• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritz

Banned
For anyone interested, Krtiz, Marsh and I will hopefully be playing some co-op in the new Free2Play title, theHunter.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/253710/

We'll probably hop in to Mumble and then kick off from there. 8 player co-op means you should get a spot if interested.

It's only a 1.8GB download, so get downloading to be ready for tonight.

except we didn't notice that you need to pay a monthly subscription to play the game multiplayer~

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Cheers for the advice. But...

Tax free under $1000. Baggage depends on airlines.

Also, PS4 shipped from DSE ebay is $423 with coupon code CBIGTREAT.

Add to cart, apply coupon on checkout and pay via Paypal.

Max discount is $200, so you can even add an extra controller or a game and checkout everything together for max savings.

ORDER IT ASAP before the code expires.

I just did this. And so it is.

Card Boy

Banned
Season 3 of The Big Lez Show starts next monday.

10441142_510806195685853_1589174035204517597_n.png

watchatalkingabout?

Picked up MK8 yesterday. EB price matched Target without even looking at their price... they just asked me what Target were selling it for. I should have told them $40.

As someone who isn't traditionally a fan of the series I'm really enjoying it! Far better than the weak effort that was MK Wii, and I much prefer the handling to Double Dash. Even my girlfriend likes it, which I shit you not marks the first Nintendo game she is geniunely into.

Now the only question is which free game do I choose? Hmmm Pikmin or WWHD...

Picked up MK8 yesterday. EB price matched Target without even looking at their price... they just asked me what Target were selling it for. I should have told them $40.

As someone who isn't traditionally a fan of the series I'm really enjoying it! Far better than the weak effort that was MK Wii, and I much prefer the handling to Double Dash. Even my girlfriend likes it, which I shit you not marks the first Nintendo game she is geniunely into.

Now the only question is which free game do I choose? Hmmm Pikmin or WWHD...

Pikmin 3 is more Pikmin if you're into that kind of thing.

I like Mario Kart 8. It's very Mario Kart. You still get fucked by the blue shell and get nothing but coins in first place. Battle Mode is still shit. The more things change the more they stay the same. Looks good. Only seen like, 2 angry Luigi stares, super disappointed by the hype behind that.
7/10 - it's like Halo, if you buy a WiiU and don't own Mario Kart, what's the fucking point you moron.

Stackboy

As someone who is a complete casual when it comes to racing sims, is Gran Turismo 6 worth picking up? I loved Forza 4 but Forza 5 isn't really doing it for me, if that helps. Can't wait for Forza Horizon 2 later in the year. Love arcade racers, but I'll give sims the time of day if the career mode is rewarding enough.

Shaneus

As someone who is a complete casual when it comes to racing sims, is Gran Turismo 6 worth picking up? I loved Forza 4 but Forza 5 isn't really doing it for me, if that helps. Can't wait for Forza Horizon 2 later in the year. Love arcade racers, but I'll give sims the time of day if the career mode is rewarding enough.
Driveclub.

Quasar

Looks like their plan worked!

Huge fan backlash huh? I'd think if there was a huge amount of fans it wouldn't continually get cancelled.

I'm kind of surprised Xbox didn't try to pick it up.

Cant say I care, but then I got bored and stopped watching after the first couple of seasons.

I really enjoyed the 4ish hours I played of it over the weekend, especially with a wheel.

It's still very much GT though! Pretty sure it was like $22 posted from BeatTheBomb over the weekend during their sale, so cheap to checkout at least!

But yeah, Driveclub will be awesome. Just the top tier cars, insane visuals and breakneck speed. All I really want, perfect for me.

Danoss

Huge fan backlash huh? I'd think if there was a huge amount of fans it wouldn't continually get cancelled.

I'm kind of surprised Xbox didn't try to pick it up.

Cant say I care, but then I got bored and stopped watching after the first couple of seasons.

Might be easier to read it as fan (singular) backlash—this particular fan is huge. Thankfully, it's a brief backlash due to his poor exercise regime.

I don't think I even cracked a smile during season 3 and stopped watching because of this. I gave the recent D&D episode a go and it was abysmal. It doesn't bother me either way. There are shows far more deserving of being saved, but none of them would be as cheap to produce.

Pikmin 3 is more Pikmin if you're into that kind of thing.

I like Mario Kart 8. It's very Mario Kart. You still get fucked by the blue shell and get nothing but coins in first place. Battle Mode is still shit. The more things change the more they stay the same. Looks good. Only seen like, 2 angry Luigi stares, super disappointed by the hype behind that.
7/10 - it's like Halo, if you buy a WiiU and don't own Mario Kart, what's the fucking point you moron.

Here's the thing... I've never played a Pikmin game OR Wind Waker. Or should I just say fuck it and get W101 despite not really enjoying the demo?

Mario Kart has already managed to frustrate me with items, but it looks good (could do something about the aliasing) and more importantly it feels good. I'm quite surprised how much I enjoy it

Haven't played Wind Waker? I'd probably recommend WWHD then!

I guess you don't subscribe to the theory that racing games under 60fps are fundamentally broken.

The current HURR HURR 30FPS IS FUCKIN SHITE is grinding my gears, Evolution have been making 30fps racers for the last decade. Seems incredibly odd people are jumping all over Driveclub for taking the same tact as their previous games of smooth 30fps with top tier visuals and effects.

Not taking a shot at you, just more irritated that as soon as a racing game isn't 60fps this year a whole bunch of people pipe up and say the game is 100% broken/shit/worthless.

It makes no fucking sense. It's subjective!

The whole 1080p thing on consoles gets irritating too. If it really does make a difference in-game then I am all for making statements on the decision but until the game in question is out and people are playing it, I find it hard to define how big an issue it is.

Stackboy

Can we just stop worrying about if games are 60fps or 1080p and enjoy games because they are fun?

Remember when fun was fun guys?

senahorse

I can't stand 30fps for driving games, I find it incredibly jarring. I subscribe to the belief that fps should never be sacrificed for more eye candy. I wish it didn't bother me but it really does.

Fredescu

Internet arguments are fun too! And they're best when your position is as absolute as possible, otherwise you don't get as many responses. Complex positions are difficult to respond to.

Also, I've enjoyed 30FPS racing games in the past, and I can do it again, but the framerate has a noteable impact.

Omikron

Can we just stop worrying about if games are 60fps or 1080p and enjoy games because they are fun?

How do you quantify 'fun'? Surely there are both better descriptors and mechanisms and I honestly think that FPS/resolution feed into ones enjoyment of a game.

Quasar

Haven't played Wind Waker? I'd probably recommend WWHD then!

The current HURR HURR 30FPS IS FUCKIN SHITE is grinding my gears, Evolution have been making 30fps racers for the last decade. Seems incredibly odd people are jumping all over Driveclub for taking the same tact as their previous games of smooth 30fps with top tier visuals and effects.

Well thats part of all the standard bearers for next gen cross they have to bare. I'll admit I was sad, but it wasn't going to stop me trying it out.

Of course I'll also admit I would have preferred a new PS4 Motorstorm over Driveclub. It seems like Driveclub is in a weird middleground of 'sims' v 'arcade racers' that will have it struggle even without the baggage its carrying.

The whole 1080p thing on consoles gets irritating too. If it really does make a difference in-game then I am all for making statements on the decision but until the game in question is out and people are playing it, I find it hard to define how big an issue it is.

Well I can understand all the griping. We've had a ten year gap between generations and PC has moved quite a bit beyond 1080p60, so I think there was quite a bit of expectation that we'd get 1080p60 as standard on a new generation of hardware.

And really I'd probably be fine with them winding back the graphical complexity back on games if it got me 1080p60 all the time.

But I'm not raging about the fact that we're not getting that. In a lot of cases I can just buy a PC version if the console doesn't measure up.

lexi

Banned
After using a 120hz monitor for a few years now, even 60fps doesn't feel very nice. I tolerate 30fps like I tolerate my conservative LNP voting father.

senahorse

I am glad I can tolerate 60fps at least, and not need 120fps, my wallet already hates me enough as it is :p. However that's all about to change with the Rift (DK2 wanting locked 75fps for best results and consumer rumored to be in the 90's at 1440P) :(

Quasar

After using a 120hz monitor for a few years now, even 60fps doesn't feel very nice. I tolerate 30fps like I tolerate my conservative LNP voting father.

I play most games where it would matter on a TV anyway (either PC output to a TV or console) so I don't have a lot of choice. Or at least I don't think I can buy a true 120Hz TV.

Its mostly just non-action games that I play on monitors and I don't think a 120Hz monitor for say Civ or Hearthstone would benefit me much.

It does remind me though that in the CRT days that there anything below 85Hz and I'd get flicker headaches. And that was just normal computer usage. Somehow that isn't the case with flat panels where 60Hz is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom