rounds of BF: Hardline. I had a lot of fun. Whether I buy it depends on whether Destiny, CoD and Halo sate the urge to shoot things.

Gonna quickly try Destiny now.

Dead Man

You know, if your website is not going to redirect people to the desktop version, you should at least have a prominent button to get to the desktop site. Or at least use better images so people on a desktop aren't greeted with shit like this:

OvsBA6y.png

Why is the mobile website thing so hard for so many websites? I know they use low res images to save people on mobile data, but come on. I click a link in 2014 and that is what I get?

If you don't redirect, give a fucking link at the top of the page to go to the desktop site. If any of my web developer friends fail to do this I am going to be charging them one drink for each occurrence.

Edit: And if you have a link to the desktop site, make it to the story I am already reading, not your fucking home page.

You know, if your website is not going to redirect people to the desktop version, you should at least have a prominent button to get to the desktop site. Or at least use better images so people on a desktop aren't greeted with shit like this:

OvsBA6y.png

Why is the mobile website thing so hard for so many websites? I know they use low res images to save people on mobile data, but come on. I click a link in 2014 and that is what I get?

If you don't redirect, give a fucking link at the top of the page to go to the desktop site. If any of my web developer friends fail to do this I am going to be charging them one drink for each occurrence.

Edit: And if you have a link to the desktop site, make it to the story I am already reading, not your fucking home page.

Removing the m doesn't send you to the desktop page?

hamchan

Played Destiny for an hour and it's pretty fun. Just feels good to play.
That game is an mmo ass mmo though. Enemies even respawn after I walk 10 feet away.

legend166

Who knows anything about cars?

My Corolla is making a weird rattling noise when I accelerate up to about 2500rpm. It only happens when I accelerate while the car is already moving (i.e. up a hill), not when I'm accelerating from a stop. Also is doesn't happen when I rev the car in park, it's only when I'm driving. The sound is like what you get with a dud PC fan.

Played Destiny for an hour and it's pretty fun. Just feels good to play.
That game is an mmo ass mmo though. Enemies even respawn after I walk 10 feet away.

I liked it so far. It does look like a PS3 game after playing Wolfenstein and BF Hardline.
I'd sort of believe that was an Alpha if it was branched off weeks or months ago. ie Bungie having a team working on polishing the demo, while the rest worked on finishing the main game.

That's what I'm hoping because it looks like a pretty PS3 game right now. A good game, just a bit flat looking, flat sounding and comparing to the other 30fps game I'e played on the system, ACIV, it looks like its sub 30.

And the voice over guy in MP sounds like they roped in an English tourist off the streets of Bellevue.

So I will be getting both games.

Downloaded Destiny alpha, will play tonight. I might get another code (AU) for my alt account, will pass it on in case you don't get yours.

Sweet! I'll let you know how I go with this whole US account thing. PSN isn't letting me log into the account to activate my PS4 on it so not sure what's going on >.>

Do unlocks or anything transfer to the final game? I assume not.

r1chard

Who knows anything about cars?

My Corolla is making a weird rattling noise when I accelerate up to about 2500rpm. It only happens when I accelerate while the car is already moving (i.e. up a hill), not when I'm accelerating from a stop. Also is doesn't happen when I rev the car in park, it's only when I'm driving. The sound is like what you get with a dud PC fan.
If there's one thing I learned about cars is that you take them to a mechanic you can trust when they start making strange noises.

Ingram

Looks like we have a new WiiU deal on the way. Big W will have this in a few days (18th):

skylanders-wii-u-bundle.jpg

The Skylanders SWAP Force bundle comes with;

Wii U Basic Pack
Nintendo Land game disc
Skylanders SWAP Force starter pack that includes:
Skylanders SWAP Force Wii U game disc
Portal of Power
Three Skylanders figures, including Ninja Stealth Elf and two SWAP Force characters: EXCLUSIVE Colour Shift Wash Buckler and Blast Zone
Collector poster, trading cards and sticker sheets

$198

They also have MK8 for $58 and I *think* you'll still have time to claim the free game?

All that Skylanders shit is going straight to ebay if I manage to get this deal. Drop the cost even further.

Looks like we have a new WiiU deal on the way. Big W will have this in a few weeks:
The Skylanders SWAP Force bundle comes with;

Wii U Basic Pack
Nintendo Land game disc
Skylanders SWAP Force starter pack that includes:
Skylanders SWAP Force Wii U game disc
Portal of Power
Three Skylanders figures, including Ninja Stealth Elf and two SWAP Force characters: EXCLUSIVE Colour Shift Wash Buckler and Blast Zone
Collector poster, trading cards and sticker sheets

$198

They also have MK8 for $58 and I *think* you'll still have time to claim the free game?

All that Skylanders shit is going straight to ebay if I manage to get this deal. Drop the cost even further.
Goes up on Big W website next Wednesday. Swash Bucker is going for around $30 on eBay currently.

Still kind of bummed about how underwhelming E3 was this year.

And how I still don't really have a reason to own an Xbone. Or my PS4.

Not until 2015 at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom