• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea 5 of us here totally ditched warhammer and went to infinity. much better game, much more interesting, cheaper, more fun to play, works much better with multiple people/teams.

Danoss

Well if you visit up to Brisbane (also Danoss etc. anyone elese)
Let me know and happy to have you swing by for a day of tabletop :D and/or drinking....:p

I'm down for some of that, if I'm up there at some point. Same goes for you (and others) if you're in Sydney.

I should be setup to game at my place before too long. The table I'm building is 4'x4', which accommodates Warmahordes and Malifax, but I'm not sure how it'll go for Infinity. I assume since it's a skirmish game it's unlikely to require a large amount of space.

Pretty sure Fusebox is US PSN.

I've got 2 AU/EU/UK/Not US codes free for anyone who wants one on PS4.

I don't think all of the Destiny beta is locked from non-PS+ people. Half the Alpha was open.

You can play Destiny just Jo social features which is half the game.

Infinity is played on a 4x4 table but you need enough terrain to break up sight lines so you don't get shot off the table.

Fusebox

Banned
But Jambo I got no friends! None with PS4s anyway.

And I think these codes are from my US account. I'll PM one to TDM and one to Clive. If they work, enjoy. If not, no biggy.

Q: Do I need PS+ to play Destiny?

A: To get the most out of Destiny, it's recommended to have PS+, but you can still play the story missions and patrol. In order to participate in The Crucible (PvP) and strikes, you'll need PS+.
There you go Mutes, all good to go!

You can play Destiny just Jo social features which is half the game.

Infinity is played on a 4x4 table but you need enough terrain to break up sight lines so you don't get shot off the table.

Pro tips.
- High terrain goes in the middle of the table
- Oversight terrain within 12" ie spawn is OP you may as well concede before game starts, hence point 1
- Lots of terrain is good basically litter the board with terrain and make sure there are no clear sight lines (ie. shooting corridors) from one side to another
- small terrain is nice, barrels, walls etc. half model height, gives a good feel for cover
- play games at 50 points to start, then play 100-150 point games, if you get into the higher teirs of running 100 point models (such as TAGS) go 200-300 point games.
- use the infinity wiki page often, it is filled with FAQ data and a whole lot of rules that seem a bit open to interpretation actually are not, they are just translated badly

senahorse

Just read about the collapse of the Yogcast game, this is why I only give kickstarter monies to people I trust, like Obsidian, and Gaz.

if you have one spare...

yes, I'm inconsistent.

actually scratch that, I'd need a US PSN one.

Got one for you if you still want it.

AND I POSTED THIS YESTERDAY

Lol wait nvm

You gotta pay cash money for PS+ to play multi on PS4

Only the crucible (PvP), rest of the game doesn't require Ps+

That raises a question. Can you play across regions? Or would I need a US Plus account to play multiplayer with US friends?

No, you can play with anyone from anywhere. I've been playing with Gaffers from US and Japan all night.

You'd be surprised how many people who are developers have no idea how to run a team, a project or a business. They just assume they'd be good at it. Shit's hard, yo.

Kickstarter must have boosted sales of popcorn gifs.

Thanks for the code Fusebox. DLing now. Might as well check out free Strider while I'm at it.

AND I POSTED THIS YESTERDAY
Soz, Death. I must have missed that post. Ta anyway.

Danoss

Pro tips.
- High terrain goes in the middle of the table
- Oversight terrain within 12" ie spawn is OP you may as well concede before game starts, hence point 1
- Lots of terrain is good basically litter the board with terrain and make sure there are no clear sight lines (ie. shooting corridors) from one side to another
- small terrain is nice, barrels, walls etc. half model height, gives a good feel for cover
- play games at 50 points to start, then play 100-150 point games, if you get into the higher teirs of running 100 point models (such as TAGS) go 200-300 point games.
- use the infinity wiki page often, it is filled with FAQ data and a whole lot of rules that seem a bit open to interpretation actually are not, they are just translated badly

Thanks for the info guys. I know the terrain is quite dense compared to other games, but placement of different types, particularly the tall pieces, is good to know.

Scatter terrain will totally be used. It's functional, looks cool and helps bring the scene to life. I hope to mess about with mould-making so I can cast my own pieces in resin eventually.

What was the order for the Euro/PAL Destiny Beta PS4 Keys because I have 2 spare to give away to Ausgaf, can I use spoiler tags to stop lurkers grabbing them?

Bought a beginners cookbook earlier, excited to finally learn how to cook and stop being intimidated by food.

Went to the Disney/Dreamworks exhibit at the Silver K gallery today. Bloody fantastic and recommend it to everyone in Melbourne to take the time to see it. $10 adults, cheaper for everyone else.

Bought a beginners cookbook earlier, excited to finally learn how to cook and stop being intimidated by food.
Best cookbook the wife and I were ever given was "The Joy of Cooking" by the wife's caterer aunty. Great for those who have no idea what they're doing, just like we didn't.

Also... Silver K does exhibitions now?

Best cookbook the wife and I were ever given was "The Joy of Cooking" by the wife's caterer aunty. Great for those who have no idea what they're doing, just like we didn't.

Also... Silver K does exhibitions now?

will have to check it out, thanks for the tip. the one i got was How to Cook Everything The Basics: All You Need to Make Great Food by Mark Bittman

is that not what silver k is, essentially? a gallery? you could purchase works if you wanted to as well

Yeah I was going crazy trying to kill that lev 11 knight.

Were you able to hear me though? I'm using the ps camera and i think the microphone is too far away for voice to go through.

Had an epic strike after you guys left:

It was good fun last night :D

But no, I couldn't hear you, only background noise / speaker noise. I have had the same problem with the camera being too far away.

Axiom

Destiny is a fun game, even though I don't like first person shooters in general - you mix Halo and Borderlands and I'm pretty on board.

Shame I'm also terrible at first person shooters

New Shield tablet has awesome specs for only $300. Might have to grab one eventually

Yeah I was going crazy trying to kill that lev 11 knight.

Were you able to hear me though? I'm using the ps camera and i think the microphone is too far away for voice to go through.

lol yeah I wasn't doing any damage in there :(

Couldn't hear much, some far away talk and speaker feedback, that's about it.

You guys should be using the Gold headset! Awesome surround sound with a decent mic built in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom