• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manax

Going to the Grampians (Halls Gap) tomorrow for 3 days

anyone have any advice about which walks are good?

otherwise I will just man up and google that shit.

Edit. Top of page, just ranked damn you AusGAF I have been sucked into the csgo hole
Pvdp3Qul.png

Fredescu

When I was a kid I had an old relative with a huge macadamia nut tree and whenever we would go over there, we would always run out the back and smash open macadamia nuts with bricks. So I like macadamia nuts, but unless they're fresh with an occasional brick dust crunch, it just isn't the same. I prefer store bought pistachios to store bought macadamias.

Peanuts aren't a nut >_>

Yes yes and tomatoes aren't a vegetable, but everyone knows they really are anyway.

When I was a kid I had an old relative with a huge macadamia nut tree and whenever we would go over there, we would always run out the back and smash open macadamia nuts with bricks. So I like macadamia nuts, but unless they're fresh with an occasional brick dust crunch, it just isn't the same. I prefer store bought pistachios to store bought macadamias.

Oh yeah, freshly brick cracked or bust!

I think I preordered TLoU at dick when they first had a good deal (59 I think 1-2 months back). It dropped to 49 at one stage I think? Will that be the price I wind up getting it for in the end? Or the full 59?

The term vegetable is just an arbitrary, non-biological/botanical term definition, anyway. A list of items only passed down via tradition and without any ironclad definitions to help people identify what's really a vegetable.

What's a vegetable? A plant used in savory entree and main course dishes. Apart from the cases where actual fruit are used in main courses/entrees, in which case they get to retain their fruit status and are not considered vegetables (except in the cases where fruit are only considered vegetables and people think you're an arsehole for pointing out that they're actually fruit). Also, to help you classify them for yourself, vegetables can be consumed raw except for the ones that you can't because they need to be cooked in order to remove toxins. Plants deemed as vegetables are usually grown above ground but can also be grown in the ground and be considered botanically as part of the roots and tuber family. They can also be grown on vines, too. Or on stalks, except for the ones that belong to the grain family. Oh, and mushrooms can be considered a vegetable, too, just to chuck in a completely random non-plant curveball, cause, fuck you, that's why.

See, if you just follow the simple rules I've outlined, you too can easily identify what is and isn't a vegetable.

I think I preordered TLoU at dick when they first had a good deal (59 I think 1-2 months back). It dropped to 49 at one stage I think? Will that be the price I wind up getting it for in the end? Or the full 59?

$49. The deal was, put down $10 pre-order and you pay $49 total. Should be automatic in their system. If they try to pull some shit tell them to look at the catalogue from 2 weeks ago.

Quasar

Well..slightly surprised I see Sony has priced TLoU Remastered on the Australian PSN store for 62$, which isn't as terrible as I thought. So thats what 10$ above the Amazon digital code price?

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
2nd non annual Radgaf meetup official list thingy

Where:
The elephant. Off Rundle St, Adelaide.

When:
September 20th 2014

Who:

Going-
Dead Man
Lucian Cat
Mr Tone
Jambo
Frawdder

Maybe-
Dryk
Vormund
friend of Lucian's

Join us peeps.
I may or may not be drunkely visiting this place afterwards. All are welcome to join me

Going to the Grampians (Halls Gap) tomorrow for 3 days

anyone have any advice about which walks are good?

otherwise I will just man up and google that shit.

I went there 3 years ago so don't remember the names of the tracks. There is one at the base of the hill that leads up to one of the smaller waterfalls, it was pretty disappointing due to the waterfall being non existent. You should probably skip that.

Also death there is some waterfall track I think may avoid if I see it

Silverband falls.

If you're driving from Melbourne, just before Ararat, there is a scenic route that takes you past some windmill farms. From what I can recall, Boroka lookout has a great view of Victoria valley. There's also a walk that leads to Reed lookout. The only waterfall worth seeing is the MacKenzie falls, which is quite a walk uphill on the way back.

You're going at a decent time of the year, I went in January and was sweating like crazy.

PS+ next week is pretty fantastic, especially for Vita gamers!

Entering PS Plus:
6th August: Road Not Taken (brand new game) for PS4
6th August: FEZ for PS4/PS3/Vita
6th August: Crysis 3 for PS3
6th August: Proteus for PS3/Vita
6th August: Metrico (brand new game) for Vita
6th August: LEGO Harry Potter 5-7 Years for Vita

So that's 2 PS4 games, 3 PS3 games and 4 for Vita.

MAKE SURE TO GRAB THESE BEFORE THEY ARE GONE!

Leaving PS Plus:
6th August: TowerFall Ascension
6th August: Strider
6th August: Dead Space 3
6th August: Vessel
6th August: LEGO Batman 2 DC Superheroes
6th August: Doki Doki Universe

My son is actually really enjoying LEGO Batman 2, it still misses a lot of the 360 version stuff that I like but it runs miles better than LEGO LOTR.

The Mildura honey wheat beer is outstanding. Had 3 already, don't feel like trying anything else.

I wanted to last night, but they closed the bar at 10:30pm :(

I'm going back in a few hours to pick up a carton, they are selling mislabeled cartons for $36 only :)

Yarp, I really like the beer up there. Awesome price on the Choc Hops too!!!

Holy crap this has been the busiest six months of my life. Seriously understand why Japanese people barely sleep now, there is just not enough time. Finishing off my last assignment as we speak and then I'm off to the Nagoya cosplay Summit and Mt Fuji for climbing and that haunted hospital everyone raves about. Anything interesting happen these past few months? Honestly surprised there isn't a new thread.

Not there yet, leaving Tokyo orientation tomorrow morning

Jintor! If you're free we should chill. Kobe is not that far from Mie.

Deeku

Holy crap this has been the busiest six months of my life. Seriously understand why Japanese people barely sleep now, there is just not enough time. Finishing off my last assignment as we speak and then I'm off to the Nagoya cosplay Summit and Mt Fuji for climbing and that haunted hospital everyone raves about. Anything interesting happen these past few months? Honestly surprised there isn't a new thread.

:O

Hi! Good to hear you're having a blast in Japan, so jelly!

Totally understand how you feel, it's the same here in HK. People work like crazy and it's go go go go all the time. Was a semi shock at first but I kinda love it now.

that and their pillows are too sexy to ever be used for sleep ;D

Jezabel

After living in Sydney for awhile I can confirm
Melbourne>Sydney

Or maybe that's just my home bias getting in the way. But seriously Sydney what the fuck is up with your traffic?

hamchan

After living in Sydney for awhile I can confirm
Melbourne>Sydney

Or maybe that's just my home bias getting in the way. But seriously Sydney what the fuck is up with your traffic?

As the place where the Brits first landed, Sydney has evolved with a random hodgepodge of roads while Melbourne, established later, has the benefit of better urban planning.

Jezabel

As the place where the Brits first landed, Sydney has evolved with a random hodgepodge of roads while Melbourne, established later, has the benefit of better urban planning.

Definitely, Sydney is all unnecessarily loopy, Melbourne is all nice and regimented.

Although I've been catching public transport to work lately, and Sydney public transport is pretty good, especially getting out to ermington (my suburb)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom