• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

I'm pretty sure DRS was literally invented just to make overtaking a possibility on Tilke tracks.
And KERS (when it was push-to-overtake) :/

What about The Mentor? Look at the difference between his chest and his waist!
7LPS1ugm.jpg

Congrats. Having your own double down, I see...
Making me laugh, hurting my throat. Being an unintentional cunt is the worst kind of cunt.

Edit: Speaking of gym memes/humour, everyone should watch this. Still hilarious.

Being an unintentional cunt is the worst kind of cunt.
This may come as something of a shock to you, but it's not the first time I've been called "the worst type of cunt." And I'm going to say to you what I said to the last person that called me that: Go fuck yourself, Mum. You better hope my wish doesn't come true when I blow out my candles.

Good memories.

Wife had an ultrasound today. Still having twins.
Good news, keep the buns in the oven!

Those pieces of poop at The Good Guys cancelled my earphone order I made the other day.
My money hasn't been refunded yet so hopefully I'm still all good :/

I've eaten it twice, it's actually pretty nice!

Congratulations Omi! Little siblings to knock around for your current :)

Odd burger, says supercharged zinger sauce on the bottom but it tasted like the nacho cheese sauce they had a while back, the weird relish on top was super weird. Seems like a "what the fuck do we do with all this leftover promo sauces!?!" burger.

I'm pretty fucking disappointed how easily it went down. I really need to change my eating habits >.>

2993kJ for fucks sake!

Hey Fred/Cookie, is that a good deal on the GPU?

Dick Smith sale. They have one basically every week.

Has been as low as $434 with Wolfenstein The New Order.

I'll post in here next time it's under $450.

Yeah that's what I thought. Cool, no reason to buy above $450 as long as I can simply wait for the meantime!

Quasar

Odd burger, says supercharged zinger sauce on the bottom but it tasted like the nacho cheese sauce they had a while back, the weird relish on top was super weird. Seems like a "what the fuck do we do with all this leftover promo sauces!?!" burger.

I'm pretty fucking disappointed how easily it went down. I really need to change my eating habits >.>

2993kJ for fucks sake!

Meanwhile I happily chowed down on a box of ten wicked wings last night.

Space Dandy is the best thing to happen to anime everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Second season has been flawless so far. Dig in!

Cook a meal or take a packed lunch you porkies.

Dinner time! One night a week we will have takeaway food, today the boy wanted McDonald's so the wife and I treated ourselves to KFC!

Treated is the wrong word though >.>

Def Thai food next week, without a doubt.

Shaneus

This may come as something of a shock to you, but it's not the first time I've been called "the worst type of cunt." And I'm going to say to you what I said to the last person that called me that: Go fuck yourself, Mum. You better hope my wish doesn't come true when I blow out my candles.

Good memories.
Depends what you're blowing your candles out of.

Shaneus

Mine are still getting delivered, apparently! Woop! I think it depended on where it was getting sent from. Mine said they were posted from Geelong.

I hesitated and then tried to find the GGs deal, but they took it down. Looks like the rest of you all jumped onto it at the same time and they were just slow to update it.

Anyone in Brisbane who enjoys beer, I'd recommend picking up a couple of Birra Del Borgo Italian beers from the BWS on Albert St near Botanical Gardens. They are half price at the moment. They are nice... very nice!

A good friend of mine is profoundly deaf and watching live TV like news and sport is a riot. So many spelling mistakes, backspacing on the fly, not even bothering with large sections...

Oh man, I'm very familiar with how awful they can be. Having to rely on them would be dreadful. I remembered ths episode of Mediawatch about why captions are so shit. Basically $$$

You know the only thing, THE ONLY THING, I hate about meat?
The orange fatty stain it puts on plastic/etc.

That shit is irritating as fuck to clean off >_<

jambo

I played a shit load of Stunts, a similar game on PC.

The track editor was pretty cool, giving you near endless re-playability.

Also Don Mattrick was the lead designer on it...

I want to get into Spider-Man comics but don't know where to start. might go to a random store and buy a random Spidey one and see how I go

anyone got a recommendation on a good series?

hamchan

I want to get into Spider-Man comics but don't know where to start. might go to a random store and buy a random Spidey one and see how I go

anyone got a recommendation on a good series?

Ultimate Spider-Man. The one that started in the year 2000. Great for most of its run.

jambo

Agreed about Ultimate Spider-Man.

Best way to get in to it imo. Modern origin story and re-tooled in a lot of good ways.

Kritz

Banned

These vending machines are great. Not only do they attempt to charge your card before you even get your drink, they also don't bother to check if the card reader fails. Just had the card reader crash on me, and this was the result.

I wonder if the charges will go through or if they will work out that I didn't actually get a drink, and even if I did, no drink in their inventory is worth seventeen dollars.

Since this could be argued to be only sorta kinda political, I feel ok about posting this in this thread.

http://www.themonthly.com.au/issue/2014/august/1406815200/malcolm-knox/supermarket-monsters?

An amazing comprehensive article about the Coles/Woolworths duopoly.

Yarp great article.

2 decades ago my family moved to NW Victoria onto a wheat/sheep farm. We only had a small amount of land but it was enough for us to make a good living with grain and sheep cycling through the year. The vast majority of farms within a 200km radius were similar, families or extended families running farms without huge overheads or staff wages.
Within a decade the vast majority had sold out or sold in. The prices of neccessities such as chemical sprays, grain, etc had risen steadily but the selling price for meat and grain out of the farms hadn't risen with them. Most small scale providers that remain have to tend 3-4 times as much land to make solid enough profits to live on.
Going back to that farming region now is despressing as all hell. Despite almost all the land being used it feels desolate and unmanned. Sad time to be a farmer in some places :(

Also directly linked to that article, in the runup to Murray Golbourn taking over the homebrand Coles milk contract last month they slashed staff and projects to a huge degree. Most of the milk tankers are driven by an external company rather than internally now, with wages up to a third less and less regulation of the drivers/tankers/routes. Our company didn't have a painting contract renewed despite rave reviews internally out at MG (as all those middle managers would made redundant) and overseas buyers doing continual checks at MG demanding perfection in terms of paint/flakes/etc (as you would expect after the issues in NZ a while back with paint flakes in the powdered milk). Most of the quality control has been slashed and morale is generally terrible, especially with a lot of unemployeed ex-MG workers kicking around the town now.

jambo

I wonder if there's a "collection" book or something I can get. I can't afford $100+ for the #1 comic lol. could find a PDF or something I guess

You could try Marvel Unlimited. Smart phone & tablet app plus a website that lets you read a whole bunch of digital comics for a monthly sub.

Also you should be able to find collected volumes of Ultimate Spidey at a comic book store.

AusGaf, we meet again. Sorry for my hit & run random non-contributory discussion / questions.

Does anyone know, or has there been word as to whether Destiny will have Aussie servers?

Rizzi

Marvel Unlimited is a pretty good subscription if you want to read something new without having to spend like $20-$30 on a trade paperback.
It does have the entire 2000-2009 run of Ultimate Spider-Man if you're interested.

Got my fines from Vic Police today, $295 and 3 demerits for speeding in a school zone and $74 for no licence. Honestly very fair. I paid for the fines online, no stress. Bit poor now though ;_;

You could try Marvel Unlimited. Smart phone & tablet app plus a website that lets you read a whole bunch of digital comics for a monthly sub.

Also you should be able to find collected volumes of Ultimate Spidey at a comic book store.

Funnily enough I was checking out that app while on break earlier and was wondering if it had a website equivalent. Good to know it does. I dunno if I can afford another monthly sub thing, though.

Was pretty awesome. Reminded me a bit of Bioshock.

That's exactly what I posted on fb when I saw it recently :)

Does anyone know, or has there been word as to whether Destiny will have Aussie servers?

Not sure, Bungie hasn't confirmed it yet afaik, but chances are it will remain p2p. There wasn't any lag in the beta pve and most of pvp. I only noticed massive amounts of lag in pvp on the last day of the beta, but that was probably due to the server stress test.

Here's a video I saved, the lag was crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVsspq26NLs&list=UUNM-C8HtkJalUOe-juqC8tw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom