• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure I saw a poster with the 7th listed, too. I have no idea what it's about and why people are so excited about it.

I do know it has Bradley Cooper playing a rat or something, Chris Pratt is apparently now buff, and people are comparing it to Star Wars.

Thanks for the clarification rep and jables.

The lack of decent villains in the marvel universe (Loki excepted) is why DC will always be superior in my books.
also, BATMAN

http://villagecinemas.com.au/

GotG not listed on "Now Showing". The Coming soon page has 7th listed.

Can't find any mention of sessions now on the site, but they were there on Friday listed with "ADV" tag, meaning advance screening. So fucking strange.
Huh that's odd indeed! No indication of advanced screening at our cinema website.

Makes sense I missed that info though since I don't watch TV or see much advertising around. The only GotG movie posters I've seen have been on the internet!

I have no idea what it's about and why people are so excited about it.
Majority of reviews are positive and word of mouth is hype.

That's generally why people get excited about movies ;)

Plus its seen as the first big risk from Marvel in years. GotG are basically unknown and take the franchise into a whole new galaxy/style/etc. Was meant to be the start of their experiment, along with Antman, to see if they can print money regardless of the IP used.

Also James Gunn is a fun film maker. Really enjoy his style, even in Lollipop Chainsaw!

Also the big one, trailers looked great and fun. A good trailer will go a long way to getting people hyped.

I was being facetious :( Is shitty water still a thing over there? I'm sorry if it is, I honestly didn't realise it was still an issue :/

Can't recall the taste but my string of dentists over the years all tell me the fluridated water there is the only reason I still have teeth!

Pretty sure I saw a poster with the 7th listed, too. I have no idea what it's about and why people are so excited about it.

I do know it has Bradley Cooper playing a rat or something, Chris Pratt is apparently now buff, and people are comparing it to Star Wars.

I was excited because the books are great and it's Marvel taking possibly their biggest risk since starting the MCU.

Then add all the fantastic trailers, great soundtrack and the word of mouth is going gangbusters.
Plus the movie is actually really great.

Stackboy

Seeing GotG this Friday, sounds like a lot of you got to preview screenings this weekend.

Anyone else finding themselves in a gaming lull at the moment? Nothing much is taking my fancy.

jambo

Hopefully seeing Guardians this weekend

Also, the only good thing about winter:

z8hvncDh.jpg

ahahahahaha

Like anyone would get excited about anything returning to Adelaide. Unless it was drinkable tap water.

Still a better track than Melbourne.

Used to be the favourite track of a lot of F1 stars.

Omikron

Seeing GotG this Friday, sounds like a lot of you got to preview screenings this weekend.

Anyone else finding themselves in a gaming lull at the moment? Nothing much is taking my fancy.

Nope. Just about finished my second full campaign in EU4. This time as the Ottomans. Empire spreads from the Balkans through to China and Japan. ~70-80 years left to complete my goal of owning all of Japan. So many rebels though.

Here is an oldish screenshot. Dai Viet are now part of my empire, also Shun, Zhou and Xi dont' exist thanks to myself and Russian incursions.

More up to date one.

Then also been played CS:GO with AusGAF.

Majority of reviews are positive and word of mouth is hype.

That's generally why people get excited about movies ;)
Nah, there was a ton of hype before it even came out. Just seems odd to me because as far as comics go, it seems virtually unknown. It'll be interesting to see if it has any legs once all the fans of the comics and general comic fans have had their fill.

I was excited because the books are great and it's Marvel taking possibly their biggest risk since starting the MCU.
Yeah, their films have become pretty predictable in the last few years. Usually solid or better, but not really any surprises.

I'm neck deep in Black Flag and The Wolf Among Us. Enough to keep me going for now.

I don't know how old this is but I like it. And possums.

3bWezBA.jpg

Well la de da! Aren't you a fancypants

A good friend of mine is profoundly deaf and watching live TV like news and sport is a riot. So many spelling mistakes, backspacing on the fly, not even bothering with large sections...

Uh wow if AC Unity actually hits all these marks I will buy it day one no doubt. So many improvements that have been needed for a long time now.
Adaptive missions are the number one thing that can turn this franchise around for a lot of people sick of it.

hamchan

Uh wow if AC Unity actually hits all these marks I will buy it day one no doubt. So many improvements that have been needed for a long time now.
Adaptive missions are the number one thing that can turn this franchise around for a lot of people sick of it.

Well, it's still the same sort of missions we've been playing for ages now but at least they let you choose kinda. I know I'm just gonna immediately say fuck any tailing mission and will just start running after my targets from the start.

Shaneus

So, I'm here on my THIRD attempt at a cure for my strep throat/tonsillitis thing, because I broke out in a rash from the second thing which was amoxicillin. So now I play the waiting game AGAIN, but this time I'm all itchy :/

Still a better track than Melbourne.

Used to be the favourite track of a lot of F1 stars.
Until they died, then their opinion became worthless! Mwahaha.

Shame that Melbourne is near the top of the list by default because of all the other Tilke shitshows during the rest of the year :/

2GB GTX760 for $229 plus postage seems like a great deal. Wish I did my tax already >_<
Really? I should do some comparisons to my current setup, wouldn't mind getting rid of these fucking ATI cards. Still perform great mind you, but software support is shithouse :/

Gazunta

LEAVE KRISTEN BELL ALONE YOU MONSTER

Super Monkey Ball 3DS was on sale at Big W. For $15 it was alright. It's the kind of game I like to play on a handheld. It's got regular Monkey Ball and a Monkey Ball Kart racing game and a Monkey Ball Smash Bros game in it. I like monkeys. 5/5

jambo

Until they died, then their opinion became worthless! Mwahaha.

Shame that Melbourne is near the top of the list by default because of all the other Tilke shitshows during the rest of the year :/

Tilke is slowly, but surely ruining the sport. Just imagine in 10-20 years when all the tracks have wide sweeping corners with 100 metres of run off and no where to overtake...

Hey Fred/Cookie, is that a good deal on the GPU?

What's the cheapest way to get a PS4 thesedays here? Is it worth importing? Best value w/ inclusions / etc?

Dick Smith sale. They have one basically every week.

Has been as low as $434 with Wolfenstein The New Order.

I'll post in here next time it's under $450.

Shaneus

Tilke is slowly, but surely ruining the sport. Just imagine in 10-20 years when all the tracks have wide sweeping corners with 100 metres of run off and no where to overtake...
He really is. More than anything Bernie is doing with the rules, it's the tracks that are dictating how easy it is to overtake and how exciting races are to watch. Thanks to him, the result is "not very".

At least we're in agreeance of that, but it's pretty hard to be not of the same mind :(

PS. DK2?
6hhWmRa.jpg

PS. Hey AusGAF, I want to get a BT controller for my iOS stuff, either PS3 or PS4. What's the cheapest I can get one of those at the moment? Doesn't need to be official, as long as it still feels like a well-built controller (so it can be Logitech or whatever).

jambo

That woman is frightening. It's like she's all leg and ass. Not to mention the bolt-ons.

What about The Mentor? Look at the difference between his chest and his waist!

He really is. More than anything Bernie is doing with the rules, it's the tracks that are dictating how easy it is to overtake and how exciting races are to watch. Thanks to him, the result is "not very".

I'm pretty sure DRS was literally invented just to make overtaking a possibility on Tilke tracks.

Yrael

Huh that's odd, even IMDB has us listed as 31st July.

But yeah, even our country cinema has had one screening a day. Had no idea they were advance screenings! Didn't see that listed anywhere.

Yeah that IMDb page fooled me too, as I was originally planning to see GotG on the 31st. I ended up booking an advancing screening ticket for Friday evening though on the 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom