• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
because I just moved to the US and bought my Australian OG 3DS and Wii U with me. I don't see me getting a US Wii U but there's enough on the 3DS and much cheaper than Australia for me to double dip.

Wii U, I still have to import the two first party games I want each year but that's fine.

Ah, fair enough. You'll start saving money eventually with the 3DS. The types of deals on Nintendo stuff over there make me weep

Dead Man

Tell me about it. Maybe I should be thankful they're all congregating there and not terrorizing me at the country club.
We must be thankful for small mercies.
They all go to the beach to bathe and clean their wretched rags. When the poors come to my estate to clean the pool, I make sure my butler watches them closely. Too often in the past I had spied them using my pool to clean their disease ridden bodies and loosen the caked on mud and detritus that years of huddling in their pitiful hovels had accumulated.

I had once entertained the though of breeding my own pool cleaners but found their weak genetics and high reliance on food and complaining to sully my idea completely. What one is to do with the bodies of the weak and passed was something I dealt with weekly, along with the inquiries of the police. Once I explained that the bodies were of lower economic subhumans designed to serve as pool maintainers it was all cleared up. No one's ever been charged for trying to take riff raff off the street and attempting to assign them higher, loftier roles than their menial lives; some collateral damage is understood and accepted in this noble pursuit. It did, however, take valuable time away from my strenuous afternoon wind-downs upon by fainting couch.

Absolute filth, they are, and the fact that I tolerate them is something for which they should be eternally grateful. If, for no other reason, than it actually supplies them with one thing that they can be grateful about in their disgusting and meaningless lives.

Who is this good buddy Shaneus and are they related to you?

That last part is the important part.
Sometimes you amuse me, ape.

OMG LAFIEL IS GOING TO BRISBANE THIS MONTH FOR 4 DAYS THEREFORE BRISGAF MEET-UP!

When?: December 14th, Saturday 5:00 pm start.

Where?: The Mana Bar: 420 Brunswick St, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006

Attending: Lafiel, Lexi, Shanshan310, Rlan, Bulbagarden

Maybe: Catbug/Will

Not Attending:

Notes: I'll probably book a table at the Mana Bar (since I hear it gets pretty packed) I'll PM a awesome picture of myself to those who haven't met me before. (which is everyone except for shanshan ;p) or give you my mobile number.

Two RL friends of mine might be in attendance.. one of them is described by others as a slightly older version of myself with a american accent!

I've never actually been to a BrisGAF meeting. So.....maybe. I'm a busy man though
No I'm not
, so you know, I'll have to check my schedule
I'll probably be drinking alone playing Forza

Dead Man

How quaint. Amusement is an emotion employed by the working heathens to give their life a modicum of release from the banality of their day-to-day existence.

So you are enabling the lower classes now? You are contributing to a positive experience for them. Class traitor.

Fuck, can't remember the last EA game I bought. I kinda want to know now lol

Mass Effect 3 was pre-owned :)

Might have to grab this tonight.
Yeah they patched in the Daily Challenges so I don't think I have a choice in buying it or not lol

Ah, fair enough. You'll start saving money eventually with the 3DS. The types of deals on Nintendo stuff over there make me weep

Yeah the special deals in the US has continued to improve their sales over their. Fantastic deals with cheap digital versions and tons of awesome Club Nintendo stuff we never see here. Nintendo treat us even worse than Sony :(

Yeah the special deals in the US has continued to improve their sales over their. Fantastic deals with cheap digital versions and tons of awesome Club Nintendo stuff we never see here. Nintendo treat us even worse than Sony :(

I missed the Target deal for the Zelda bundle for $150 as it was instore only and I'm avoiding the crowds.

$179 for the silver 3DS XL with Mario and Luigi Dream Team preinstalled from newegg (no sales tax and free shipping). Then a glitch on the Toysrus website got me Angry Birds Star Wars 3DS for $36 with free Zelda A Link Between Worlds. So $216 all up.

Yes :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnZdiR7YbN4

The voice actor is six. How can you not be instantly endeared to that face?

Also I bought a shirt that looks like this:
tumblr_mjmynzrA581qgp6v5o1_1280.jpg

I know right. He's the cutest.
Tbh I'm finding Bravest Warriors Season 2 pretty shite. Bee and Puppycat is better.

Quasar

So...anyone had to deal with a DOA PS4 in Australia?

Ironically...after the limited PAL land and Australian failures I picked up my preorder anyway (whereupon the JB games guy said they had had no returns in their store or other local JBs) I get mine home and its the typical BLOD scenario.

I called Sony and they have organised a replacement, BUT the URL they gave me in an email to print out a return form for Australia post does not bloody work.

So before going back to support call hell I thought someone here might have the URL that works. Now they gave me:

http://faq.anz.playstation.com/cgi-.../cci/delivery_label.php?contact=3D&iref=3D=20

And all I get is a page with an error "The url you have visited appears to be in correct or incomplete. ".

markot

Banned

Ironically...after the limited PAL land and Australian failures I picked up my preorder anyway (whereupon the JB games guy said they had had no returns in their store or other local JBs) I get mine home and its the typical BLOD scenario.

I called Sony and they have organised a replacement, BUT the URL they gave me in an email to print out a return form for Australia post does not bloody work.

So before going back to support call hell I thought someone here might have the URL that works. Now they gave me:

http://faq.anz.playstation.com/cgi-.../cci/delivery_label.php?contact=3D&iref=3D=20

And all I get is a page with an error "The url you have visited appears to be in correct or incomplete. ".

I thought theyd be custom labels with barcodes and whatnotses?

A Day To Remember - Common Courtesy. Album of the Year.
My kid sister said the same!

Joking. Kinda. :)

JB aren't offering a replacement? I thought they would have at least 30 day in store warranty.

No Spotify I don't want to sign up I just want to see that list behind your popup >_<

1. Live version is a thousand times better
2. Awesome song that still unfortunately makes me want to listen to their old stuff
3. Love this new album
4. Classic
5. Solid as always
6. Solid again, album didn't grab me though
7. New to me! Will check out at home
8. Same here :)
9. Not a huge Amon fan
10. I like the prog stuff but DT Band was the perfect mix of styles for me

Quasar

Looks like their system is screwing up the URL. An =, if properly encoded for an URL is %3D, and there's a couple of '3D's in there, so I think it's mucked things up somewhere.

I know. Looks like mime encoding buggering it up to me. Figured someone would have the URL here that works.

Quasar

JB aren't offering a replacement? I thought they would have at least 30 day in store warranty.

They basically said I could take it in to them and they'd send it off to Sony and organise a replacement or I could ask Sony myself. I was impatient enough to just ask Sony and they have already organised a replacement (5 days apparently) I just need to fill in a form that this email was supposed to give me and drop the PS4 at Australia Post and Sony would pay for all shipping etc.

Danoss

They have to, but it would be dependent on there being a PS4 available to replace it with.

I recall during the 360 launch that only a few people who purchased them from my store were lucky enough to receive a replacement for their red-ringed units. You had to be quick as anyone returning the unit more than a day or two later had to go through Microsoft, because the sell-through was quick enough to deplete stock entirely.

Best options are return the unit for a full refund and organise a replacement for when new stock arrives or go through Sony directly. If replacement stock won't be too far away, I'd say go with the first option as you'll effectively have a new 12-month warranty upon receipt.

Quasar

Ah sweet, hope Sony can email you the URL again.

Yeah that's a great point I didn't think of due to the lack of stock available.

Yeah. They have no replacement stock. So it was either them sending it back and getting me a replacement from Sony or me doing it directly.

Quasar

Well...they sent me a second email with URL without me even asking. Dunno if they noticed the stuffup or my request on the official forum for a copy of the link that did work.

Shaneus

CANCER FREE, MOTHERFUCKERS!

Doc's fairly sure he got everything, but we'll know 100% Friday week after he does a full visual looksee and verifies that it's all gone.

Kinda knew it was going to be the minor one (figured that if he thought it wasn't, he would've only taken a small sample to test rather than a bigger one to try and remove it all) but it's wonderful to have it confirmed and checked off.

:D

Now, someone find me a PS4 to buy right away. I'm in a damn good mood and it's easily justifiable to buy shit I don't need.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
good stuff shaneus.

your old xbox has become a tour piece to my home.

just the other day i was in the lounge room sitting awkwardly with aniseed and i said "and over there is shaneus' old xbox"

I thought you would like to know.

Kritz

Banned
Stanley Parable is weird

fun

but weird

I just got around to playing it today.

I'm not sure if I feel cheated or not that I expected the game to be a lot more puzzley / similar to Antichamber. I think it was just the ending I got that made me go into 999 mode and think there was something deeper to replaying the game a bunch of times, when there really isn't.

But, hey, some of the endings were great.

Shaneus

I just got around to playing it today.

I'm not sure if I feel cheated or not that I expected the game to be a lot more puzzley / similar to Antichamber. I think it was just the ending I got that made me go into 999 mode and think there was something deeper to replaying the game a bunch of times, when there really isn't.

But, hey, some of the endings were great.
Did you play the demo? The entirety of the demo's content is completely unique to it and the full game. It's more like a free prequel.

hamchan

So I ordered 8 games from the Good Guys. Only getting Pokemon White 2 delivered lol.
Still, $40 gift card included, not bad.

lightguard

Neo Member
Ugh, I had a friend order the same games I did like an hour after me, he got his games, and I'm left with one game and a gift card. Looks like if you ordered anything that was stock-constrained, you get completely screwed.

Ugh, I had a friend order the same games I did like an hour after me, he got his games, and I'm left with one game and a gift card. Looks like if you ordered anything that was stock-constrained, you get completely screwed.

Seems to depend on which store your order was allocated to. One of my orders was fulfilled at one store but the other two are still outstanding (including the one that I actually want >_<).

Gazunta

Hi Cameron,

Thanks again for your patience with regards to our recent online Games Clearance Sale.

We have finished the consolidation of all of the orders, and we regret to inform you that we have been unable to fulfil any of your order.

We can assure you that we have exhausted every one of our suppliers in Australia in an attempt to get you the games you ordered but have had no luck.

What is happening next?

We are in the process of refunding the amount of your order including any delivery charges. Depending on your payment type and your financial institution this may take up to 5 business days.

Please accept a $40 The Good Guys gift card for your trouble, which will be emailed to you later this week.

Again, thank you for your understanding and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Yours sincerely,
The Good Guys

Lolololol

Thanks for nothing Good Guys! My entire order got cancelled as well, and all I get is a measely $40 gift voucher... which is more than I spent on the games in the first place.

In better news, I just got a performance award! $2500 just before I head to Japan. I'd like to thank GAF, because this is where I spend 95% of my time at work.

lightguard

Neo Member
All my games were assigned to Belmont, WA. I called the customer service line and they told me that it was fine and that I should get the games sometime this week.

I then called the store and they said they were the 'default' store for when the orders couldn't be fulfilled, and that I should call the customer service line. *eyeroll*

So this email. refund and $40 gift card...

I guess they shipped out the orders they could fulfill straight away, with no consideration as to respecting the order in which the orders were placed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom