• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

i'm playing w101 on a gamepad at my desk because i moved the wii u in here. this is weird.

if i had a monitor with a hdmi in with speakers that would prooooooooobably be better but hey whatever

Rizzi

Blergh. The more I play Wonderful 101 the less I want to play it.
I enjoy being able to tell what the fuck is happening on the screen when I'm fighting enemies. Guess it's not for me.

Jintor

I enjoy being able to tell what the fuck is happening on the screen when I'm fighting enemies. Guess it's not for me.

lol. meanwhile I'm playing entirely on the tiny-ass gamepad in my room. Readability during fights is pretty good once you know what you're looking for... it's the atrocious platforming segments where it really begins to irritate me

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I ended up loving the game, but wait for the boss fight against your nemesis guy. God damn.

Do you think I'll get a better deal than this for 2014?

No chance in cunting hell buddy. That's an insane price.

Only Dick Smith will possibly go cheaper in the next 3 years. If they are still in business.

Insane fucking prices. UNCONSCIONABLE PRICES I SAY. I don't see how they make any money on this. Glad I don't own that company.

Although knowing my luck Dick Smith will have it 50% off next week just for the fucking lolz :/

I can actually get the Kinect-less SKU off a reputable Ebay store for like 420. I can't see the price of Kinects at the moment though, seems like they're not sold separately yet. I know they're gonna be like 150 retail or more, but it might be theoretically possible to pick up a cheap second hand one or somethin. We'll see. How long is the Dick deal going for?

Do you think I'll get a better deal than this for 2014?

For $598 at JB you can get the kinect, Fifa, Watch Dogs, Forza and Titanfall (last two as DL cards). That sounds like a better deal, especially if you want to ebay some of the bits you don't want.

The console was just cut in price, it's not going to move significantly lower.

I myself am going to grab a kinectless one around October.

bomma_man

damn SBS's coverage of the World Cup (over TV and internet) shits all over anything that the commercial stations and even Foxtel have ever done for big sporting events. they should be embarrassed really.

For $598 at JB you can get the kinect, Fifa, Watch Dogs, Forza and Titanfall (last two as DL cards). That sounds like a better deal, especially if you want to ebay some of the bits you don't want.

The console was just cut in price, it's not going to move significantly lower.

I myself am going to grab a kinectless one around October.

It's theoretically a better deal, it's just a hassle selling all of the stuff individually. Listing items, waiting for a buyer, posting them, the risk of someone fucking you as a seller etc. I might keep Forza just to have diversity in my games lineup but none of those games actually genuinely interest me :/

I shouldn't even be buying one until end of the year or next year to be honest. But I have dat thirst

I can actually get the Kinect-less SKU off a reputable Ebay store for like 420. I can't see the price of Kinects at the moment though, seems like they're not sold separately yet. I know they're gonna be like 150 retail or more, but it might be theoretically possible to pick up a cheap second hand one or somethin. We'll see. How long is the Dick deal going for?

The eBay deal is going til Thursday night. Not sure when they will start selling Kinects, shocked they didn't have them ready to go. The new SKU must have been rushed.

lol yup. Great immediate impression, pacing of a dead dog
I love it. That first ep was intense as FUCK and then yeah drawn out as a Bleach filler arc after that.

Well, that's being rude. Not THAT bad. But you still get a shitton of useless recap most episodes and a whole lot of "IM NOT GOOD ENOUGH IVE FUCKED EVERYTHING UP BOO HOO ILL JUST STAND HERE AND MONOLOGUE FOR FIVE MINUTES" getting in the way of everything.

I love the story and the action though. Really cool concepts as well. The direction is pretty breathtaking at times too, looks incredible. Great contrast happening now 10 episodes in between the life/despair visuals.

Ps4 bundle is no more.

Yeah I watched it tick down to zero stock, the joys of eBay!

Jintor

I really think it's not a great visual looker for the most part... but it has these really well storyboarded moments that look great.

I liked that there was an entire episode set in the same goddamn courtyard though. Shades of shonen zzzz

Jintor

the background art is terrible though. Perspective totally borked often, difficult to visually distinguish backgrounds often. It's like the background was entirely greenscreened

Had no idea you were heading here until now. You're mean. :p
I didn't mention it at all because I knew we wouldn't have any spare time!

We're heading back tomorrow morning, have checked out but a few places and won't have time to get to any of the breweries further out than the CBD (Redoak) or The Rocks (Lord Nelson). Didn't even manage to get to Sydney Brewery (in the Macquarie Hotel?) as we're just too tired.

Non-beer related, I saw the Parramatta Leagues Club, so that was a thing. Parramatta is really far from the city. Also ate dinner in Glebe, if you want to know a Thai place to not eat at, I can help you out. Kinokuniya is cool, and the ichi-ban boshi ramen place next to it is good. Oh, and Laduree.

Kritz

Banned
SJOqwbh.png

mg22B29.png

man I added a chat system to CBD and now everyone's freaking out

I love it. That first ep was intense as FUCK and then yeah drawn out as a Bleach filler arc after that.

Well, that's being rude. Not THAT bad. But you still get a shitton of useless recap most episodes and a whole lot of "IM NOT GOOD ENOUGH IVE FUCKED EVERYTHING UP BOO HOO ILL JUST STAND HERE AND MONOLOGUE FOR FIVE MINUTES" getting in the way of everything.

I love the story and the action though. Really cool concepts as well. The direction is pretty breathtaking at times too, looks incredible. Great contrast happening now 10 episodes in between the life/despair visuals.

You're watching the american dub version?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

Yeah I watched it tick down to zero stock, the joys of eBay!

Might watch it soon.

Just powered through 180+ episodes of fairy tail and had a fucking ball.

Started one piece last night ( 2 or 3 eps) and am enjoying.

But the pacing of fairy tail was great. Arcs never going over 20 eps.

Deeku

ANIMEEEE!

i really like one piece, but after watching like 300 episodes i realised i was still 200+ (now probably 300+++) episodes behind....so i gave up lol!

HolyCheck

ANIMEEEE!

i really like one piece, but after watching like 300 episodes i realised i was still 200+ (now probably 300+++) episodes behind....so i gave up lol!

Yeh I'm contemplating if it's worth it...

Altho I did 180 fairy tail eps in 3 weeks... so I might..

Fairy tail was good! Lots of laughter.

Danoss

I didn't mention it at all because I knew we wouldn't have any spare time!

We're heading back tomorrow morning, have checked out but a few places and won't have time to get to any of the breweries further out than the CBD (Redoak) or The Rocks (Lord Nelson). Didn't even manage to get to Sydney Brewery (in the Macquarie Hotel?) as we're just too tired.

Non-beer related, I saw the Parramatta Leagues Club, so that was a thing. Parramatta is really far from the city. Also ate dinner in Glebe, if you want to know a Thai place to not eat at, I can help you out. Kinokuniya is cool, and the ichi-ban boshi ramen place next to it is good. Oh, and Laduree.

I'm only poking fun. I did the same to Omi when he was up for only a brief time too.

If you were at Parramatta Leagues, you weren't too far away from my place. It's nothing special, but the Yum Cha restaurant there is great. Parra is a bit of a trek from the city, which is why I rarely go there. Public transport is a pain and the traffic sucks a lot of the time.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Yeh I'm contemplating if it's worth it...

Altho I did 180 fairy tail eps in 3 weeks... so I might..

Fairy tail was good! Lots of laughter.

The 180-episodes you watched of Fairy Tale would have been better spent towards One Piece.>:

So yes it's worth it.

One Piece is awful to look at and the main character is annoying. It animates like those old Popeye cartoons on steroids. Is it actually good?

About 8 or 9 months after I bought it, I finally got around to playing Fire Emblem Awakening. Damn it's a great game! Still find myself resetting a lot, even in casual mode, because I keep accidentally killing recruitable characters or letting a weak character wander too close to strong enemies before they can earn any sweet, sweet EXP.

What's the DLC like? Worth it?

one piece is a slow burn, it takes 50 chapters of exceedingly average stuff before it gets interesting and doesn't get consistently good until like 100 chapters in

edit - and by good i mean dumb fighting manga good. If your not into that you won't like it

Tommy DJ

One Piece is awful to look at and the main character is annoying. It animates like those old Popeye cartoons on steroids. Is it actually good?

About 8 or 9 months after I bought it, I finally got around to playing Fire Emblem Awakening. Damn it's a great game! Still find myself resetting a lot, even in casual mode, because I keep accidentally killing recruitable characters or letting a weak character wander too close to strong enemies before they can earn any sweet, sweet EXP.

What's the DLC like? Worth it?

Not really, in my opinion. They're quite expensive and a lot of them do not offer a lot.

Golden Pack doesn't offer anything but easy ways to grind exp, gold, weapons. I think completing Infinite Regalia gets you the Silver Card, which cuts the price of everything instore by half.

Champions/Lost Bloodlines/Smash/Rogues Packs is mostly Fire Emblem fanservice. You have to be very familiar with the Fire Emblem series to get a lot of the jokes (eg. Sheeda being an insatiable flirt who tries to recruits the whole enemy army). The third DLC map of each pack nets you a new skill scroll; the second DLC map of Smash Brethren and Lost Bloodlines nets you a new class change item.

Scramble Pack has some amusing conversations between your characters and some fanservice, such as the infamous Tharja ass shot.

Challenge Pack actually has some scenarios that are challenging. The Future Past Pack is good if you're interesting the the characters and story.

HolyCheck

one piece is a slow burn, it takes 50 chapters of exceedingly average stuff before it gets interesting and doesn't get consistently good until like 100 chapters in

edit - and by good i mean dumb fighting manga good. If your not into that you won't like it

Ah.. :(

I'll give it 50 episodes or so and see how I feel.

I might watch rave master... but I heard it was cancelled before they got to finish the manga so I dunnno

Not really, in my opinion. They're quite expensive and a lot of them do not offer a lot.

Golden Pack doesn't offer anything but easy ways to grind exp, gold, weapons. I think completing Infinite Regalia gets you the Silver Card, which cuts the price of everything instore by half.

Champions/Lost Bloodlines/Smash/Rogues Packs is basically Fire Emblem fanservice. You have to be very familiar with the Fire Emblem series to get any of the jokes (eg. Sheeda being an insatiable flirt who tries to recruits the whole enemy army). The third DLC map of each pack nets you a new skill scroll; the second DLC map of Smash Brethren and Lost Bloodlines nets you a new class change item.

Scramble Pack has some amusing conversations between your characters and some fanservice, such as the infamous Tharja ass shot.

Challenge Pack actually has some scenarios that are challenging. The Future Past Pack is good if you're interesting the the characters and story.
The Tharja what now? I'm pairing her up with the girly man priest because their personalities clash in hilarious ways.

Also, Donnel with Panne because I'm cruel like that.

Hmm... I'll have to think about it. I'm not that far into the game and I'm starting to suspect some time travel shenanigans are afoot when it comes to Marth.

Tommy DJ

The Tharja what now? I'm pairing her up with the girly man priest because their personalities clash in hilarious ways.

The Gaming Discussion forum went nuts when the DLC was first released because Nintendo of America censored Tharja's ass in the Summer Scramble DLC. Small vignettes like these are probably the some of the highest amount of effort Nintendo put into the Fire Emblem DLC. You're really better off reading the DLC conversations for most of the map packs on the Fire Emblem wikia since a lot of them don't give you any new items, skills, classes, story, character development or interesting scenarios.

Destiny is good by yourself. Real good.
But playing in co-op or even just ambient exploring it's DAMN GOOD.

Played a fair bit tonight with Death Jnr (and a little with Toasty_T!) and it was a damn good time. Took down that damn spider tank boss 3 times now! My fresh character today went all the way to the cap after we ran that last mission. Really enjoyed that.

Ran like a dream on my country bumpkin ADSL. Taking down bad guys with no issues with lag which definitely makes this a must buy for me now. Really fun.

You're watching the american dub version?
Yup. Just watched the first 13. Will wait for another huge bunch to watch next time once it hits AnimeLab.

Just powered through 180+ episodes of fairy tail and had a fucking ball.

Started one piece last night ( 2 or 3 eps) and am enjoying.

But the pacing of fairy tail was great. Arcs never going over 20 eps.
Hmm I might try those next! When I was at uni I was told to avoid One Piece because they editing the fuck out of it or something? Haven't looked into it since then tbh.

HolyCheck

Destiny is good by yourself. Real good.
But playing in co-op or even just ambient exploring it's DAMN GOOD.

Played a fair bit tonight with Death Jnr (and a little with Toasty_T!) and it was a damn good time. Took down that damn spider tank boss 3 times now! My fresh character today went all the way to the cap after we ran that last mission. Really enjoyed that.

Ran like a dream on my country bumpkin ADSL. Taking down bad guys with no issues with lag which definitely makes this a must buy for me now. Really fun.

Yup. Just watched the first 13. Will wait for another huge bunch to watch next time once it hits AnimeLab.

Hmm I might try those next! When I was at uni I was told to avoid One Piece because they editing the fuck out of it or something? Haven't looked into it since then tbh.

Woooooowwww it really has been around for a long long time!

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom