• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashtrax

Yay, it looks like I don't have to be a lurker anymore! Just had my account approved after much waiting and figured the first post I would make would be with my fellow countrymen and women.

Just to introduce myself, I would classify myself as a gamer with the massive pile of shame, hoping to one day conquer all (or at least most... or half... I'll aim for half). I guess the biggest problem is that so many games these days are multiplayer co-op, and most of my mates aren't big time gamers.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to discussing all things games with the peeps in this space!

Cheers!

Kritz

Banned
UvfXdx5.gif
Hr4O0ok.gif

Meanwhile, I struggle with the simple things.

Yay, it looks like I don't have to be a lurker anymore! Just had my account approved after much waiting and figured the first post I would make would be with my fellow countrymen and women.

Just to introduce myself, I would classify myself as a gamer with the massive pile of shame, hoping to one day conquer all (or at least most... or half... I'll aim for half). I guess the biggest problem is that so many games these days are multiplayer co-op, and most of my mates aren't big time gamers.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to discussing all things games with the peeps in this space!

Cheers!

Just as a heads up we rarely talk about games. Also welcome.

Cheers!

Welcome! Talk about games!

Dead Man

I'd love to drop into AusGAF more often but it's all AFL and politics. Things I know nothing about and pay no attention to.

There are dedicated threads for those things now, you should see less of them these days. Since we also don't talk about games, it means the thread becomes very quiet sometimes.

They have their own separate threads so it's safe here now!

Tho I actually kinda miss having politics stuff in here:/

Same. Leaves both threads as rather less than the single thread was.

elektrixx

Banned
I had the worst printer repair today. Because it's so poorly designed I had to take just about everything off the printer just to get to the rollers that pick up paper, including the scanner on the top.

Gazunta

to be fair I'm not sure if I was even alive in 2002.

:( Sonofabitch.

Gaz went back into game dev? why gaz why!

Your soul.

I will never be able to really escape game dev, ever, ever, ever.

ever

Stay tuned

Mega why would a Contra style game need AI? Wouldn't it have just been easier to assign paths for enemies to blindly follow? That's how they did it 'back in the day' and for a student project that would have been fine surely?

OH HEY GUYS, I MADE A NEW COMIC. It's about Krusty's Fun House on the NES / SNES / MegaDrive / PC / pretty much everything else:

All of Halfbricks games are free on iOS atm

If you got it for free, fuck thee

Album is fantastic. Kinda disappointed I missed out on the physical

Nah I dropped him a tenner like I did with I Am The Night.

No excuse for anyone to pass on it though, being free!

Yeah I didn't keep up with the release schedule and missed out on the cool boxed sets :(

Fogz

:( Sonofabitch.

I will never be able to really escape game dev, ever, ever, ever.

ever

Stay tuned

Mega why would a Contra style game need AI? Wouldn't it have just been easier to assign paths for enemies to blindly follow? That's how they did it 'back in the day' and for a student project that would have been fine surely?

OH HEY GUYS, I MADE A NEW COMIC. It's about Krusty's Fun House on the NES / SNES / MegaDrive / PC / pretty much everything else:

Haha! That's some amazing looking Simpsons characters too!

Shaneus

Literally no reason not to be listening to the new Perturbator album. It's free for fucks sake! Give Future Club a listen at the very least.
Free? That's the best kind of free. The vinyl looks fucking badarse too, but I didn't get in on it early enough :(

Gimme big discounts on the oculus rift games like assetto corsa, next month can't come soon enough :D
Just pay full price for AC, Kunos are not a big company and deserve your coinage. Tightwad :(

Cheers!

Welcome to your new home. Which city do you live in?

Danoss

Yeah I was super disappoint about that. Hope they do a reprint at some point.

I would've missed out on the CD if it weren't for your tweet, so thanks for that (and thanks to me actually checking my twitter in a timely manner for once). I didn't see a link to the downloadable files when I bought it, but I'll grab the flac files now that I can.

senahorse

Free? That's the best kind of free. The vinyl looks fucking badarse too, but I didn't get in on it early enough :(

Just pay full price for AC, Kunos are not a big company and deserve your coinage. Tightwad :(

It's either I give them no money at all, or a discounted price, so what's better?

Stackboy

Got good poisoning from ... somewhere in Sydney.

Fuck you, Sydney.

Vomit streak almost at four years. The last place to give me such bad food poisoning was a street meat vendor in Beijing. :(

I had a bad run of the voms last year from illness, but that's already too much of an overshare.

Cheers!

Welcome! There is no shame in a pile of shame. Just means you have plenty to play!

All of Halfbricks games are free on iOS atm

Thanks for the headsup rep!

Gazunta

Holy shit, you should do more Simpsons related comics, looks awesome!

Also, I got your book last week =D

I'd definitely be up to doing more. Up on the site is a poll to choose which game I do next, and "Bart's Nightmare" is up there if you'd like to see more Simpsons comics :)
Like I need justification to watch more Simpsons for reference

And I'm glad you got the book! Hope you like it! Thanks for your support :)

Why wouldn't you buy one?
Nintendoland, Lego City Undercover, Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD, NSMB U + Luigi, Super Mario 3D World, DKCR:TF, Mario Kart 8, Zombie U, with Smash Bros, Bayonetta, Captain Toad, the system has way more really good-to-excellent exclusives than PS4 and XBox One combined.

More Gaffers need to play Lego City Loading Undercover.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Why wouldn't you buy one?
Nintendoland, Lego City Undercover, Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD, NSMB U + Luigi, Super Mario 3D World, DKCR:TF, Mario Kart 8, Zombie U, with Smash Bros, Bayonetta, Captain Toad, the system has way more really good-to-excellent exclusives than PS4 and XBox One combined.

You forgot Pikmin 3!

Deeku

Mannn these wii u deals:/

I could get my parents to get one and bring it over when they're visiting next month...I could

hmm

If it wasn't $70 all the fucking time it would indeed be played by more people!

Also I don't like platformers. So that knocks out most of the Ninty games. Or Bayonetta. Or most of the regularly rotated Ninty titles like Smash/Kart/Party/Land.

I do like the idea of playing WW HD soon! Got it downloaded, just need to find the time.

skylanders ebay price gonna go downtown

The starter packs are already $30-40 brand new in stores. The exclusive figure used to go for $50+ but has been around $30 since that last big bundle.

You forgot Pikmin 3!

Did I?

Mannn these wii u deals:/

I could get my parents to get one and bring it over when they're visiting next month...I could
hmm

Are you in a PAL region? If not, go local. I hate missing out on US deals because I bought mu AU wii U with me to the States.

If it wasn't $70 all the fucking time it would indeed be played by more people!

I do like the idea of playing WW HD soon! Got it downloaded, just need to find the time.
The starter packs are already $30-40 brand new in stores. The exclusive figure used to go for $50+ but has been around $30 since that last big bundle.
WW HD was great.
also $53. For me, its the best game on the system after Mario 3D world and WWHD.
http://www.ozgameshop.com/wii-u-games/lego-city-undercover-game-wii-u

It's Lego Crackdown

Yeah if you don't have a Wii U might as well get one for that price and grab MK8 from Big W for $58

<$240 gets you the console and a couple good games

No idea why but I bought an xbone controller from that dick smith deal. Not sure how I feel about it yet but so far I'm noticing its unnecessarily clicky. My right bumper especially. I thought it was something about this new controller but I checked my 360 one and the bumpers are clicky as hell too. I was planning to finally finish MK9's story mode but the drivers don't seem to work on it for some reason

senahorse

Not free on WP8 store :(. On another note loved your Jetpack talk at QUT a few months back Rlan, but you shouldn't swear in front of little kids :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom