• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritz

Banned
I would seriously pay $10 right now to go up 10 levels in Payday 2. I seriously would do it. It would save me what, 5 hours? I just want some decent weapons/armor to make the heists more fun! I like fun!

Ridonk managed to use a trainer to go to the max cap with no issues. Everything unlocked, with no downsides.

I would seriously pay $10 right now to go up 10 levels in Payday 2. I seriously would do it. It would save me what, 5 hours? I just want some decent weapons/armor to make the heists more fun! I like fun!
The gadgets and skills give you more options, but you can still be useful at lower levels anyway (we did pretty well last night!)! The first 10-15 levels gives you the time to get used to the game, and then after that you can think more tactically about the skills. At least you can respec them.

Also, maybe you'll like this: http://pd2skills.info

Ridonk managed to use a trainer to go to the max cap with no issues. Everything unlocked, with no downsides.
Yeah, I think you can edit your character's file with an editor as well. Not sure if it has any ill effects, probably not.

I've played a couple of hours, and I think it's pretty damn fun even with your starting gear! Are you playing on PC? Should add me on STEAM, I'm up for a few games.

Steam In-Home Streaming is legit. Was playing SpeedRunners with my 2 lil bros who were sitting at my PC while I streamed it to my laptop. It's wizardry. I didn't realise before that it enabled you to do such a thing, play a multiplayer game together at the same time.

There was a bit of lag occasionally and the second time we did it the audio turned off on the PC when I started playing it on my laptop for some reason but overall it's magical.

oooh
I love how old Aussie shows I wouldn't be able to see otherwise are popping up on youtube.
I've been watching SBS's Front Up for the first time ever and loving it. Wish there was more of it up there.

Also found Frontline on the youtubes (unofficial channel) and besides watching a tiny bit at high school once (I think it was one of those moments near the end of term where the teacher just put it on cause they felt like it) I hadn't seen it either.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
For anyone that's traveled in Europe if I take a plane from Berlin to Rome will I need to arrive 3 hours early and do through customs and everything? I need to take a train from Hamburg to Berlin then fly to Rome. It's only a 2 hour flight but it is between countries so I don't know...

If you still need an answer I'll ask my partner when he wakes up (Lives in Hamburg so he'd know)

Also when are you going?

Darren870

For anyone that's traveled in Europe if I take a plane from Berlin to Rome will I need to arrive 3 hours early and do through customs and everything? I need to take a train from Hamburg to Berlin then fly to Rome. It's only a 2 hour flight but it is between countries so I don't know...

No, I've done it a few times. You only need 2 hours (tops). Europe is much more efficient then most the world. I was running late once and go their 5 mins before boarding when going from London to France. Did it once with London to Munich too, though that was 20 mins before boarding. Never had any issues.

Who are you flying with?

Just make sure your boarding passes are printed and you are checked in ahead of time to make things smoother.

Gazunta

Steam In-Home Streaming is legit. Was playing SpeedRunners with my 2 lil bros who were sitting at my PC while I streamed it to my laptop. It's wizardry. I didn't realise before that it enabled you to do such a thing, play a multiplayer game together at the same time.

There was a bit of lag occasionally and the second time we did it the audio turned off on the PC when I started playing it on my laptop for some reason but overall it's magical.

oooh
I love how old Aussie shows I wouldn't be able to see otherwise are popping up on youtube.
I've been watching SBS's Front Up for the first time ever and loving it. Wish there was more of it up there.

Also found Frontline on the youtubes (unofficial channel) and besides watching a tiny bit at high school once (I think it was one of those moments near the end of term where the teacher just put it on cause they felt like it) I hadn't seen it either.
Wait wait wait, you can have multiplayer sessions of a game using the same account, on multiple computers, using in-home streaming?

Also, thanks so much for reminding me about Front Up! Absolutely loved that show.

Bishop89

Anyone know where I can get norton 360 1 device/user the cheapest from any of the major outlets, jb, harvey norman etc... Almost time to renew (and I dont deal with online purchases usually)

Gazunta

The feeling of staring at a Kickstarter edit page for so long you no longer have any idea if any of it's a good idea and will anyone back it and oh God are we asking too much or not enough and have I figured out postage right and Jesus I need to remake some .gifs and will everyone laugh at us if it fails and why aren't I a Felicia Day-esque Internet megastar who never has to worry about anything going wrong because they have such a dedicated fanbase and can someone make it a month from now already so we know if it worked or where it all went wrong oh God it's all blurry

legend166

We studied Frontline in English. It was the best.

The feeling of staring at a Kickstarter edit page for so long you no longer have any idea if any of it's a good idea and will anyone back it and oh God are we asking too much or not enough and have I figured out postage right and Jesus I need to remake some .gifs and will everyone laugh at us if it fails and why aren't I a Felicia Day-esque Internet megastar who never has to worry about anything going wrong because they have such a dedicated fanbase and can someone make it a month from now already so we know if it worked or where it all went wrong oh God it's all blurry

How much are you asking for this time? Similar amount? More? A lot more? Is it a game review game app?

Just do it? Sorry about the up talk making that advice seem less emphatic than I'd hoped.

What's vulgar Nike's motto?
Just fucking do it.

Put a pair of tow bar testicles on the back of the Barina and click 'beg.'

We studied Frontline in English. It was the best.

hah that would be great!

The things we studied were a bit less exciting

W;t (a play and a telemovie which starred Emma Thompson)
John Donne
Yolngu Boy
One Night The Moon

We also studied Blade Runner and Gattaca at one stage though so it evened out.

Wait wait wait, you can have multiplayer sessions of a game using the same account, on multiple computers, using in-home streaming?

Also, thanks so much for reminding me about Front Up! Absolutely loved that show.

Yeah I think so! That was my experience with this one particular game at the least.

It's great! I think of it as kind of an expanded version of Humans of New York (even though Front Up obviously came first) where instead of just a photograph and a quote it's a filmed interview. But both are examples of ordinary people given a platform to say anything. I found out that a couple years ago they were running a Pozible campaign to try and bring Front Up back but it didn't eventuate. :/

Gazunta

CLIVE MY BARINA DOESN'T HAVE A TOW BAR I'M SCREWED

This is for a game that I'm helping out with so the target is a loooooooot higher than it was for a silly little comic book. Ah well, we'll see soon if it works out, because we're hitting the go button oh so very soon. Either way I'll be drinking a lot when it's done.

Should get around to making Game Review System actually usable for people instead of it being a novelty website, but it's at the bottom of the pile and it's getting to be a big pile at the moment. HAH HAH BIG PILES DESCRIBES IT WELL.

And Rooster that sounds awesome! Thanks!

Oh I forgot to mention, I got my Citibank Plus Visa Card in the mail today after applying online only last week I think. Thanks to bodyboarder and whomever else talked about it recently. It will come in very handy while I'm studying in Korea for a few months.

It's good :) remember they authenticate logging online in with an SMS so if you aren't using your number overseas make sure to grab the mobile app and authorise that.

Gazunta

HEY PEOPLE OF AUSGAF WHO LIKE COMICS:

6948361_orig.png

There is a new Australian-made comic available at your nearby newsagent! When was the last time you saw a comic on the shelves that was made entirely in Australia? Ages, that's how long!

It is called Oi Oi Oi and you should buy it to support local comics. Just walk into your local newsagent and buy a copy!

(I have nothing to do with this, I just think there should be more Australian-made comics available in newsagents. And NO, Phantom and locally-printed reprints of Simpsons does not count as "Australian-made comics")

Darklord

Banned
If you still need an answer I'll ask my partner when he wakes up (Lives in Hamburg so he'd know)

Also when are you going?

Thanks! I'm traveling around July 27th but I'm leaving for Europe tomorrow.

No, I've done it a few times. You only need 2 hours (tops). Europe is much more efficient then most the world. I was running late once and go their 5 mins before boarding when going from London to France. Did it once with London to Munich too, though that was 20 mins before boarding. Never had any issues.

Who are you flying with?

Just make sure your boarding passes are printed and you are checked in ahead of time to make things smoother.

I was going to fly with Germanwings. It's a budget airline owned by Lufthansa so I guess like jetstar? I haven't booked yet cause I need to figure out when I need to arrive in Berlin. I might take the 5pm flight so I have good time.

Hey ausgaf!

I recently moved from Melbourne to Sydney for work (navy). Currently living near parramatt, anyway what are some experiences my wife and I should get into? Already had a blue mountains walk firmly in mind.
As someone who grew up in North Parramatta you have my condolences :p

Yeah the Blue Mountains are a no brainer. In Winter the Southern Highlands can be nice to visit too, very chilly but there are some very nice places to visit. Maybe have a look at the Mount Gibralter lookout at Bowral (there's a better hidden lookout slightly West of the main one, just off the same main road), look at the Bradman Museum maybe if you're a cricket fan, check out the shops in Bowral, visit Fitzroy Falls, visit the various wineries, etc.

Go for a drive along the Sea Cliff Bridge, maybe visit Kiama or somewhere like that along the coast.

Some things like the Ferry to Manly, Bondi to Coogee coastal walk, etc. are better in Summer.

Maybe see a movie at the IMAX Darling Harbour (world's biggest screen). It's way too frigging big but it's cool in an over-the-top way.

I take it you've already done the city things like Centrepoint tower, the Rocks, Opera House, walked across the Bridge, yum cha in Haymarket, etc?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

Eh, you should be fine - Inter-EU flights shouldn't give you much problems in that regard.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it

I was going to fly with Germanwings. It's a budget airline owned by Lufthansa so I guess like jetstar? I haven't booked yet cause I need to figure out when I need to arrive in Berlin. I might take the 5pm flight so I have good time.

Aww. I'll be there a month later :/ sad I cant say hi
Have let him know. He'll reply

Edit: Lol too quick for me. Dangit Buf

Darren870

Yea, I've taken it. No more then two hours and just print your boarding pass. You could probably do it all in an hour before. Depends on the stress you want!

I might have a discount or two if you want me to check.

Darklord

Banned
Eh, you should be fine - Inter-EU flights shouldn't give you much problems in that regard.

Aww. I'll be there a month later :/ sad I cant say hi
Have let him know. He'll reply

Edit: Lol too quick for me. Dangit Buf

Yea, I've taken it. No more then two hours and just print your boarding pass. You could probably do it all in an hour before. Depends on the stress you want!

I might have a discount or two if you want me to check.

Thanks all for the help. I'll be sure to arrive 2 hours before then. And Darren if you have any discounts you won't use yourself you think I can use then feel free to send them my way anytime!

Every time someone talks about travel I feel like the biggest outsider ever haha.
I've never left NSW in my life.

I have a few friends like that, such losers. Though seriously it's good to do, I'd definitely recommend it. You can get flights dirt cheap nowadays.

Stackboy

CLIVE MY BARINA DOESN'T HAVE A TOW BAR I'M SCREWED

This is for a game that I'm helping out with so the target is a loooooooot higher than it was for a silly little comic book. Ah well, we'll see soon if it works out, because we're hitting the go button oh so very soon. Either way I'll be drinking a lot when it's done.

Should get around to making Game Review System actually usable for people instead of it being a novelty website, but it's at the bottom of the pile and it's getting to be a big pile at the moment. HAH HAH BIG PILES DESCRIBES IT WELL.

And Rooster that sounds awesome! Thanks!

Let us know when the kickstarter goes live Gaz.

Let us know when the kickstarter goes live Gaz.

apparently, these take a week to ship.

nutz-350a.jpg

TBH Gaznuts, I do not know why you aren't working on that game review thing, it's by far the most brilliant thing you've ever done.

Sure beats sticking on a different coloured jacket and calling it cosplay.

Gazunta

Thanks Stack, will do. OH BOY WILL I EVER.

And thanks Clive, I like the Game Review thing too, and I can't wait to return to it. I just know it'll mean recoding it from scratch most likely, and iiiiick that's gonna suck.

I really should have looked into other frameworks first before settling on coding it in TWINE because there's man it really needs a way to export out reviews. :/

Edit: Ohhhhh actually I think I figured out a way to do this, but I'm still not able to store random variables...which isn't a HUGE deal but will mean I need to change how "random" numbers are made and then I can restructure things before working out how to export out the text to Facebook or Twitter or whatever and AGH GAZUNTA WORRY ABOUT THIS IN AUGUST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom