• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Aldi low self discharge seem just as good. A bunch of people on Whirlpool tested various low self discharge batteries and these are supposed to be very good for the money: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...2400mAh_Low_Self_Discharge_ready_to_use_.html

We seem to be at a point where we have just enough batteries for his trains, and a couple spare for charging, but those are what I will try when I need more.

Yeah the Aldi brands are really good quality. I get disposable batteries from there, they seem to last as long as Duracell et al.

I'm fully stocked up on Eneloops from cheap Dick Smith deals ages ago but I might try some in the future if we get some devices I don't want to worry about throwing out later on.

Stackboy

Preorder at Amazon they send the beta code immediately via email. Cancel preorder at Amazon. Grab it on release day at Dick Smith where it is likely to be much cheaper than JB / EB. Unless you want a special edition and then it is a bit of a crapshoot when it will get delivered because it comes out on a Saturday.

The game comes out on September 9th, which is a Tuesday.

Dimefan3

Considering getting Destiny for PS3. I'm not sure when I'll be getting a PS4, so if I like the game, I'll upgrade when the time comes....

Gazunta

Off-handedly wondering if I can go a whole year without buying a video game, and then thought, oh yeah, I can start from July 1, OK LET'S DO THIS

*checks email*

Hi Cameron,

Thanks again for your JB Hi-Fi Online order. The good news is, it's on the way!

FUCKING DAMN IT I FORGOT ABOUT LUMINES OK that doesn't count let's start from NOW YEAH

The game comes out on September 9th, which is a Tuesday.

I failed at calendars at school. I was looking at August by accident :(

PC talk: The International qualifiers for Dota2 happening. Played some Kentucky Route Zero, it's an amazing work of art and everyone should get on it. Played some Intruder it's a janky alpha for a fun tactical multiplayer game which has ridiculous physics. Got into the Heroes of the Storm alpha so will have to see how that plays.

What is this destiny shit

Not on PC?

I don't understand what that means
You should buy a Xbox One All In One Entertainment System so you can understand!

Is MGR on either of the consoles 60fps?
40-60fps.

Fairly good for the most part, some spots it has big dips during cut-scenes/QTE's, especially on PS3 which drops 10fps more than 360 at times.

You have MGR on PS+? If not the 360 version at $8 is a great pickup.

Speaking of the Chromecast, how do you get Netflix on it?
There's a ton of guides out there if you google 'chromecast netflix australia'

(can't grab a link atm as I'm forced onto an old version of IE here are at work now >_<)

Quasar

Back from getting my bottom right wisdom tooth out. Quite an ordeal. Not in terms of pain during (that was painless), but time. Took a whole hour for one tooth, which involved lots of gum cutting and drilling into bone that was apparently somewhat adamantium like, and then finally removing the tooth in pieces and then stitches (first time I've ever had stitches in my mouth).

Then being told to take cocktail of prescription painkillers (panadeine forte), over the counter ibuprofen and prescription antibiotics.

Now I'm home for an hour with a still numb half a face. Fun times ahead when it all wears off I'm guessing.

Omikron

Back from getting my bottom right wisdom tooth out. Quite an ordeal. Not in terms of pain during (that was painless), but time. Took a whole hour for one tooth, which involved lots of gum cutting and drilling into bone that was apparently somewhat adamantium like, and then finally removing the tooth in pieces and then stitches (first time I've ever had stitches in my mouth).

Then being told to take cocktail of prescription painkillers (panadeine forte), over the counter ibuprofen and prescription antibiotics.

Now I'm home for an hour with a still numb half a face. Fun times ahead when it all wears off I'm guessing.

Good luck, that shall not be comfortable :(

Rizzi

Heh. I just found this sealed in a cash converters (minus the console) for $29.
WiiU_JustDance2014AdditionSet-610x444.jpg

That sucks, I had all 4 out surgically. Woke up happy as Larry and was just sleepy for the next 24 hours. After that no issues, barely any swelling/pain.

Hope it settles down okay!

I already did tho

Then please understand

Heh. I just found this sealed in a cash converters (minus the console) for $29.
WiiU_JustDance2014AdditionSet-610x444.jpg

Target are selling them for $2 apparently. Leftovers from the Basic WiiU sale.

Rizzi

The target near me has like no wii u stuff.
Given that wii remotes are still like $70 I don't feel bad about it. Gonna trade the games in though.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
2nd non annual Radgaf meetup official list thingy (had to steal that Dead Man :p)

Where:
The elephant. Off Rundle St, Adelaide.

When:
September 20th 2014

Who:

Going-
Dead Man
Lucian Cat
Mr Tone
Jambo

Maybe-
Dryk
Vormund

Join us peeps. I'm looking at you, Frawwder, anyone else I've missed.

Rizzi

Alright. Grabbed a preowned copy of Mario Galaxy that looks like it was attacked by a roomba, and Twilight Princess.
My wii collection begins.

At the Target near me, they keep cardboard boxes in a metal cage on wheels right in front of the Wii U section. It's there 9/10 times and you can't get past it to look at Wii U things.

Rizzi

Galaxy was $28 and Twilight Princess was $50. I traded the two games in the bundle thing for $20 though. All I wanted was the wii remote and sensor bar heh.

guys, action henk is pretty fuckin' great. It's like... if sonic games didn't suck, crossed with super meat boy. It's just raw fun from mechanics, where you're just going crazy building up momentum and not stopping for anything.

I bought it on your suggestion and wowser, you were right. It's exactly my kind of super meat boy esque, quick fire round with high reset counts. thanks for the recommendation

Kritz

Banned
I bought it on your suggestion and wowser, you were right. It's exactly my kind of super meat boy esque, quick fire round with high reset counts. thanks for the recommendation

the only downside, being an early access game, is that the game's pretty tight for content. The first two sets of levels are fantastic, but the WIP levels have some real stinkers in them.

But they seem to be set on the mechanics side, so really there's nothing left for them to make EXCEPT for more levels. So I can't wait for this game to expand out to its full release.

And I guess I should go try Gaz's game at some point too :p

Screw that, Fifth Element has held up just fine. Feels like a product of its decade, but doesn't feel any way worse for it. It was always pretty cheesy and a ton of fun. I remember leaving the cinema with a big smile.

Screw that, Fifth Element has held up just fine. Feels like a product of its decade, but doesn't feel any way worse for it. It was always pretty cheesy and a ton of fun. I remember leaving the cinema with a big smile.

Agreed. It knows what it is and what it wants to be. Very unique and enjoyable. Still holds up remarkably well due to that fact.

Ton of amazing people worked on that movie, very much a passion project.

4.5 hours into Baldur's Gate: EE. Never played BG1 before, only played BG2 a bit as a kid.

Jesus fucking christ this game is

1) Hard as fuck
2) Incredibly slow with character progression (still level 1, nearly 5 hours in)
3) Representative of how shit the D&D ruleset is for a videogame

If BG2 is like this no wonder I never finished that as a kid. I get ganked by gibberlings sometimes if the roles go badly. I'm doing my best to keep my squishy mage characters out of the line of fire but every now and again a missile weapon or something will instagib them, or they'll get caught on geometry and a bear will wipe them in one shot and I have to load my last save because the game has permanent character death.

4.5 hours into Baldur's Gate: EE. Never played BG1 before, only played BG2 a bit as a kid.

Jesus fucking christ this game is

1) Hard as fuck
2) Incredibly slow with character progression (still level 1, nearly 5 hours in)
3) Representative of how shit the D&D ruleset is for a videogame

If BG2 is like this no wonder I never finished that as a kid. I get ganked by gibberlings sometimes if the roles go badly. I'm doing my best to keep my squishy mage characters out of the line of fire but every now and again a missile weapon or something will instagib them, or they'll get caught on geometry and a bear will wipe them in one shot and I have to load my last save because the game has permanent character death.

BG2 is heaps easier because you don't start at level 1 so you can't get killed in one hit by crits.

BG1 there is like something on every screen that can kill you. Honestly I would just drop the difficulty for some harder encounters (the friendly arm inn is bullshit) and look up where a few good items are hidden (there is a +1 suit of insect plate armour hidden in a field near a farm on the way to the mine). Not sure if the updated edition lets you hold tab to highlight chests and hidden objects like you could in BG2 but I hope it does because otherwise it's a pixel hunt for secrets. Abuse that shit if you can.

If you aren't enjoying it just skip straight to BG2. It's a much better game and all the story stuff gets explained to you straight away except for one NPC who dies in the first 5 mins.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I find it weird that as 10-years old I practically cruised through Baldurs Gate 2.. and to some extent Baldurs Gate 1 (although I never finished it). Nowadays when I play it I literally overthink everything, from how the D&D rules work, to how I strategize etc.

Planescape torment though.. I had serious difficulties as a 10-year old playing through that. Probably because I didn't get the story/dialogue focus over BG and IWD.

BG2 is heaps easier because you don't start at level 1 so you can't get killed in one hit by crits.

BG1 there is like something on every screen that can kill you. Honestly I would just drop the difficulty for some harder encounters (the friendly arm inn is bullshit) and look up where a few good items are hidden (there is a +1 suit of insect plate armour hidden in a field near a farm on the way to the mine). Not sure if the updated edition lets you hold tab to highlight chests and hidden objects like you could in BG2 but I hope it does because otherwise it's a pixel hunt for secrets. Abuse that shit if you can.

If you aren't enjoying it just skip straight to BG2. It's a much better game and all the story stuff gets explained to you straight away except for one NPC who dies in the first 5 mins.

Alright, skipping in progress.

Jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom