• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazunta

LEGO Marvel is pretty much the only video game I've really played in the last six months.
Only because Assault Android Cactus doesn't work on the Surface Pro 2 :(

I've play a bit of Lego Movie The Game today. Eh. Either Lego City was that good, or I just have a once every 5 years tolerance for Lego games.

Why do some people pronounce it as "Lay-go?"

Mar

AusGAF, what's your favourite Australian-made game?

Mine is Samurai Warrior: The Battles of Usagi Yojimbo by Melbourne House.

So what was your favourite Australian-made game?

I actually haven't played that. Will give it a bash next time I'm in the game room after your recommendation.

I think my favourite Australian developed game is Demon Stalkers on the C64. It's a Gauntlet clone but so much better than Gauntlet.

1103896666-00.jpg

I always found it hilarious that on the inside cover, one of the guys is holding a can of VB.

1164296843-00.jpg

Shaneus

I actually haven't played that. Will give it a bash next time I'm in the game room after your recommendation.

I think my favourite Australian developed game is Demon Stalkers on the C64. It's a Gauntlet clone but so much better than Gauntlet.

1103896666-00.jpg

I always found it hilarious that on the inside cover, one of the guys is holding a can of VB.

1164296843-00.jpg
Gauntlet clone? Sign me up.

r1chard

Just a reminder that it's SLAK LAN this Saturday.

It's in Moorolbark, which is ridiculously close to all you MitchamGAF regulars and it'd be a shame to miss the opportunity to LAN with you :)

TF2, DOD, CS, L4D2 and apparently DOTA as well and whatever else we can convince to run in LAN mode :)

Shaneus

I was thinking more like Jet Set Radio meets Dead Rising going by the gameplay so far. Awkwardly in between those two games.
Hm, possibly that, too. The way it was described though, it was spruiked more like I imagine The Club was back in the day. "Tired of FPS cover shooters? Boy, do we have the game for you".

Jintor

I'm still not seeing what everyone else is in that game, but at least they improved the sense of speed.

I lost a substantial chunk of interest when the guy backflipped off a railing and then... held down the fire button over a giant monster for thirty seconds. I mean, all that movement stuff and you still thought being a slow-moving dude with a gun was a good idea? Oh well, maybe it plays better and that is just an option or something, so whatever. I probably won't find out for a few years.

Shaneus

Yeah, doesn't interest me in the slightest. The aesthetic seems a little confused and not all that cohesive. It's like they're trying to go for something akin to Lollipop Chainsaw in vibe, but without any of the clever satire that comes with it.

Rahk

If anyone is looking to get a headset for console or PC, the HyperX Cloud is half price on Amazon at the moment. Never used them, but they seem to be well reviewed. The mic is detachable as well.

Dryk

I can't tell if Red Alert 3 is growing on me or if the disappointment is just wearing off. I played C&C3 for the first time a few months ago and that was way better. EA decline I guess.

I can't tell if Red Alert 3 is growing on me or if the disappointment is just wearing off. I played C&C3 for the first time a few months ago and that was way better. EA decline I guess.

RA3 wasn't great but it had some really fun moments. The base game is okay but yeah, nowhere near as enthralling as the classics.

Now go play C&C4 lol

Tiberian Sun is still my fav. Loved the hell out of that game. Graphics blew my child like mind at the time :)

devonodev

I've play a bit of Lego Movie The Game today. Eh. Either Lego City was that good, or I just have a once every 5 years tolerance for Lego games.

Why do some people pronounce it as "Lay-go?"
I haven't played Lego Marvel, but I've played a fair few including Movie Game, and Lego City is by far the best Lego game I've played. It's a shame it didn't sell too well due to Wii U exclusivity. The movie game is 'okay', nothing special, but still fun.

Also hi AusGaf. I usually unconsciously stay out of community section but here I am.

Lego City is cool, but the loading times are rather painful.

When you play, the length of the loading screens sucks, but you remember how awesome the game was forever. Also, it loads in new sections rather than every time you die so it's not as bad as it would be on some games.The worst bits are the times when you get two loading screens close to each other. If you like a genuinely funny game, LCU is great. Watch the intro cutscene and if it doesn't make you smile, you're
Bruce Willis
in the Sixth Sense.

legocity.gif

Rizzi

When you play, the length of the loading screens sucks, but you remember how awesome the game was forever. Also, it loads in new sections rather than every time you die so it's not as bad as it would be on some games.The worst bits are the times when you get two loading screens close to each other. If you like a genuinely funny game, LCU is great. Watch the intro cutscene and if it doesn't make you smile, you're
Bruce Willis
in the Sixth Sense.

legocity.gif

Oh, not saying it isn't an awesome game. It is. And funny too.

I bought a pro controller yesterday. This thing is so comfortable to hold.

Stackboy

So, watching Good Game (I know) and watching clips of Sunset Overdrive.

It's basically The Club, right?

I actually don't mind Good Game and also
I'm looking forward to Sunset Overdrive. Looks nuts!!

Also hi AusGaf. I usually unconsciously stay out of community section but here I am.

Hi!! Lets talk about games and also not games.

It was a terrible idea to watch the midnight premiere of Transformers Age of Extinction. I wish Michael bay would go extinct.

I'm seeing it Friday night. If I see robots fighting each other and optimus prime riding grimlok with a giant sword, then I am a happy man. Plus we are getting burritos and beer afterwards too, so that's a great date night.

Also guys I'm getting married in 3 months, advice? And I also got terrified this morning about now owning a house yet. LIFE HUH. It's just a stupid house. I just wanna play video games.

Gazunta

My one advice with buying a house is to ask every single person you know to tell you about amazing job opportunities they have for you in other cities BEFORE you sign the mortgage, not THE DAY AFTER.

I'm still bitter about this 7 years later

I could have been a hip Melbourne person instead of stuck up in this fucking Godforsaken city forever fuck

Quasar

C'mon guys, you really think Michael Bay can make a good Transformers movie? It should be three times bitten at this stage.

He can't make a good movie. Thats pretty much my stance. Of course I felt that before he got his hands on transformers.

Also guys I'm getting married in 3 months, advice? And I also got terrified this morning about now owning a house yet. LIFE HUH. It's just a stupid house. I just wanna play video games.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nNl-lD10BZw

My one advice with buying a house is to ask every single person you know to tell you about amazing job opportunities they have for you in other cities BEFORE you sign the mortgage, not THE DAY AFTER.

I'm still bitter about this 7 years later

I could have been a hip Melbourne person instead of stuck up in this fucking Godforsaken city forever fuck

Why don't you just fuck off, Brisbane doesn't want you either.

seriously though why didn't/don't you just sell your house and move?

Fredescu

Also guys I'm getting married in 3 months, advice?

Frequently check that your tie is done up properly or you will look funny in photos and your wife will laugh at you for the rest of your life. She will laugh at you for the rest of your life anyway, so this might seem fruitless. I lack the perspective of someone whose tie was done up properly during the wedding to give you a full picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom