• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Shaneus, did you ask why AIDS research got more funding than Pinball in Australia?
I submitted that exact question, but they didn't respond :(

Shaneus has a GF?

News to me!
Indeedily-doodily! Started going out two months ago, was "official" a month later :)

Looking good Shaneus!

What was the taping like? Did Tony come out beforehand to warm up the crowd with some celebrity impressions or something?
Warmup was done by Michael Pope (who used to host some kids game show I'm sure) and he was quite funny. Prior to that, the organist who played the opening theme performed a bunch of other songs on the worlds second biggest organ (ooh, matron!) first. Let me tell you, you've never heard the Simpsons theme until you've heard it on that thing. Was pretty fucking awesome.

Tony's super quick as well, very switched on. Glad it was a subject/panel that was more about discussion than debate, too. Very happy I went!

Shaneus

Yo Gaz (and other Brisbanite geeks): Brisbane Pinball Finder is a blog/map thingy organised by an ex-Victorian who helped setup the only real tournament here in Vic. Check it out, make the most of what's already been submitted... and submit some yourselves!

I8cozGIl.png

Girlfriend to my left (in the glasses) :)

Growing the beard out, nice!

Anyone in Melbourne listen to gold 104.3?

Was on this morning for a Girls Vs Boys trivia competition. Won $104.30 and will be on tomorrow to keep the juice running!

Ha!

Nice, congratulations. I mostly listen to Gold but of late the ads have multiplied and I keep on switching to Smooth fm or Geelong's bay fm.

So, who saw me in the #qanda audience last night?

Nope. You should have waved.

Gazunta

BAH. The place up the road was closed. THANKS FOR NOTHING SHANEUS I WALKED TEN MINUTES FOR NOTHING *lies down and catches breath for an hour*

But yeah I'll keep this handy to add more around the traps!

I hate this house. Nothing but problems since I moved in. The most recent annoyance is that I can't get cable installed despite it being available in my area because of some height regulation business. Stupid flat modern design

Jintor

finding a japan input --> au output power converter that has an earthing pin or something that'll get around the problem is mad cray cray. stupid non-japanese earthing pin electricity thing

Darren870

Nice, congratulations. I mostly listen to Gold but of late the ads have multiplied and I keep on switching to Smooth fm or Geelong's bay fm.

Nope. You should have waved.

I'll be on tomorrow at 7:45 - 8:00 if you want to hear me make a fool of myself! Game was at like ~7:50 today.

Yo Gaz (and other Brisbanite geeks): Brisbane Pinball Finder is a blog/map thingy organised by an ex-Victorian who helped setup the only real tournament here in Vic. Check it out, make the most of what's already been submitted... and submit some yourselves!

This is great! Made a submission, and I'll be sure to add any others I find. Errr, I seem to recall there being one at the Grosvenor
topless
bar on George St. I might have to go back and investigate, for science!

1 hour 13 minutes = Time taken by Westpac customer service to fix an $18 overcharge on my account.

"I'm sorry sir, we don't understand this charge on your account"

"Yeah why else do you think I'm calling you genius?"

Finally got the Kinect setup, and voice commands have been working flawlessly for me. The sole exception seems to be "Xbox On", which doesn't work at all. In fact when I follow the trouble shooting instructions from the MS website (the Australian site I might add) it provides the following helpful advice:

The “Wake up Xbox by saying ‘Xbox on’” setting must be selected in Power & startup.

This would be awesome if that setting existed. An internet search reveals that as of a few months back, other people seemed to be reporting the same issue, i.e. that this setting did not exist. But allegedly an update in March or something activated the feature. But then some other people are saying it didn't activate it for them. This is all rather confusing. Do other AusGAFers have any similar issues?

That's the difference between us, cods. You probably paused and thought to yourself "should I really be this juvenile? Aren't I better than this? Don't I deserve to hold myself to a better level?" Where as I saw cookie's post and said "awwwwwwwww, sheeeeet. I gots me a multi ball joke. Yes I does. Yes... I.... Does..." And then proceeded to type out my reply as I childishly laughed to myself.

That's the difference between us, cods. You probably paused and thought to yourself "should I really be this juvenile? Aren't I better than this? Don't I deserve to hold myself to a better level?
I've been trying to kill my internal monologue and conscience slowly, but they're just too resilient. Got any tips? Alcohol and video games don't seem to be as effective as I'd hoped.

You just need to remember that the internet is anonymous. There are no repercussions for saying anything to anyone. I'm not accountable for what I say to other people. In fact, I don't even think about other posters on the internet as people. They're just avatars with no feelings. It's also important to believe that you have a right to say whatever you want to say and that if someone else doesn't like it, it's their problem, not mine.

Good morning AusGAF! Would you like to see a comic I made about STREET FIGHTER ALPHA? Of course you do:

Nice one! I remember trying to select Akuma in Street Fighter Alpha using some bullshit code I read about in a magazine. It was totally bunk, but it ended with the random select function and I just so happened to actually land on Akuma.

Fast forward several years, and the local arcade had Alpha 3 for 50 cents a game and a bunch of people would hang out there everyday versing each other. I got my arse handed to me severely and was forced to actually learn how to play well. That was university for me... spending hours at a time playing Street Fighter at the arcade.

Jintor

I'm still sad ultimate marvel never came out for arcades. There's a game I actually know how to play.

Ninty should invest in smash bros arcade machines

You just need to remember that the internet is anonymous. There are no repercussions for saying anything to anyone. I'm not accountable for what I say to other people. In fact, I don't even think about other posters on the internet as people. They're just avatars with no feelings. It's also important to believe that you have a right to say whatever you want to say and that if someone else doesn't like it, it's their problem, not mine.

I am sure it becomes easier as one frequents internet forums/comment sections, but I have trouble detaching myself sometimes :p

Not in a "losing my shit" way, just a slightly frustrated way.

Shaneus

Oh god, OlliOlli is out on Steam today! Home sick, very convenient. Ahem.

Edit: Even more awesome, if you unzip pak0.pak, you can get to the music in .ogg format. Woo.

I am sure it becomes easier as one frequents internet forums/comment sections, but I have trouble detaching myself sometimes :p

Not in a "losing my shit" way, just a slightly frustrated way.
Why don't you just shut the fuck up and get off the internet until your vagina no longer interferes with your ability to act like a damn man!

I regret nothing!!

I hope you're taking notes, cods.

Rizzi

I finally decided to play the copy of DKC: Tropical Freeze that I bought like a month ago.
I don't know what is up with this one level in world 2, but it's like, the hardest god damned level in any platformer that I've ever played.

radaxian

I finally decided to play the copy of DKC: Tropical Freeze that I bought like a month ago.
I don't know what is up with this one level in world 2, but it's like, the hardest god damned level in any platformer that I've ever played.

Yes, I would agree it's teh hardest platformer you've ever played. And it gets harder.
Great game but I gave up with the third boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom