• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy DJ

Great, apparently because I didn't send the item with tracking and the buyer is a hard headed ass that isn't responding to my messages, I can't actually win the PayPal dispute. I literally can't see how someone can literally write nothing but "mate, where's my item it should be here by now" in the claim and win on PayPal when there are very easy ways to resolve this issue (i.e. me sending him the actual fucking code because the card itself is useless).

I actually had a series of nightmares with play and charge kits on X360. I got a second hand one from EB, it stopped working real fast. Then I got a cheap one off Ebay and the battery pack was busted. At which point I was too poor to actually buy a legit one so I just played games using the lpug and charge cable permenantly plugged in. It was like using a wired controller, but worse, because the cable was shorter.

Yeck.

Rizzi

Great, apparently because I didn't send the item with tracking and the buyer is a hard headed ass that isn't responding to my messages, I can't actually win the PayPal dispute. I literally can't see how someone can literally write nothing but "mate, where's my item it should be here by now" in the claim and win on PayPal when there are very easy ways to resolve this issue (i.e. me sending him the actual fucking code because the card itself is useless).

Paypal is a shitty company. I feel for you.

lexi

Banned
I actually had a series of nightmares with play and charge kits on X360. I got a second hand one from EB, it stopped working real fast. Then I got a cheap one off Ebay and the battery pack was busted. At which point I was too poor to actually buy a legit one so I just played games using the lpug and charge cable permenantly plugged in. It was like using a wired controller, but worse, because the cable was shorter.

Yeck.

Me too. I went through about 3 before I just stopped playing consoles altogether. Sick of shit that kept fucking breaking.

PC MASTERRACE

But so worth it. Hit up your local cashies, I know mine have wireless ones for $30.
Mmmmmm Dodo deal dodgy deals.

I wonder what percentage of Cash Convertors goods are stolen.
80%?

Look at these scrubs talking about getting X360 or logitech pads.

XBO controller is boss.
Nah don't like the feel/shape of it compared to the DS4/360 controller. I really dislike the bumpers.

You totally got that from following me on Twitter though right? :)

Yeah, everyone really should. It's a fucking amazing game if you don't have it via PS+ already.
Which was it on? Didn't hit AU PS+ sadly :(

OH

Did you post that router? Totally just remembered lol

I use a wireless one with a knockoff receiver. Works great.
Yeah the cheapo $10 chinese ones work perfect for the most part

Rizzi

Bought a replacement 360 controller.
$40, not as cheap as I was hoping, but better than nothing.
Witcher 2 plays a lot better with a controller than keyboard and mouse, so I guess it was worth it.

Deeku

Mass excitement in the office today as we welcomed the delivery of a water cooler. Clearly our one year old (just) start-up is booooming!

reptilescorpio said:
Which was it on? Didn't hit AU PS+ sadly :(
you missed it:(

The fuck, you're right!

I even got Wipeout but not Lumines. No idea how that happened, mustn't have checked for it :(

Yup, no receipt in my email. Now I can never buy it knowing I should already have it for "free"!

It'll go on sale again I bet, I'd prefer the digital edition!

Nope, it's sitting at my desk at work, waiting to be shipped off. And I can't find the power adapter for it :(

lol what kind of power? I can probably jsut use the one from the Netgear router.

wonzo

Banned
The DS4 is pretty much my go to PC controller atm. I really should try and find a way I can use the Wii-U Pro Controller wired/wirelessly and see how that fares.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Mass excitement in the office today as we welcomed the delivery of a water cooler. Clearly our one year old (just) start-up is booooming!

Oh man! What was your first water cooler topic of discussion??

At one of my old jobs we used to bitch about made up staff members.

Kritz

Banned
guys, action henk is pretty fuckin' great. It's like... if sonic games didn't suck, crossed with super meat boy. It's just raw fun from mechanics, where you're just going crazy building up momentum and not stopping for anything.

Shaneus

lol what kind of power? I can probably jsut use the one from the Netgear router.
Electrical. I have a hunch that the power for the old Billion router worked with it, if you still have it kicking around. Worst case, $20 at DSE would get you up and running.

Strangely, I have the box for it, but NFI on the adapter :(

Electrical. I have a hunch that the power for the old Billion router worked with it, if you still have it kicking around. Worst case, $20 at DSE would get you up and running.

Strangely, I have the box for it, but NFI on the adapter :(

Yeah the Billion is up on my shelf, reminding me not to trust strangers

lol not really, out in the shed somewhere! Pretty sure I still have it

jambo

Only one Dota 2 player...

WlrUSNL.png

Deeku

Yeck.

I had a good run with the official rechargeable battery packs, the first 2 i purchased lasted me 12 months before i "lost them" (house got flooded, my main entertainment room where the 360 was sustained the damage). In the years since i went through 4 that lasted 6 months or less before they were useless.

I currently have 1 battery pack (from the silver controller with moveable d-pad + play & charge kit bundle) that came out in 2012, and using many AA rechargeable batteries.

I have many 360 controllers (14 at last count), it comes from owning many 360 consoles (6 in total). Six controllers from 3 different console bundles that had 2x controllers in them (most recent being the COD MW 3 console) and other acquisitions. I have far too many of the default white one's.

I purchased the 360 controller for windows (with wireless receiver) back in 2010. I've only seen the wired version in stores the past few years.

Stackboy

guys, action henk is pretty fuckin' great. It's like... if sonic games didn't suck, crossed with super meat boy. It's just raw fun from mechanics, where you're just going crazy building up momentum and not stopping for anything.

Watched the Giant Bomb Quick Look last night. Looks fun!! Will wait for a Steam sale though.

Wired controllers for PC (XBox360 pad is awesome) and wireless for my consoles. Who can't afford batteries?

Speaking of destiny, where is the best place to preorder? How do EB/JB distribute the beta codes?

Amazon. Make pre-order, recieve beta code in email instantly, cancel pre-order at not cost to yourself.

On release day? I expect Dick Smith and at the very Target to have it for $60-70.

(pretty sure EB print the beta code on the pre-order reciept by memory)

Preorder at Amazon they send the beta code immediately via email. Cancel preorder at Amazon. Grab it on release day at Dick Smith where it is likely to be much cheaper than JB / EB. Unless you want a special edition and then it is a bit of a crapshoot when it will get delivered because it comes out on a Saturday.

Fredescu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom