• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Destiny is good by yourself. Real good.
But playing in co-op or even just ambient exploring it's DAMN GOOD.

Played a fair bit tonight with Death Jnr (and a little with Toasty_T!) and it was a damn good time. Took down that damn spider tank boss 3 times now! My fresh character today went all the way to the cap after we ran that last mission. Really enjoyed that.

Ran like a dream on my country bumpkin ADSL. Taking down bad guys with no issues with lag which definitely makes this a must buy for me now. Really fun.

Yup. Just watched the first 13. Will wait for another huge bunch to watch next time once it hits AnimeLab.

Good game rep. My controller died mid way during the Devil's lair fight :(

Definitely getting Destiny at launch. Too bad none of the alpha progress will carry over.

Watch the Japanese version with subs, only way to enjoy anime.

Jintor

I kinda wish I could read the novels, but I feel like every light novel translation I've read so far has kinda sucked and I honestly can't tell if it's the translation or they're just bad in Japanese, too.

If All You Need Is Kill sucks too then maybe I'll know

Quasar

If you want to watch those, just add more needles.

As they say. Your favourite anime is shit. I liked the first half of S1, as I've said numerous times in the Animegaf thread. Whilst I thought part two was poor, it still wasnt as bad as a shiton of other anime I dropped midstream.

Quasar

I kinda wish I could read the novels, but I feel like every light novel translation I've read so far has kinda sucked and I honestly can't tell if it's the translation or they're just bad in Japanese, too.

Makes me wonder about official translations. The clunkiness of fan translations I put down to poor/rushed translations as well as ya source material.

Rizzi

lol. meanwhile I'm playing entirely on the tiny-ass gamepad in my room. Readability during fights is pretty good once you know what you're looking for... it's the atrocious platforming segments where it really begins to irritate me

I mean, I'll keep playing it because it was expensive and I'll be damned if I don't get something out of it.
Bayonetta didn't click with me at first, but I ended up loving that, so we'll see.

Jintor

I mean, I'll keep playing it because it was expensive and I'll be damned if I don't get something out of it.
Bayonetta didn't click with me at first, but I ended up loving that, so we'll see.

If nothing else I think the absurdities to which they push the story mode is worth it

As they say. Your favourite anime is shit. I liked the first half of S1, as I've said numerous times in the Animegaf thread. Whilst I thought part two was poor, it still wasnt as bad as a shiton of other anime I dropped midstream.

Even the first half I thought was on the poor end of mediocre but it wasn't a haremshit or anything really at that point. But as I think we've talked about over there, it really is kind of a backlash to SAO's popularity which is why it's so relentlessly shat upon. A lot of the other stuff that is terrible is recognised as such, but there's a curious blind spot for SAO's various, shall we say, eccentricities.

Quasar

Even the first half I thought was on the poor end of mediocre but it wasn't a haremshit or anything really at that point. But as I think we've talked about over there, it really is kind of a backlash to SAO's popularity which is why it's so relentlessly shat upon. A lot of the other stuff that is terrible is recognised as such, but there's a curious blind spot for SAO's various, shall we say, eccentricities.

And what you'd call eccentricities, I'd call overly common Japanese pop fiction (be it anime, manga or LN) tropes.

Of course if I was pimping a show that touches on the subject of gamers in a game world, I'd be pushing Log Horizon, which I adore.

Jintor

notbad.gif

I should probably be sourcing all my manga from there now that i think about it, but i'm about to leave all my books behind so... nah

i've spent the last two hours studying for labour law

see if ausgaf is also suffering with me

ausgaf talking about mangas i should really get into

I despise you all.

labor law or corporations law? you got frank as your lecturer or not
Hahahahaha, holy geez, Jintor, you're such a creep!

[For those outside of the Sydney Metropolitan area who have missed the reference -- Jintor's being a total creep right now]

Labour Law! I had Frank for Business Organisations last year and I have him for Labour Law now and well, yeah, he's a character. HAVE YOU GOT ANY TIPS JINTOR

So far, it's just Bowser Revolutions everywhere.

reptilescorpio and damp yoshi introduce

AusGAF 11

pReUtAU.png

If we could ban Jintor, that'd be great as well.

Guys, I think Destiny sold me on a PS4. I want to play with you and listen to Tyrion talk about Moon Wizards.

Good to know, it's super fun. I'll be pre-ordering in a few days for the beta access next month.

Few hours to go before the Alpha expires, anyone want to play one last game? I want to take down the Devil's lair on Legend difficulty.

Stop running rep, relax. We beat the big ugly ball of plasma.

Stats from our game:

Here's a video from the last 4 minutes: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152620084856874&l=6380600824251678221

Quasar

So I'm considering a used WiiU if the price is right.

With say a retail outlet like say EB games, how concerned should I be about possibly getting a unit with a damaged tablet controller?

You have a warranty (30 days? 90 days?) when buying from a business so you should be ok.

Didn't I read on ausgaf of a Wii U skylanders bundle for $200 at Big W soon? I highly doubt you'd save much buying used from EB unless you were buying with trade-ins/existing store credit.

Quasar

You have a warranty (30 days? 90 days?) when buying from a business so you should be ok.

Didn't I read on ausgaf of a Wii U skylanders bundle for $200 at Big W soon? I highly doubt you'd save much buying used from EB unless you were buying with trade-ins/existing store credit.

Didn't know that. I'll keep that in mind, its not like I need to buy today. Though the current Basic WiiU plus mario kart and skylanders for 278 at EB seems ok.

Rizzi

Didn't know that. I'll keep that in mind, its not like I need to buy today. Though the current Basic WiiU plus mario kart and skylanders for 278 at EB seems ok.
You'll need an external hdd unless you don't plan on downloading anything ever.

Quasar

You'll need an external hdd unless you don't plan on downloading anything ever.

Well yeah. But I'd need one anyway. It actually had me wondering who makes externals with white cases. Or what white cases can I buy to install my own drive in.

It also had me wondering, given the basics lack of sensor bar what games use that. Or is it strictly for Wii bc?

Dimefan3

Doesn't the half yearly sales start soon? After what I saw from E3 I reckon I might just pick up a Wii U and beef up my PC a bit, that should keep me until late 2015...still have a backlog of last gen and retro titles to check out anyway.

Rizzi

There are a few games that support the Wii Remote for multiplayer stuff, but I think only Nintendo Land requires it for multiplayer.

reptilescorpio and damp yoshi introduce

AusGAF 11

pReUtAU.png

If we could ban Jintor, that'd be great as well.
Oh noes! That means we need to let one Codswallop in! Somebody find one from somewhere else, quick!

Guys, I think Destiny sold me on a PS4. I want to play with you and listen to Tyrion talk about Moon Wizards.
It's the perfect first MMO really. Looking forward to the GAF clans getting up and running. Adding a ton of friends through DestinyGAF will add a lot more ambient MP goings on to the experience.

Can you be in more than one clan Death?

Stop running rep, relax. We beat the big ugly ball of plasma.

Stats from our game:
fJ6YYnf.jpg

Here's a video from the last 4 minutes: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152620084856874&l=6380600824251678221
Heh, I was trying to find some loot! Also I hadn't been to that area before so wanted to do some exploring.

I did pretty poorly in that final boss, felt pretty good up until that point (especially with the tank, finding that cover point under the bridge made it easy) but that final boss was potent as fuck!

Didn't help I spent most of the mission at level 7 and had really basic weapons. Needed headshots to do proper damage.

Not too bad considering I made the character just before joining you! I really like that Warlock class. I'll probably main that rather than the melee focused Titan.

Given the Destiny hype what is the best place to preorder to get beta access on an Australian PSN account?
EB probably. When they start handing out codes just go in, pre-order, then cancel the pre-order the next day!

So I'm considering a used WiiU if the price is right.

With say a retail outlet like say EB games, how concerned should I be about possibly getting a unit with a damaged tablet controller?
Just go the $200 Big W deal. Better than any second hand deal you will get!

given the basics lack of sensor bar what games use that.
I haven't had to plug it in or use the Tabpad's one yet so no idea. I don't think you will have issues without it unless you want to play Wiimote only FPS Wii games. I never even used one for No More Heroes lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom