• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Thank fuck the sportsball is finally over, now everybody can stop pretending they like soccer.

Get on the tour bandwagon!!!

Then the commonwealth games!

Amusingly im working with a lot of poms at the moment, so no one talks about the world cup.

12986f3f64.jpg

What is this PS1 era fog?!

edit: holy shit, didnt realise how big that was. my bad

All of my friends are suddenly into playing FIFA. I had a couple of matches despite not having played a sports game since Jonah Lomu Rugby (which was awesome) and they were all shocked at how not shit I was. I'm thinking about picking up a copy just because it's what everyone is playing and local multi is all too rare these days.

Deeku

All of my friends are suddenly into playing FIFA. I had a couple of matches despite not having played a sports game since Jonah Lomu Rugby (which was awesome) and they were all shocked at how not shit I was. I'm thinking about picking up a copy just because it's what everyone is playing and local multi is all too rare these days.
I played a lot of Pro evo over the weekend due to omg world cup finalss...tho I didn't actually watch a single second of the wc:/

Also played a bit more FFX on vita, game holds up surprisingly well!

Omikron

But not as bad as the people who complain about the whiny cunts complaining.
I dunno. The original is basically "stop enjoying something I don't enjoy. Most of all stop talking about it".

Only happens every four years. I'm sure you will cope.

lexi

Banned
Oh no, I speak against the fair weather people who seem to care deeply about something once every 4 years.

Choc and others can go about continuing to enjoy their beloved game as they please.

jambo

What's wrong with people getting caught up in the moment though?

I do the same with the Olympics and Commonwealth Games.

They're great events because you get the best of the best competing on the world stage. You can see the individuals playing in nation leagues and other international events, but nothing beats the big time.

Plus I don't think I'd have the time to regularly follow a bunch of track & field events and any number of sokkah leagues on top of the AFL, Cricket and esports I already watch.

What's wrong with people getting caught up in the moment though?

That's much less pronounced than bandwagoning though.

Some of the shit people I know have said about the soccer world cup like "Oh that's not fair! Uganda always great away with tripping, everybody knows that!" shitted me to the point where I had to call them out on knowing fuck all about what's been going on in soccer for the last 4 years.

Shits me to tears. Feel free to make intelligent observations but don't pretend you actually follow the sport.

If there's a solar eclipse I'll take the boy outside and point at it, but I won't pretend to regale him on what the last 5 looked like.

Baldur's Gate 2

Some girl got turned into monster, needs certain spell scroll to fix it. Says hurry up. I misinterpret her directions to mean to walk to some other city to get it from a specific temple. Turns out she meant the temple in HER town. Now I can't finish the quest because all the NPCs involved have disappeared.

D'oh.

For some reason the idea that I can't reload and finish the quest is causing me a great deal of anxiety. I don't even get anxiety about things in real life, so this is quite strange indeed.

There are a million quests in BG2. You will probably miss half of them when the act changes and you haven't done them. You might need to let it go. And save them for the next play through as an evil character.

How are you finding it? You got out of the starting dungeon so that's a good start.

It still is a CRPG so make sure you are saving into a new slot every now and again in case you mess something up so bad and can't advance.

Rizzi

The first time I tried to play BG I got devoured by wolves, and gave up.
The second time I tried to play BG I got devoured by wolves, and gave up.
The third time I tried to play BG I got murdered by a bear.

There are a million quests in BG2. You will probably miss half of them when the act changes and you haven't done them. You might need to let it go. And save them for the next play through as an evil character.

How are you finding it? You got out of the starting dungeon so that's a good start.

It still is a CRPG so make sure you are saving into a new slot every now and again in case you mess something up so bad and can't advance.

I played BG2 as a child so I have faint memories of some of the quests. I remember one I haven't done yet involving a mansion you get to keep at the end of it. It's much better than BG1, although still very janky.

Anyway it's not that I'm a completion, it's some weird thing where if I accept a quest I need to complete it. If I don't want to do a quest I don't accept it to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom