• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

More CSGO

A great first half

eezWamw.jpg

A pretty even second half, but we did enough to win it

Giant mode activated

A close half on the horrible Cobblestone

An easier second half, some great clutch moments from our random

Aon and his toilet...

Mmmmm gaming side is going to be delicious all week, I can already tell. More on edge than even E3 was!

Technically it was routing, not DNS.

Sorry, I'm not an IT guy I just read Twitter :(

I have no knowledge of my own, I just regurgitate what I read on the internet in every aspect of my life :)

Gazunta

Nice feeling waking up to seeing certain AusGAF members making my phone blow up with messages about Geo Wars 3, love you guys :)

FUCK YEAH! Crackdown 3 and Geo Wars 3, that's enough to make me buy an Xbox One
two years from now

I made a comic about the old 1984 Bruce Lee game! CHECK IT OUT

It is a day off work today! I am finally getting to see Guardians of the Motherfucking Galaxy Bitches YEAH!
not the official title

The new Working Dog show starts tonight on ABC! It is called Utopia but I understand Alyson Whyte is not in it. What a misleading name!

If GeoWars3 isn't on Vita I will fucking cut people I swear. Perfect platform for it.

You played Super Stardust Delta on it yet Gaz?

Wait, that's not knowledge?

Well, understood knowledge I mean. Rather than just copy/paste information without knowing the correct usage and context required lol

Shaneus

I'm hoping against hope that if Activision are willing to bring back Geometry Wars and get old Bizarre people back on it, then maybe the same could happen with Blur (as long as it's not another iOS freemium POS).

It is a day off work today! I am finally getting to see Guardians of the Motherfucking Galaxy Bitches YEAH!
not the official title
I'm seeing it tonight, really looking forward to it. Starting with dinner at Pancake Parlour first, yeah.

Rep, any news on TxK for PS4? Seems like the sort of thing that might get announced at Gamescom. Or any extra stuff on Driveclub? Or Horizon 2 for 360?

PS. On that GW3 article, I hate it when websites use ambiguous/localised naming conventions for times of the year. "Holiday period"? What the fuck is that?!?

You played Super Stardust Delta on it yet Gaz?
Did I tell you I bought it (finally)? It's really good.

Awesome! I've only played a few times but its super polished and fun. I don't have enough time for all dees games :(

Rep, any news on TxK for PS4? Seems like the sort of thing that might get announced at Gamescom. Or any extra stuff on Driveclub? Or Horizon 2 for 360?

Already announced ports didn't get any time. Might be playable by now? Not sure, I'll keep an ear out the next few days. Nothing on Minters twitter?

Driveclub was shown, same as always. The launch retail edition has 2 stickers with it, some early unlocks. Eh. Pretty much all detailed at this point I think.

Horizon 2 talk was all X1 baby. Driveatar baby. Also social baby. Eh. Probably more info on the Sumo version on the show floor tbh.

Dead Man

Saw Guardians last night. It was good. It wasn't great. But it was good. Too many times it felt like they were afraid of having 3 seconds silence so they threw in another 'funny' line.

Yay 5 day weekend, *hugs ekka holiday*
So I was curoius about the origins of Ekka, and google/wikipedia provided me this:
It was originally called the Brisbane Exhibition, however it is commonly called the Ekka, which is a shortening of the word exhibition.

What the hell QLD, what kind of shortening is that? Come on people, you can do better.

Shaneus

Already announced ports didn't get any time. Might be playable by now? Not sure, I'll keep an ear out the next few days. Nothing on Minters twitter?

Driveclub was shown, same as always. The launch retail edition has 2 stickers with it, some early unlocks. Eh. Pretty much all detailed at this point I think.

Horizon 2 talk was all X1 baby. Driveatar baby. Also social baby. Eh. Probably more info on the Sumo version on the show floor tbh.
You rock, Hansel. Thanks for being my eyes and ears!

How much longer do we have until it's over... Sunday? All chances of seeing something rad are done by then?

You rock, Hansel. Thanks for being my eyes and ears!

How much longer do we have until it's over... Sunday? All chances of seeing something rad are done by then?

Unlikely. All the playable games were announced weeks ago, the big announcements were kept for the conferences. Already been going 2 days now. I expect a dripfeed of details on already announced stuff on PS Blog and the like. A few random looking Vita titles have been announced on there recently.

Danoss

Genius fans are probably already aware, but Jinho seems to be returning for Season 3. The first victim of Season 2, Hweejong, will also be returning. I'm quite happy to see both of them back. Jinho needs no explanation; Hweejong seems very talented and intelligent, but played overly aggressive and was incredibly arrogant which led to his downfall. If you've been watching Crime Scene, Kang will also be joining the Genius cast.

I believe Genius Season 3 is set to begin airing sometime this month.

Has anyone else been watching the show Bumdidly is currently subbing, Abnormal Summit? I've been thoroughly enjoying it, very funny.

Rahk

Genius fans are probably already aware, but Jinho seems to be returning for Season 3. The first victim of Season 2, Hweejong, will also be returning. I'm quite happy to see both of them back. Jinho needs no explanation; Hweejong seems very talented and intelligent, but played overly aggressive and was incredibly arrogant which led to his downfall. If you've been watching Crime Scene, Kang will also be joining the Genius cast.

Has anyone else been watching the show Bumdidly is currently subbing, Abnormal Summit? I've been thoroughly enjoying it, very funny.
Haven't really been following Genius news, so that's good to hear.

Only watched the first episode of Crime Scene but have been meaning to continue with the rest. Does it improve?

I've been catching up on season 3 of 2 Days & 1 Night so haven't watched any of Abnormal Summit yet, but I'll be sure to check it out. Sounds interesting.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

where do you get your genius news? I tried to google it a few weeks ago to see who won season 2, or find anything about a season 3 and could find nothing with my bad googlefu. and i didnt feel like trawling through TL threads..

You'd probably want to familiarise yourself with it before you leave, look at lenses, etc. At such short notice, it may not be worth it if taking photos ends up being more effort than it should be. I don't know your photographic experience, so I'm basing that on using a (comparatively) rudimentary P&S.

If you wanted something a little better but still simple to use, the Canon S120 would be my choice. Best value P&S out there without spending upwards for one with a larger sensor. The Fujifilm X20 is about as high up as I'd suggest. Sony's RX100 II and III are quality but their price is absurd and approaching the 'forget about getting a P&S, there's much better options available if you spend a little more' range.

If you want to push for something more that has the image quality to match a DSLR (if not better in many cases) but not the bulk that comes along with it, there is the Fujifilm X100S. I have the X100 and I love it to bits, but the X100S is something else entirely. It takes some getting used to, but it's totally worth it. If you like the 35mm equivalent focal length, you could buy this camera and not want for another.

Thanks Danoss! I looked through the camera equipment thread a little bit but it's hard with so many cameras out there and then it's just one person's recommendation. Which yours is too but you're Danoss. ;)

The S120 does look pretty great for its price! I don't think at this stage I'd go as high the x100s but the x20 certainly looks appealing. A few peeps in the previously mentioned thread where talking about the Fujifilm X-M1. If you're familiar with it, what do you think of that vs the fixed lens x20?

Oooooh I was not aware of this. Great news!

Danoss

Haven't really been following Genius news, so that's good to hear.

Only watched the first episode of Crime Scene but have been meaning to continue with the rest. Does it improve?

I've been catching up on season 3 of 2 Days & 1 Night so haven't watched any of Abnormal Summit yet, but I'll be sure to check it out. Sounds interesting.

I skipped past the episodes with Henry as he had quickly worn out his welcome. Later on they change the format to only one episode per crime, so the pacing is a lot better. The way the show works is still the same.

It's the personalities that bring the entertainment for most of it. The evidence is usually over the top and it's hard to deduct who the criminal is. It can't be any other way or else it would be stupidly easy. I still find it enjoyable.

where do you get your genius news? I tried to google it a few weeks ago to see who won season 2, or find anything about a season 3 and could find nothing with my bad googlefu. and i didnt feel like trawling through TL threads..

SA forums is where I get the bulk of my Genius news, they have a dedicated thread in TV IV. Some of the folks there find media releases and such from Korea and share them. It's handy having those who understand Korean in that thread able to translate them, because google translate is mostly useless. The rest is just whatever is posted on Bumdidly's twitter or tumblr.

Thanks Danoss! I looked through the camera equipment thread a little bit but it's hard with so many cameras out there and then it's just one person's recommendation. Which yours is too but you're Danoss. ;)

The S120 does look pretty great for its price! I don't think at this stage I'd go as high the x100s but the x20 certainly looks appealing. A few peeps in the previously mentioned thread where talking about the Fujifilm X-M1. If you're familiar with it, what do you think of that vs the fixed lens x20?!

That camera thread used to do my head in. I ended up abandoning it a long time ago.

With the X-M1, you're stepping into the interchangeable lens category. Things get a lot more complicated, the competition is quite strong and there a multitude of options. To be more helpful, I'd need considerably more knowledge on Fuji's range of lenses than I currently have.

Generally speaking, I think the X-M1 (and similar models by other brands) sits in an awkward middle-area between a point and shoot and a full-featured mirrorless camera. Compromises are made to meet a certain price point and they don't seem worthwhile to me. The lack of a viewfinder is the main drawback that makes the added bulk you'd be carrying around feel a lot less worth the inconvenience.

dinopoke

Jambo, were you playing a bit of UT today? I think I saw you when I hopped on to the Australian server. Man, I'm so rusty in arena shooters.

jambo

The team for the night (plus Fogz off screen)

We got off to a decent start

The opposition then quickly pulled away

But we rose to the challenge and brought the match right back

But the comeback was not to be

Jambo, were you playing a bit of UT today? I think I saw you when I hopped on to the Australian server. Man, I'm so rusty in arena shooters.

Yeah I hopped in for I think 3 maps. 2nd map I was leading for a little and then just killed myself over and over with rockets and came 3rd.

I actually had more kills than the winner, but also about 6 more deaths =\

Looking forward to classic remakes like Deck-16, Morpheus and Hyperblast.

Geometry Wars 3 yeaaahhh!

Please have an updated Pacifism mode. That's my favourite of them all and I still play it at least once a week. Last I checked I was in the top 200.

I'm also super pleased it's going to be multi plat. I was concerned Microsoft would publish it, and Geom Wars 3 is one of the few games that would really tempt me to get an Xbone.

Geometry Wars 3 yeaaahhh!

Please have an updated Pacifism mode. That's my favourite of them all and I still play it at least once a week. Last I checked I was in the top 200.

I'm also super pleased it's going to be multi plat. I was concerned Microsoft would publish it, and Geom Wars 3 is one of the few games that would really tempt me to get an Xbone.

If Microsoft published it they could put it on the PC too! They sell an operating system after all!

I've spent probably 6 hours reading people playing P.T at this point.
I lasted a total of 3 minutes playing last night. Might feel better if the wife is the one playing lol

Silent Hills is likely to be fucking amazing. P.T is pretty fantastic even just as a teaser tech demo kinda thing. Graphically incredible, really creepy and intersting backstory to piece together, the best audio/visual/setpiece horror game in the last decade (probably even surpassing Amnesia by the sounds of it!), perfect lighting to creep you the fuck out, just the right amount of weird as fuck disgusting shit AND the jump scares seem to be really frontloaded almost in a loltrope way.

Did not expect that from Kojima and his crew. Awesome that it's a free piece of marketing too :)

:)

I'm interested in how Fable 3 sold on PC. It was a SHIT game but would be a good case for 'get yo games on PC MS' if it made a port profit.

Fuck even Lococycle ended up on PC!
SHIT game but was only 50c lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom