• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for nothing Good Guys! My entire order got cancelled as well, and all I get is a measely $40 gift voucher... which is more than I spent on the games in the first place.

In better news, I just got a performance award! $2500 just before I head to Japan. I'd like to thank GAF, because this is where I spend 95% of my time at work.

Nice, I really need to find a new job.

CANCER FREE, MOTHERFUCKERS!

Doc's fairly sure he got everything, but we'll know 100% Friday week after he does a full visual looksee and verifies that it's all gone.

Kinda knew it was going to be the minor one (figured that if he thought it wasn't, he would've only taken a small sample to test rather than a bigger one to try and remove it all) but it's wonderful to have it confirmed and checked off.

:D

Now, someone find me a PS4 to buy right away. I'm in a damn good mood and it's easily justifiable to buy shit I don't need.

Great news, though I think you've used up your good luck for the year. No ps4 for you!
or me :(
this year.

Good Guys had rang me a day or two after I did my order to tell me they wouldn't be able to fulfill it. Their online store could've been set up to better convey availability but this stuff happens sometimes so whatever.

Roulette

I ordered two games from Good Guys. Both Pokemon games.

Email says I'm getting both.

Plus the $40 voucher.

Good Guys? GREAT guys.

They finally contacted me via email today, turns out I'm only getting Pokemon Black 2. Pretty good deal all things considered.

I really wanted Kid Icarus though

edit: OH WAIT! HOLY SHIT!!! AUTUMN SALE IS OVER! I DIDN'T BUY ANYTHING DURING A STEAM SALE!

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 4 FREAKING YEARS!!!

I DID IT!!!!!

spent combined $700 on PS4 stuff last month

edit 2: Congratulations on the good news Shaneus.

Jintor

Whelp, only getting Pokemans from Good Guys. Oh well, refund + 40 will do I guess. Really wanted another copy of Kid Icarus for my kid cousin's christmas present though...

Jintor

Doc's fairly sure he got everything, but we'll know 100% Friday week after he does a full visual looksee and verifies that it's all gone.

Kinda knew it was going to be the minor one (figured that if he thought it wasn't, he would've only taken a small sample to test rather than a bigger one to try and remove it all) but it's wonderful to have it confirmed and checked off.

AWW YIS

aww man :( I guess the ran out of pokemans before they got to me. At least they sent me out Uncharted.

EDIT: Thank god. good to hear Shaneus.

Dead Man

Awesome Shaneus!

Also, probably Choc'd, but I don't give a fuck. Tomb Raider Collection, $14US on steam.

Edit: Why if I am logged in and about to pay with paypal do steam make me fill out the fucking billing information every time? Am I missing a setting or option or something? I have the save billing shite ticked and it still asks me every time.

Kirby102

Tried my best for the GG sale as well, but got the email today as well.

Tried to nab LBP2 + Pokemans + Kid Icarus, but got me Cooking Guide for DS.

Ah well, didn't think my order would've went through, but refund + $40 ain't too bad.

Awesome news Shane.

I had a crazy night in Sydney, at the airport catching return flight to Melbourne atm.

Didn't sleep at all, had way too much to drink and danced all night, and I don't even like to dance!

Next week office is having another xmas party in Melbourne - a day of cricket and bbq. Hopefully the weather will be good.

Now, someone find me a PS4 to buy right away. I'm in a damn good mood and it's easily justifiable to buy shit I don't need.

My man. Congrats! You probably deserve a PS4 at this stage.

I'm doing an AmA on Reddit. God help me. This could end up being a huge mistake.

tumblr_m3yjrgDA1t1qar5tro10_r1_1280.png

Almost definitely.

Shaneus

So guys, I'm guessing this is the best deal going around for GT6? Anyone have any recent experience on OZGC postage times?

PS. Gaz, could you rehost that issue of Zzap! to Mediafire or something? I can't get to their website at work :/

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
To be fair, while I haven't played Gran Turismo 5. I've heard the grind in that has always been pretty "bad" and there was plenty of room for improvement.

Still sounds way better than Forza 5 from what I've been hearing. And Gran Turismo has always been grindy.

media are saying it hasn't changed the game, unlike Forza, so I don't see it as an issue as the in game economy hasn't been changed.

If the grind is harsher than GT5 they should be torn to shreds.

If nothing has changed as the article says, I don't see an issue.

Big W had 3D World cheap, Pom

I haven't played a Forza before 5 for ages, so am I right in saying while now you buy cars with in game credits or cash, before you were rewarded with cars for winning? Because buying cars (obviously not with real cash, I'm not a moron) is a way more interesting game mechanic. I've vaguely been paying attention to the controversy, but I've been busy actually enjoying Forza mostly

So Polyphony gets a pass because their game was already grindy and Forza's hated because it went more grindy? Sounds fair.

I haven't played GT for years (2 or 3 would be the last) and it was pretty grindy then. Forza last I played was I think was 2 or 3 as well. Progression felt much faster than GT in that from what I remember.

edit: OH WAIT! HOLY SHIT!!! AUTUMN SALE IS OVER! I DIDN'T BUY ANYTHING DURING A STEAM SALE!

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 4 FREAKING YEARS!!!

I DID IT!!!!!

Wait, it's over already? Drats, I got my dates mixed up. I was holding out for the final day of sales to pick up the DLC expansions for EU4 and CK2. ;_;

Shaneus

Where's the keyring or preorder cars? Bit shit that Australia doesn't get those (despite them only being retunes of existing cars anyway). And the date for Click and Collect is the 12th. Does that mean it's not in stock until then, or only if you order it online for pick up?

Cheers big-ears.

Edit: GT6 macrotransactions in force. Jaguar XJ13 costs 120 quid.
I can't read that, but is it likely that the grind in GT6 to get that is less than the grind to get the most expensive car in FM5 (before they gifted it to everyone)?

senahorse

How so, sign in click buy, done :).

Also why are there 2 versions on AU PSN and just one on US PSN, AU has a special edition with a bunch of extra cars and stuff, US just has the standard edition.

To be fair, while I haven't played Gran Turismo 5. I've heard the grind in that has always been pretty "bad" and there was plenty of room for improvement.

And Gran Turismo has always been grindy.
GT3&4 were pretty heavy with the grind for the top tier cars.

GT5 was a great improvement in that regard, you could pump out a few million credits on the higher tier races which made it manageable.

GT6 sounds similar to GT5 in that regard so if the media reports are correct I'll be happy.

I haven't played a Forza before 5 for ages, so am I right in saying while now you buy cars with in game credits or cash, before you were rewarded with cars for winning? Because buying cars (obviously not with real cash, I'm not a moron) is a way more interesting game mechanic. I've vaguely been paying attention to the controversy, but I've been busy actually enjoying Forza mostly
They used to give reward cars, which you could sell or use.

Did they remove that entirely in Forza 5? The chatter seems to be that you are rewarded less credits than in Forza 4 too.

My main issue with F5 is the day one DLC cars and the ones that were made before the game hit shelves.

So Polyphony gets a pass because their game was already grindy and Forza's hated because it went more grindy? Sounds fair.
What's your point?

One game has the same system as the previous system.

One game has made the system more painful than the old system.

Where's the keyring or preorder cars? Bit shit that Australia doesn't get those (despite them only being retunes of existing cars anyway). And the date for Click and Collect is the 12th. Does that mean it's not in stock until then, or only if you order it online for pick up?
Game is out tomorrow everywhere (or is it today?).

KMart have it for $69 too fyi.

Also why are there 2 versions on AU PSN and just one on US PSN, AU has a special edition with a bunch of extra cars and stuff, US just has the standard edition.
Maybe the US version has retailer exclusive DLC? That stuff usually pops up after launch on the digital stores.

They used to give reward cars, which you could sell or use.

Did they remove that entirely in Forza 5? The chatter seems to be that you are rewarded less credits than in Forza 4 too.

I haven't been gifted a car yet, so maybe they've cut it?

Credits haven't seemed hard to get so far. I mean I wasn't able to buy super cars out of the gate, but I could go from the first level of cars, to sports cars, to super cars pretty easily. It gave me the opportunity to pay cash for a car I couldn't afford, I laughed in its face (which I'm hoping Kinect picked up) and raced some more until I could afford it.

I don't know, again I've never been a big Forza dude (although 5 is making me wonder why, it's great) but I'm finding the grind pretty tolerable. Fun even. New cars should be a sign of making progress, not just a constant flood.

Right, but now they're both shit*, but people are only complaining about the one that was good and is now shit? Gamers, I guess.

One's the same as it's always been, the other is being negatively affected by the microtransaction ecosystem. I'd think it was obvious why one was being complained about while the other isn't but gamers, I guess.

Fun even. New cars should be a sign of making progress, not just a constant flood.
I agree there. That's the draw of these sim/semi-sim games compared to something like NFS or Burnout. There is no story mode, just a continuing stream of increasingly involved races which lead to better and better rewards.

Right, but now they're both shit*, but people are only complaining about the one that was good and is now shit? Gamers, I guess.

Stop being ignorant, there is a thread right now that is full of people screaming the sky is falling, just like there was when it was first detailed that GT6 would have microtransactions.

This concept that Microsoft are being treated too harshly is getting hilarious at this point.

In any case if someone calls Forza 5 "shit" due to the microtransations I find it hard to take them seriously. The game is still giving a good experience. It just isn't as good as it could have been if they didn't mess with the economics so much.
Forza 5 is getting blasted because there is a continuous stream of eyebrow raising news, with downgraded textures/lighting compared to PR showcases, hilariously poor drop in crowds, and the issues with MP that popped up in some Youtube videos a week back.

I'd think it was obvious why one was being complained about while the other isn't but gamers, I guess.
Yeah, it makes sense that the one that's changed gets all the attention. I just wonder why people don't seem to complain much about the status quo.

If Forza 6 doesn't make many changes, people probably won't make much noise.

This concept that Microsoft are being treated too harshly is getting hilarious at this point.
I'm not saying Microsoft aren't being treated too harshly, just wondering why people aren't treating Sony harshly enough.

Doesn't really make much difference to me since I will play neither, just pointing out that it's interesting.

I'm not saying Microsoft aren't being treated too harshly, just wondering why people aren't treating Sony harshly enough.

What do you mean by "aren't treating Sony harshly enough"? What do they need to be treated badly for? Just not sure if you mean in your opinion microtransactions are unacceptable in 100% of cases or you mean everyone has to believe they are unacceptable?

And I would posit that Sony are coping plenty of flack today, as evidenced by the thread here and in many other forums.

What do you mean by "aren't treating Sony harshly enough"?
Forza wasn't a grind*, Forza is now a grind.
GT6 was a grind, GT6 remains a grind.

Why not demand something better from Polyphony/Sony, if people really dislike the grind in that game?

*IMO Forza was just as bad as GT but other people seem to think one was better than the other and I'm not really a racing fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom