• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

So in my continuing 'returning a DOA PS4 to Sony journey'

Got the whole return form/prepaid label printed.

Anyway..now with that I'm kind of left wondering what next. I mean the form says to just take the bare console to Australia Post with the label and they will send it away. I'm just confused about the whole packaging thing.

I mean...do I wait on the replacement and use that box to send the bad one back? And if not I assume Australia Post will just get me to pick out normal postpacks to put it in. Just what is the best way to package it? A padded bag that it fits in would seem unsafe for a plastic thing. I thought maybe put it in a padded bag and the with added bubble wrap put that in a postpack box.

Anyone returned a console to Sony console before via post?

find a box that will fit the ps4 and some padding (where ever you get it from), stick the label on the box, take it to post office. and it'll go from there.

Then when you recieve you fixed/replaced system, keep THAT box. just in case

send the console only- no controllers or cables.

Never sent to Sony but Xbox 360 and usually got the fixed system back in a week and a bit. That was to techtronics? or something similar

Yeah the 360 return boxes were just plain ole cardboard box. Find whatever is around the house that will fit the PS4 and put some bubble wrap or newspaper in there for it to bounce around against.

Or maybe the pre-paid thing includes a box from AusPost. Not sure. That would be cool! Should say on the email from Sony whether or not you have to provide the box though.

Rahk

Last time I got a box from AusPost the item was a bit loose so I asked about it and they filled the gaps with air cushions so it wouldn't move around for no extra charge. So maybe just wrap the PS4 in padding/bubble wrap and see if they'll do that if you have no boxes lying around.

Shaneus

Woo! I got friends! What's your PSN Shaneus?
I think it's Shaneus2k2. Might just be "Shaneus". Try the first one :)

I thought Ford was shutting down?
Yup. But someone mentioned Holden shutting and how much it sucks for Geelong. Truth be told though, the motoring industry through failing to foresee the need for smaller, more efficient cars has been repeatedly shooting itself in the foot for the last 30-40 years. Sucks to see such a massive industry here shut down, but the government are just putting good money after bad.

Marvel Puzzle Quest on Steam? That's something.
Oh god, I hope it doesn't sync with the iOS one. If it does, I'm fucked.

Blitzball ate up at least a thousand hours of my time. Really accessible while still having an insane amount of depth to it.

Favourite sports game of all time is FFX.

I will lose my life forever once FFX HD hits Vita.

I'm sorry, Triple Triad is the best FF of all time

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Today, IGN can confirm that the spirit of Sony Liverpool has officially returned, and it’s done so in the form of Firesprite, a studio made of remnants from the defunct studio. The team’s first project together was helping a still-functioning Sony-owned developer – Studio Japan – with the bundled-in PlayStation 4 game The Playroom
Paging Shaneus

Indeed. Watching Abbott stumble over his words made me grin, but a sad day. RIP.

I've gone nearly a month without seeing his stupid act, glad I didn't have to hear him vomit all over Mandela's memory.

FUME5

Anybody going to be playing Warframe or War Thunder on the PS4? Did most of my multi gaming on the 360 so my PS friends list is virtually non existant.

Quasar

Yeah the 360 return boxes were just plain ole cardboard box. Find whatever is around the house that will fit the PS4 and put some bubble wrap or newspaper in there for it to bounce around against.

Or maybe the pre-paid thing includes a box from AusPost. Not sure. That would be cool! Should say on the email from Sony whether or not you have to provide the box though.

It did. It was a giant box and one roll of bubblewrap, which was not sufficient, but I was required to use their gear. So I had to bring the smaller, old bluray player box, back home. So whilst its covered in way more bubblewrap it will now move around in the box. Really didn't like that, but if thats the require packaging by Sony they can't complain to me when device is worse for wear due to moving around in their box.

Quasar

What a surprise. Talkback full of folks complaining that its all the unions fault getting auto workers decent wages and conditions for the Ford/Holden pullout.

bomma_man

So my dream of simultaneously watching test cricket and playing Mario is over. As soon as I turn my Wii U on I completely lose all TV reception.

LOL.

jambo

Absolute gold. If anyone wants to question why humanity should still exist look at the comments on his (one line) story on the death of Mandela. Awful stuff

The comment section is amazing

"Mandela was not a true freedom fighter. He was a communist."

"When he was arrested he was a terrorist. The ABC are now referring to him as an “activist”.
Soon they will be calling Hitler a humanitarian. "

"Perhaps your understanding of the word ‘slave’ differs from mine. All blacks in South Africa, even under Apartheid, were paid for their labour. Whether they were paid adequately is debatable .

I find it an insufferable drag to discuss South Africa with anyone NOT interested in truly understanding Apartheid and South Africa. Similarly to the Leftist ideologues rewriting Australian history, so to with South Africa’s history.

You think because you’ve read a book or seen a movie about South Africa you understand everything. You don’t. Stop pretending. "

"After the loss of Saddam and OBL this must come as a terrible loss to those who supported terrorism and their ways. "

"He seemed to be just another glory-seeker to me. Did he actually do anything, apart from change one form of apartheid into another? "

oh sorry

"Ditto obama,they know he is black,and thats about it.
and if you dont vote for and say nice sucky things about black ‘leaders’ then youre a evil nazi racist.
sigh."

"When he was arrested he was a terrorist. The ABC are now referring to him as an “activist”.

"Perhaps your understanding of the word ‘slave’ differs from mine. All blacks in South Africa, even under Apartheid, were paid for their labour. Whether they were paid adequately is debatable .

I find it an insufferable drag to discuss South Africa with anyone NOT interested in truly understanding Apartheid and South Africa. Similarly to the Leftist ideologues rewriting Australian history, so to with South Africa’s history.

You think because you’ve read a book or seen a movie about South Africa you understand everything. You don’t. Stop pretending. "

"After the loss of Saddam and OBL this must come as a terrible loss to those who supported terrorism and their ways. "

"He seemed to be just another glory-seeker to me. Did he actually do anything, apart from change one form of apartheid into another? "
If there were more communists like Mandela the world would be an amazing place.
You guys know many South African expats?

I'd bet money I know what a few have been up to this morning
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeDk6ZeGNnU

Ha that's gold. They can be pretty umm.....short? That said I've got a good mate who's South African and he's one of the nicest people I have ever met. He even supports the Wallabies. When they aren't playing the Springboks

Quasar

Can I burn the internet down now?

Gazunta

Why not just pay attention to people who have brains

Seriously just stop paying attention to people who have to resort to leaving messages on newspaper websites in order to feel like their opinions are being heard because their kids don't talk to them any more

Omikron

Why not just pay attention to people who have brains

Seriously just stop paying attention to people who have to resort to leaving messages on newspaper websites in order to feel like their opinions are being heard because their kids don't talk to them any more
can I subscribe to your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom