• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklord

Banned
Everyone wants one, don't fight it.

Also, kinect-less Xboner for $365.

Shut up shut up! I'm going overseas in 2 weeks! I can't be spending all this money!

.....Can you use the code twice? Actually, I'd buy a WiiU Mario Kart bundle in a second but they're so overpriced on Ebay.

No, not unless you use it from another account (code is matched to your paypal ID).

You should have added both to cart and paid together, code stacks for multiple purchases.

What are you going to do with an Xbone anyway, play all games in 720-900p? :p

Darklord

Banned
No, not unless you use it from another account (code is matched to your paypal ID).

You should have added both to cart and paid together, code stacks for multiple purchases.

What are you going to do with an Xbone anyway, play all games in 720-900p? :p

I think Xbone have better games. The Halo Collection, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2. Even if they do run weaker. I haven't bought the PS4 yet but I mainly want it for Destiny, I tried combined them but it only goes up to $100 off. I want/need a new PC when I return from overseas too. God, so expensive. I just want a WiiU for now dammit. I actually saw Big W have them for $50 off but they're sold out.

I'm just going to buy everything aren't I? :(

Darklord

Banned
If you haven't tried it already I'd recommend hiring one for a month first. A lot of people use it for a few weeks then it ends up sitting there forever. Treadmills are painfully boring and require a lot of motivation to keep doing it often.

I know I'll use it that's why I'm getting it. Not too fond of running outside on the roads or going to a gym for cardio. My aim is to multitask running with watching tv shows and movies.

waM9Veo.jpg

Oh man. I don't even want a PS4 but I know I will eventually. I can either wait and probably spend $600 on a destiny bundle to buy this and just have it sit there for a while. But it's so cheap!

Just got XBO w/ Kinect for 424.25

SbKeviW.gif

I am most impressed with the concept of the drive-thru pie (and indeed drive-thru offie), and indeed the pies themselves. Actual MEAT rather than 2 inches of pastry and a couple of scraps of off cuts.

What's better for netflix - full VPN or IP mask?

You need to try yatala pies. Also welcome.

Manax

Any good wii u deals that don't involve me fighting people next Thursday morning (actually I have work so it will be after 5 when everything is sold out)

Anything going with this eBay thing? Basic console is fine.

Can't really justify a X1 yet and can't find any PS4 games at a decent price so went with Borderlands 2 Vita for $25.50 and a copy of F1 2012 on PS3 for my Dad at $19 :)

Why, don't you already have a xbox 360?

Yeah but my mate who I will be playing it with will be getting it on X1!

Tommy DJ

Any good wii u deals that don't involve me fighting people next Thursday morning (actually I have work so it will be after 5 when everything is sold out)

Anything going with this eBay thing? Basic console is fine.

Yes. I don't want to kill someone or beg Big W/Kmart to give me a sub-$200 Wii U before the release date. If there's a deal out there, I'd love to know.

Manax

Tried a few Big W stores, no go on the wii u before the sale, Guess it was just the first day of the online sale that some people managed to con the staff and now they've been strictly told not to sell them

anyway bought some bundles have a spare key for hard reset (hidden in the email field) enjoy whoever takes it.

code

Any AusGAF members know much about speakers/cables etc? I just bought the pioneer fs52pack and now I'll need some speaker wire. What guage wire do I need and where from? I know nothing about this stuff.

Deeku

So out of nowhere, I decided that I needed to play some Animal Crossing. A calling of some sort. So I go into my town and it's kinda messed up...not messed up as in it's weed city, but messed up in that some villagers moved out/moved in so all my paths, tree/bush placements don't make any sense! Then I go into my house which is all stupid because I think the last thing I was trying to do was reorganise shit to make a cafe setting or something....basically everything sucked!

Anyway, I didn't want to just delete my town and start over, so I go download a US version of the game...like, I figure since I played the japanese version for over 300hrs, re-playing in English would be refreshing....AND IT ACTUALLY IS!!!! Money well spent!

I've got serious issues.

Anyone know where to grab a AU/EU PS+ 12 month code on the cheap? I guess I could wait a while, it's not urgent.

Dick Smith could be worth a shot, 10% off.

Also make sure to note that EU codes WONT work with an AU account.

Which fecking sucks dogs balls. THE DOGS BALLS I SAYS.

EDIT AGAIN: ALSO STUFF YOU MUTEY. Pixeljunk Shooter is the bees knees bro! Also Trine 2 looks pretty great.

EVERYONE SHOULD BE PLAYING SURGE AND DRAGONS CROWN ON VITA THO

ALTHOUGH IM PLAYING STARDUST AND SOUNDS SHOPES. SO HEY. EVERYTHINGS AWESOME.

I'm a total Sony shill ain't I >_<

Darklord

Banned
Well, now I own a PS4. Bloody dicksmith sold out as I was going into the checkout! I added it to my cart, put in the code, and it sold. So I had to get one for a bit more but that's still $100 cheaper than retail so I can't be too upset.

Gazunta

Hi AusGaf!

Arrived in Aus with wife (an OzBrit) & kids about 6 weeks ago in Brisbane (Kedron), just in time to experience the Maroons lose Origin for the first time in ever. It's all very scary & a little overwhelming but I'm starting to settle. Now I just need to find a job!

Is there a BrisGaf contingent?

Will there be a few AusGaf Driveclubs?

My new PSN ID is Kyser_in_Oz, not that I have a console to play ATM as it's on the boat and still about 6 weeks away from arrival :(

I like stuff, and don't like Abbott or Campbell Newman. I'm going to miss local versions of Netflix, Amazon and 6-day a week 10pm closing times for supermarkets.

So anyway, hi.

BrisGAF is the best part of AusGAF. Welcome!

Hi AusGaf!

Arrived in Aus with wife (an OzBrit) & kids about 6 weeks ago in Brisbane (Kedron), just in time to experience the Maroons lose Origin for the first time in ever. It's all very scary & a little overwhelming but I'm starting to settle. Now I just need to find a job!

My new PSN ID is Kyser_in_Oz, not that I have a console to play ATM as it's on the boat and still about 6 weeks away from arrival :(

I like stuff, and don't like Abbott or Campbell Newman. I'm going to miss local versions of Netflix, Amazon and 6-day a week 10pm closing times for supermarkets.

So anyway, hi.

Welcome friend. Kedron is super close to where I live!

There are a few BrisGAF people here. One of these days there will be another meet up.

kyser73

BrisGAF is the best part of AusGAF. Welcome!

Welcome friend. Kedron is super close to where I live!

There are a few BrisGAF people here. One of these days there will be another meet up.

:) Thanks for the welcome! Definitely up for the next Bris meet.

Am I being an idiot, or is TLOU;R not up on the Aus section of the store yet? I can't login to PSN, and the SEN store au-eng doesn't have it listed in the 'coming soon' section...

Stackboy

Hi AusGaf!

So anyway, hi.

Brisgaf represent!! Just tried adding you on PSN but it didn't work for some reason. My PSN ID is stackboyroyale if you want to add me. Keen for Driveclub!

Gazunta

AusGAF, what's your favourite Australian-made game?

Mine is Samurai Warrior: The Battles of Usagi Yojimbo by Melbourne House.

320px-C64SamuraiWarriorTitleScreen.png

It's based on one of my favourite comics and sticks to the 'rules' of the comic very well, with honour and doing the right thing being more important than just chopping up baddies. (Though there is a lot of that)

26286.png

For example you don't have to bow your head to people of lower social status, but if you do you get more Karma.

usagi1.jpg

Hurting an innocent makes you commit suicide.

tune-469300-2.png

The action is great too, with a combat system that rewards timing and is tricky to master.

usagi-6.png

It's the quiet moments, however, that really make this game come alive for me. You can stop in at a humble eatery and dine on a bowl of rice.

usagi-9.png

Passerby offer life advice that has nothing to do with the game.

usagi_yojimbo_04.gif

(One such line drove me nuts for years)

It also has some fantastic graphics for the C64, with large, cartoony sprites on top of moody backdrops.

usagi_yojimbo_09.gif
usagi-10.png
usagi-14.png

usagi-yojimbo-banner.png

I wish more comic-to-game conversions treated the source material with such respect.

So what was your favourite Australian-made game?

Mine is Viva Pinata Party Animals! Awesome game, I bet the developers are awesome people too!
Shadowrun SNES for me. Another Melbourne House gem!

New Vita with a game (or 16GB mem stick apparently?) for $259 at JB

yeah i used a 15 month ps+ eu thingy last year
Really? I tried using a UK one and it didn't work :(

Where do you get the EU ones from?

Am I being an idiot, or is TLOU;R not up on the Aus section of the store yet? I can't login to PSN, and the SEN store au-eng doesn't have it listed in the 'coming soon' section...

Not up yet. We tend to get stuff really close to release on PSN and usually miss out on pre-orders digitally.

Oh man, KKND2. I borrowed it from my friend's older brother when I was like 10, and I lost it. Found it like two years later down behind my wardrobe. No clue how it got there :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom