• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOOD MORNING AUSGAF OH LOOK WE LAUNCHED THE NINJA PIZZA GIRL KICKSTARTER:

Ninja Pizza Girl - Check it out OH YEAH

Want a copy of the game? SURE. Want to be a character in the game? YES LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN. Want to be the final boss? WHY NOT ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

(Please support this lovely game please)

But the marketing materials are TERRIBLE

;) I'll back/tweet/etc when I get home. IT deleted Chrome off this PC and it uses a super old version of IE that lags like a mofo

Stackboy

Hai guys! Don't forget the Destiny Beta starts next weekend. Don't forget to join the AusGAF/DestinyGAF group on Bungie.net!

I'm in a bit of a gaming lull at the moment (no one game is really taking my fancy) so I am totally jonesing for Destiny! Unfortunately I am away this weekend, so I won't be able to enjoy the beta until next week.

I remember not liking Fifth Element when I watched it when it came out. Maybe I should give it another try. Nah.

Nah karn it's awesome!!!

Thank fuck the sportsball is finally over, now everybody can stop pretending they like soccer.

I cared about Evo this weekend, even though I suck at fighting games.

GOOD MORNING AUSGAF OH LOOK WE LAUNCHED THE NINJA PIZZA GIRL KICKSTARTER:

Ninja Pizza Girl - Check it out OH YEAH

Want a copy of the game? SURE. Want to be a character in the game? YES LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN. Want to be the final boss? WHY NOT ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

(Please support this lovely game please)

Backed like crazy!! Gotta support Australian indie devs.

Plex is $2.20 on Android store now too.

Free contact lenses, just pay $10 postage.

Questions for le Gaz!

Are you adding a 'Gameplay' section? Can you play with a gamepad on PC? Found it a bit clunky using keyboard!

Also you should get some sweet looking concept art up there! People love seeing a variety of styled art of the one design. Also helps get the ball rolling on fanart.

Is that t-shirt design final? Seems like a lot of Kickstarters have pretty straightforward t-shirts, even a different colour might be more enticing!

I like the button designs. The Disparity logo and the pizza shuriken both look awesome :)

Art book is a brilliant idea. People love artbooks! Make sure to pimp that tons as the project goes along.

I'm probably in for a Pepperoni :)

Gazunta

What a wild day it's been so far. Thank you so much for your support
and putting up with me being a shameless marketing shill

Questions for le Gaz!

Are you adding a 'Gameplay' section? Can you play with a gamepad on PC? Found it a bit clunky using keyboard!

I play it with a 360 pad
wired of course I'm not a crazy person
on PC and it works a treat. So yes :)

Also you should get some sweet looking concept art up there! People love seeing a variety of styled art of the one design. Also helps get the ball rolling on fanart.

Is that t-shirt design final? Seems like a lot of Kickstarters have pretty straightforward t-shirts, even a different colour might be more enticing!

I like the button designs. The Disparity logo and the pizza shuriken both look awesome :)

Art book is a brilliant idea. People love artbooks! Make sure to pimp that tons as the project goes along.

These are all good ideas I'll pass them on. Personally I won't be happy until I have a Ninja Pizza Girl shirt for every day of the week. :)

I'm probably in for a Pepperoni :)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :)

ALSO MAKE A SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION TIER WITH A PHYSICAL COPY OF THE GAME THAT COMES WITH ALL THE GOODIES IN A PIZZA BOX

Hahahaha God damn why didn't we think of that? I'm sure a ton of pizza boxes got made for the PAX booth last year, I'll have to see what happened to them... :)

Fredescu

Don't tell my wife buy Dyson are having a 40% off sale

After looking at Dyson cordless vacs for a while, we bought one of these for $30: https://www.masters.com.au/product/900003490/piranha-600w-hand-held-turbo-vacuum-cleaner-grey.jsp

I reckon cordless vacs are more trouble than they're worth. You get far less power for much more money, and the convenience is dubious. Having to keep the damn thing charged all the time for something that is for infrequent use is far more of a pain than plugging a cord in every now and then.

Same goes for most cordless tools really.

I'd love one of those Dyson fans, but even at 40% off they're crazy expensive.

/domesticated

In non household item news, I backed your game Gaz.

Kritz

Banned
In the risks section of the kickstarter, I don't see anything about the possibility of someone called "Raven Stark" dying a horrible, dramatically ironic death to further the political advances of a rivaling house or possible co-conspirator. Has she, or her parents, been appointed lordship or given deeds to any amount of land? Have any of the family pets been slaughtered, shown distress about the possibility of being slaughtered, or otherwise plan to be slaughtered in the near future?

In either case, so long as no dwarves are kidnapped and held ransom, I suspect the kickstarter should go well.

I play it with a 360 pad
wired of course I'm not a crazy person
on PC and it works a treat. So yes :)
Make sure to get that information up there somewhere then! Gamepad support, multi-monitor support, etc. Tick those boxes!

Also, Linux port? Linux people seem to love throwing money at games that support Linux.

After looking at Dyson cordless vacs for a while, we bought one of these for $30: https://www.masters.com.au/product/900003490/piranha-600w-hand-held-turbo-vacuum-cleaner-grey.jsp

I reckon cordless vacs are more trouble than they're worth. You get far less power for much more money, and the convenience is dubious. Having to keep the damn thing charged all the time for something that is for infrequent use is far more of a pain than plugging a cord in every now and then.

Same goes for most cordless tools really.

I'd love one of those Dyson fans, but even at 40% off they're crazy expensive.

/domesticated
Yeah we only really wanted a Dyson for the barrel vacuums. Sister-in-law has one and it's godly as fuck. Super impressive.

We use those Piranha's at work with plaster dust, things are insanely good for the price.

Holy shit did that just die really quickly? Boo :/

Nah it was still working in the afternoon, just the website got smashed lol

It's been turned off now though.

TheBear

Are there cordless vacs that aren't complete shit?

Jintor

not in my experience.

Even the small one I use just for cleaning under the desk and around the bookcase in hard-to-reach places sucks. I mean, it blows. It doesn't function well is what I'm trying to say.

Cerity

Yay, my internet keeps dropping out today.
The most helpful thing ever when trying to get uni work done.

stringcan.jpg

Drops are the most annoying thing. There's all these trees hanging on/around our roads phone line, pretty much whenever a large-ish truck drives past at speed our connection drops. Telstra aren't doing jack shit because its a "rural" area even though we're only 25 minutes away from the CBD.

Means I only really get to play online games during the weekend when there aren't as many trucks flying through.

Tommy DJ

Huh, PayPal closed the case in my favor stating that I was selling an intangible good and that the buyer should stop being a stubborn dick and just ask me for the code. Lesson for people to learn: calling support and explaining your situation is actually useful.

Huh, PayPal closed the case in my favor stating that I was selling an intangible good and that the buyer should stop being a stubborn dick and just ask me for the code. Lesson for people to learn: calling support and explaining your situation is actually useful.

Awesome news!

Also that advice has worked for me so far. Had 2 issues go in my favour this year through other retailers.

senahorse

Are there cordless vacs that aren't complete shit?

We bought a Dyson DC35 Animal (Cordless stick vacuum) We use it for the stairs, edges (once a month) and spot cleans and for that it's a great little product. It even drives the rotating brush head really well. Is it worth $400? That's hard to say, but we have been happy with it the 2 years we have had it so I say yes. The rest of the house is covered by a couple of robotic Neato vacuums which I can't recommended enough, saves us having to do the work :D

Fredescu

Telstra cable has been down across a lot of NSW for three and a half hours but Telstra haven't formally declared an outage yet. I wish I had those sort of slas at work.

TheBear

We bought a Dyson DC35 Animal (Cordless stick vacuum) We use it for the stairs, edges (once a month) and spot cleans and for that it's a great little product. It even drives the rotating brush head really well. Is it worth $400? That's hard to say, but we have been happy with it the 2 years we have had it so I say yes. The rest of the house is covered by a couple of robotic Neato vacuums which I can't recommended enough, saves us having to do the work :D

can the robots navigate through doorways into different rooms?

Well I'm shocked.

My one day off this week and I'm sitting waiting for a job network appointment at 10am. Where's my sleep in

Edit: someone's installed the gimp and blender on this computer. Why?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
is there a better free alternative on Mac for simple transforms? (cropping, scaling, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom