• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

So..pS4 sales have passed 2.1m. Now how about Sony provide Australia with adequate supply?
Fucking this. Feb next year is bullshit. Absolutely nowhere to walk-in and buy a console for three months? Find it very hard to believe that'll be the case. My bet is surprise shipment well before then.

You know what sucks?

Hitchhikers guide is a billion times better then Dr Who.

I demand a new hitchhikers guide tv show >.<!

Just base it of the radio series, 26 episodes. Bam!

Yes, I agree. YESSSSSS get the cast from the movie back (except zooey deschanel) and especially sam rockwell and martin freeman and MAKE A SERIESSSS

Quasar

You know what sucks?

Hitchhikers guide is a billion times better then Dr Who.

I demand a new hitchhikers guide tv show >.<!

Just base it of the radio series, 26 episodes. Bam!

Only if they can go back in time and get the proper cast. That US movie was terrible.

Movie was very bleh

It hardly feels like plastic. If you're thinking of plastic material used in samsung phones, think again. You'd be better off with a glass nexus 4 if you have the mindset that plastic is bad.

I don't think that plastic is bad, I was just confused. Was expecting something to do with build quality not opinions of matte vs glossy.

Kritz

Banned
I don't even remember the movie, outside of the start where it was just recreating the book. Oh, and the song. The song was actually pretty good.

The BBC should Sherlock that series.

Fogz

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01qgdyq.jpg

Look who I ran into in Mario!

hahaha :D

With the number of copies sold it was almost certain you'd find it :(

Fucking this. Feb next year is bullshit. Absolutely nowhere to walk-in and buy a console for three months? Find it very hard to believe that'll be the case. My bet is surprise shipment well before then.

I'm more shocked my local big w didn't have any stock on the shelves at launch, preorders only. One would assume there would be a big shipment for Xmas, but from all reports that's seeming very unlikely.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
OMG LAFIEL IS GOING TO BRISBANE THIS MONTH FOR 4 DAYS THEREFORE BRISGAF MEET-UP!

When?: December 14th, Saturday 5:00 pm start.

Where?: The Mana Bar: 420 Brunswick St, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006

Attending: Lafiel, Lexi, Shanshan310, Rlan, Bulbagarden

Maybe: Catbug/Will

Not Attending:

Notes: I'll probably book a table at the Mana Bar (since I hear it gets pretty packed) I'll PM a awesome picture of myself to those who haven't met me before. (which is everyone except for shanshan ;p) or give you my mobile number.

Two RL friends of mine might be in attendance.. one of them is described by others as a slightly older version of myself with a american accent!

Danoss

I don't think that plastic is bad, I was just confused. Was expecting something to do with build quality not opinions of matte vs glossy.

I watched it also and it is nothing more than a subjective opinion. I'm thinking of picking one up next year sometime and thought there might be an intriguing difference between the two... nope.

It's back to picking which one you prefer the look of, or flipping a coin.

Order from amazon in 2 weeks when they have more stock.

Just got an email from amazon about Black Flag, $30 for the PC version if anyone is interested. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJXMRX0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Same price for PS3 digital version, comes with $5 credit so makes it $25. Add another $10 for PS4 upgrade.

$68 for Gran Turismo 6 from Big W

Free delivery from Dan Murphys with stayz13 code

So..pS4 sales have passed 2.1m. Now how about Sony provide Australia with adequate supply?
Sounds like every region is full of people wanting a PS4. The joys of high demand :)

Still shipments coming in, they are just sold out! Pre-orders that aren't picked up will be available though since the stores don't need to tell the people further down the line that a console is available, that would mean one less sale for them ;)

Like I said the other day, DSE are getting orders pushed back so that should be a good indication of how batshit insane the demand is.

Just got an email from amazon about Black Flag, $30 for the PC version if anyone is interested. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJXMRX0/?tag=neogaf0e-20
PS3 digital code is also $30 :)

Beat you to it AGAIN :p

Ha, wrote the post over an hour ago but tonight has been a fucking mess. Son has been up screaming for most of the day due to a mixture of virus, earache, stomach ache from too much junk food at a birthday party and utter exhaustion.
Oh and he has developed shame.
Apparently he is deeply ashamed that he wears a night time pull up.
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
Psychological shit already? This is going to get messy real fast.

Shaneus

Ha, wrote the post over an hour ago but tonight has been a fucking mess. Son has been up screaming for most of the day due to a mixture of virus, earache, stomach ache from too much junk food at a birthday party and utter exhaustion.
Be even messier if he *didn't* wear a nighttime pull up.

Hyperbole always is :)
(plus she has ADHD as well so it's kind of comforting having people like her as company)

Be even messier if he *didn't* wear a nighttime pull up.

Well he's pretty much there with going to the toilet at night anyway, he is more wearing it at the moment due to being crook as a dog and being unable to go 3 hours without his body attempting (usually effectively successfully) to turn off, which irritates him to an incredible degree since he MUST be awake from 6:30am until 6:30pm to avoid missing out on any of the cool shit that grownups do during shopping hours.
I feel that waking up covered in poop would be a bit more traumatic for him at the moment than the irritation of a suffocating, chaffing pull up so my decision stands for now.
Until I go to sleep and he takes it off once he has the stamina of course :/

Aw, I hope he gets well soon.

Also good luck for your results tomorrow Shane.

Shaneus

Safe to assume there haven't been any reviews yet?

I'd be tempted too, but I remember how fucking let down I was with GT5 on PS3. Any word on shit like standard cars etc.? Or uncanny valley NASCAR drivers?

hamchan

God why am I considering GT6 when I'm already on next gen and it'll probably look bad comparatively. I remember GT5 being a huge grind by the end too.

laf who is catbug

do they look like this

I watched it also and it is nothing more than a subjective opinion. I'm thinking of picking one up next year sometime and thought there might be an intriguing difference between the two... nope.

It's back to picking which one you prefer the look of, or flipping a coin.

Ended up ordering one later last night. (16GB White)
Wish they had a microSD slot.
The new Android version KitKat looks real nice.

Maybe its because I haven't played an Assassins Creed game for a while but I'm finding the collectathons strangely captivating. Black Flag has been a pretty big surpise so far. I reckon Ubi perfected the formula with this one. Ignoring the boring platforming and simple combat. At least they took out those crazy kill streak things from Brotherhood.

Same price for PS3 digital version, comes with $5 credit so makes it $25. Add another $10 for PS4 upgrade.

I could have saved $4? Oh man :(

Maybe its because I haven't played an Assassins Creed game for a while but I'm finding the collectathons strangely captivating. Black Flag has been a pretty big surpise so far. I reckon Ubi perfected the formula with this one. Ignoring the boring platforming and simple combat. At least they took out those crazy kill streak things from Brotherhood.

Yeah the collectibles in Black Flag are much more natural to come across than previous titles. The fact that going up to a viewpoint makes them appear on your map (and on your screen while you stay up on the viewpoint) removes the annoyance of pixel hunting and keeps you feeling like a pirate.

They also don't matter at all. You can also fast travel to any viewpoint or land mass you have already been to. So you can easily choose to ignore them if you don't feel like dawdling around the areas and do it another session if you want.

Shaneus

God why am I considering GT6 when I'm already on next gen and it'll probably look bad comparatively. I remember GT5 being a huge grind by the end too.
Same. I have bad memories of it and after about three months I literally did not touch the game since. At all. My offline driver thingys must be fucking rolling in the cash, Scrooge McDuck-style.

I think I just want something new(ish). But I don't know enough about it to know whether to pass or not. Will it have standard cars? 60fps flat or choppy as last time?

Is there an OT yet?

Gazunta

Still conflicted about buying Castle of Illusion. Really don't want to reward Sega for shutting down the studio.

On the other hand if Sega Australia never shut down we wouldn't have Assault Android Cactus.

Actually I'll just buy Assault Android Cactus for someone.

Edit: Is it just me or is that humble bundle....not interesting

Shaneus

GT6 OT
(I think I'm going to buy it. Damn it!)

Still conflicted about buying Castle of Illusion. Really don't want to reward Sega for shutting down the studio.

On the other hand if Sega Australia never shut down we wouldn't have Assault Android Cactus.

Actually I'll just buy Assault Android Cactus for someone.

Edit: Is it just me or is that humble bundle....not interesting
It's half-price, so really you're taking money away from Sega. Plus, you're showing Sega that they made a mistake in shutting it down by showing interest in a game by a studio they killed.
I felt kinda sad as a result of a Sega thing last night when I dared look up the Sega World Sydney Wikipedia page :(

PS.
r50JQfo.png

Sony just announce Drive club will be launch software at Japan launch date.
So I assume Driveclub release date should not later than Feb 22 rite?
So happy now.

PPS. My nephews sending their letters off to Santa:
HKQcQfKl.jpg

Dawww <3

I'm pretty sure that placing non real mail into the postal system is a federal offense. That's the Christmas present they're getting this year: hard time.

Daaaawwww.

Sega will learn nothing regardless of whether you buy it.

Fuck 'em.

I bought a US 3DSXL so I don't have to import 3DS games any more from OGS for my AU 3DS.

So I obviously have learned nothing.

Sega will learn nothing regardless of whether you buy it.

Fuck 'em.

I bought a US 3DSXL so I don't have to import 3DS games any more from OGS for my AU 3DS.

So I obviously have learned nothing.

I've found that lately prices for 3DS games (Vita games also) have been cheap enough locally to not have to bother with OGS

Also, what do you need a US 3DS for? Just SMT IV?

Stackboy

OMG LAFIEL IS GOING TO BRISBANE THIS MONTH FOR 4 DAYS THEREFORE BRISGAF MEET-UP!

When?: December 14th, Saturday 5:00 pm start.

Where?: The Mana Bar: 420 Brunswick St, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006

Attending: Lafiel, Lexi, Shanshan310, Rlan, Bulbagarden

Maybe: Catbug/Will

Not Attending:

Notes: I'll probably book a table at the Mana Bar (since I hear it gets pretty packed) I'll PM a awesome picture of myself to those who haven't met me before. (which is everyone except for shanshan ;p) or give you my mobile number.

Two RL friends of mine might be in attendance.. one of them is described by others as a slightly older version of myself with a american accent!

Put me down as a maybe. Lexi can vouch that I am a real person.

Spelunky on Vita/PS3 YOPO is $9.32 for + users, $10.35

Might have to grab this tonight.

I've found that lately prices for 3DS games (Vita games also) have been cheap enough locally to not have to bother with OGS

Also, what do you need a US 3DS for? Just SMT IV?

because I just moved to the US and bought my Australian OG 3DS and Wii U with me. I don't see me getting a US Wii U but there's enough on the 3DS and much cheaper than Australia for me to double dip.

Wii U, I still have to import the two first party games I want each year but that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom