• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
This is probably the best place to ask. Any word on an Australia 3DS/WiiU release date for Shovel Knight?

Rizzi

Eventually.
Gotta translate it in to those languages that Australia doesn't need first.
And yes, I know that's a silly way of looking at it, but it annoys me.

I'll post this up here so we have easy reference and also add it as a comment to the mumble channel when I get home.

Name: AusGAF CS:GO Server
IP: 27.50.71.23:27025
Slot Count: 12

Early stages, Jambo has admin, i'll sort more out when i'm not at work.
We can do anything with it so we can have it as Normal/Gungame/Warcraft Mod/Zombies etc. etc.

jambo

What kind of value would I be looking at for trading in a 3DS XL and a few games (Mario, Pokemon, Zelda)?

Do JB do trade-ins for store credit?

Attention Baldur's Gate cunts:

Shade Lich. How do I fucking kill this thing? It's in the sewers and you need to take it out to complete the quest. Basically it has some sort of illusion initially, and it is invisible. So I cast true sight from an inquisitor. Illusion disappears. Then it has an invulnerability spell, some kind of shield, some kind of ring of fire too. So I cast Secret Word and Breach. It just says "spell ineffective". Well fuck me, if the "cancel buff" spells don't work, how am I ever supposed to breach it's magical defenses?

It just ends up casting reandom spells until suddenly my whole group dies a couple at a time. The most I've ever hurt it is "barely injured".

What the FUCK. I looked it up on google and all I got was the moderator of some BG forum going "Lol you can't even beat shade lord? NOOB"

Rizzi

Are you playing the Enhanced Edition?
I tried to play it again earlier, my weapons shattered in to pieces and then I was slaughtered by hobgoblins.

Yeah but its BG2 so the weapon shattering isn't a feature. That's a BG1 thing prior to a certain quest.

I got past the thing by getting lucky enough for him to not cast his cheesy time-stop spell. Turns out there's some kind of programming oversight, Pierce isn't supposed to bounce off liches but does in BG2. Just had to wail on it with hasted magical weapons until I got lucky.

:/

Tommy DJ

Attention Baldur's Gate cunts:

Shade Lich. How do I fucking kill this thing? It's in the sewers and you need to take it out to complete the quest. Basically it has some sort of illusion initially, and it is invisible. So I cast true sight from an inquisitor. Illusion disappears. Then it has an invulnerability spell, some kind of shield, some kind of ring of fire too. So I cast Secret Word and Breach. It just says "spell ineffective". Well fuck me, if the "cancel buff" spells don't work, how am I ever supposed to breach it's magical defenses?

It just ends up casting reandom spells until suddenly my whole group dies a couple at a time. The most I've ever hurt it is "barely injured".

What the FUCK. I looked it up on google and all I got was the moderator of some BG forum going "Lol you can't even beat shade lord? NOOB"

Don't bother doing it. I'm fairly sure that quest is still around in the late game.

If you have a mage with cloudkill, I'm fairly sure you can cheese it by casting it outside of his sight, running out the room, rest, and repeat.

Edit: OK you managed to bash his face in. Its actually what I don't like about these AD&D games because it tells you fucking nothing. The idea is to load up on protection from magic, spell immunity to necromancy and abjuration, and protection from undead. Its literally impossible to know how to use spell immunity properly without consulting the game manual, which has information about every spell in the game, and knowing what the asshole in the next room casts.

Rizzi

I wish I could get in to Baldur's Gate though. The combat doesn't feel great, and the game is so slow. I want to enjoy the thing that everyone else seems to like. :(

jambo

We should probably play Dust2 more often in Competitive...

OupqUzy.jpg

Had an absolutely amazing moment on Black Gold in a random pub game. Was in one of the bomb zones, about mid health.

Three CTs rush the room and I spray and then throw a grenade at my feet. It goes off and kills all three of them instantly, winning the match and getting me the triple nade kill cheevo.

Played some comp after that with a random from that pub server and had a great time.

Shaneus

I noticed a few people on my Steam friends list (Hi Jase and Rep!) "want" The Last Express. It's currently $1.75 or something ridiculous, and will be for another 27 hours or so. Get on it!

How future proof would this tablet be? Would mainly use it for email/plex/companion apps for games.

Wife loves her one, uses it 4-5 hours a day easily with zero fuss or complaints so far.

Quadcore 1.2Ghz CPU with 1GB RAM.

THATS RIGHT, COMPANION APPS, IM GOING HARDCORE WITH THIS CONSOLE GHAMING THING >.>

Not very much, 1 GB ram is going to going to be a pain unless this tablet it able to upgrade to Kitkat or L and be able to make use of the ART runtime.

I've got a quad core 1GB ram samsung tab from work and it struggles to multitask because it's still on ICS.

It's funny. When I finished The Last of Us on PS3, I was certain that while I really liked the game, it was
so utterly grim and despressing, oh god I don't know whether to post on tumblr or slit my wrists. whynotboth.gif
that I'd never think of playing it again.

But somehow, here were are a year later and I'm thinking of getting the PS4 remaster. It's that or Watch_Dogs to tide me over until Destiny. And WD ain't cheap enough yet.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I noticed a few people on my Steam friends list (Hi Jase and Rep!) "want" The Last Express. It's currently $1.75 or something ridiculous, and will be for another 27 hours or so. Get on it!

That's when you just buy it for them. Tight arse!

jambo

I think Wildgoose was tweeting about that the other day.

Rizzi

It's funny. When I finished The Last of Us on PS3, I was certain that while I really liked the game, it was
so utterly grim and despressing, oh god I don't know whether to post on tumblr or slit my wrists. whynotboth.gif
that I'd never think of playing it again.

But somehow, here were are a year later and I'm thinking of getting the PS4 remaster. It's that or Watch_Dogs to tide me over until Destiny. And WD ain't cheap enough yet.

If your options are Last of Us or Watch Dogs, the choice is not Watch Dogs.

Gotta love wanting to take a Sickie because you feel sick, go to the doctors but can't actually ring up your work because you have nobody's number and doesn't officially open until 10. I'm sitting at the doctors waiting for it to open and waiting for work to call me wondering where I am because I don't have anyone's number

Bitch I almost vomited while driving to work so I went to the doctors instead. My knee is playing up also :(

I know no one here cares about baseball, let alone Japanese highschool baseball, but WSJ has a really cool in depth look into it and its kind of crazy culture.
Really interesting read, thanks for posting it Deek!

The choice for me is always to play the game I haven't played before.

I feel for you, but I suggest rectifying that. Always want to have the mobile of who you report to and who they report to. Hope you feel better soon!
Ueah, I know. Only issue is there's an office mobile the supervisor is supposed to have on them at all times. I rang it and it went straight to voicemail so eh.

I'm gonna get the supervisors personal number so I can call whenever.

Ueah, I know. Only issue is there's an office mobile the supervisor is supposed to have on them at all times. I rang it and it went straight to voicemail so eh.

I'm gonna get the supervisors personal number so I can call whenever.
If you called in sick to that phone number, left a voicemail and sent it a text message I would consider you covered.

Gazunta

Yeah my team usually send me a text message if they're not coming in and just need to go back to bed or whatever straight away. I prefer a call, not because I'm a prick
I am but that's beside the point here
but because I usually have a quick question about the work they had on for the day. But things happen and I'd rather my guys and gals rest up instead of going through bullshit protocol.

IN OTHER NEWS, I MADE A COMIC ABOUT BIG RIGS, CHECK IT OUT YEAH

I don't know if a game that came out in 2003 can be considered "retro" but I figured it was worth an experiment. I usually like to have a 15 year gap at least, preferably 20, but what the heck, the kids have a vastly different view of what is retro than I do. :)

senahorse

Does an email not suffice? That's all I need to send if I am not going to be in, though that is assuming you are in an environment that actively uses email. Which brings me to another point, fuck email. I am by no means obliged to, but due to being in an always connected world, I am always reading and responding to it, I need to learn how to unplug more.

Hmm $388 is a pretty sweet price. I was super pleased with the $350 PS3 I got from Catch Of The Day way back, and that was years after the machine launched.

Hmmm should I pay $90 to see Bill Bailey?

senahorse

On another note, Divnity, oh how I love thee. Game is so goddam good, I am still not even halfway in at just 46 hours (haha only 46 hours...) but I doubt there will be anything to replace it for my GOTY 2014. Game is like crack, the good kind, not that dirty street crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom