• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

If you love 70s music the soundtrack is fucking spectacular.

01. "Hooked on a Feeling" - Blue Swede
02. "Go All the Way" - Raspberries
03. "Spirit in the Sky" - Norman Greenbaum
04. "Moonage Daydream" - David Bowie
05. "Fooled Around and Fell in Love" - Elvin Bishop
06. "I'm Not in Love" - 10cc
07. "I Want You Back" - The Jackson 5
08. "Come and Get Your Love" - Redbone
09. "Cherry Bomb" - The Runaways
10. "Escape (The Piña Colada Song)" - Rupert Holmes
11. "O-o-h Child" - Five Stairsteps
12. "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" - Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell

jambo

Speaking of Marvel films...

C0Tk08Ph.jpg

The Giant

Banned
Does anyone know where some of the best places at the sydney markets where I can find cheap retro games? Or is it just luck most of the time?

Kritz

Banned
I think I expected something much more from GOTG, because I was a little underwhelmed by it. The movie was well written and the characters were pretty alright and I liked the moments where they tried to subvert expectations of being a dumb popcorn movie while still having the advantages of a dumb popcorn movie. I dunno, I just felt that I wasn't very entertained for large portions of the movie. I hated the cold open, I didn't care for any of the action scenes with the exception of the prison fight, and in general I didn't like the romance plot between green lady and fallout new vegas. Like, just take those two characters out and have it be a movie about Sassy Squirrel and The Botanical Giant.

also maybe if your maguffin backstory is so boring you have a character pointing out how boring it is, maybe don't bother telling it at all.

also maybe
if you shoot a bad guy with a rocket launcher to skip a boring 1v1 sibling rivalry fight maybe don't have a boring 1v1 sibling rivalry fight

I dunno, movie was fine, 5/5 stars

y'all should see Ernest and Celestine but I'm not sure where you would even go to see it but it's a pretty sweet movie about a sassy squirrel and a bear and racism or fascism or something!

Shaneus

80's comedy, friend. All about the gays and the faggots. Lots of unspoken desire I think. I do love Dices ability to fuck with his audience though.
Pretty much. That reminds me, I need to watch Eddie Murphy's standup from last year or whenever, then do a side-by-side with Delirious. Doubt very much that Dice is anywhere near as offensive as he was in the 80s, but hell... I just wanna see Ford Fairlane in person.

Gazunta

What the FUCKING FUCK is that Marvel thing and how can I buy one right this second

Still haven't seen Guardians. HURRY THE FUCK UP WEDNESDAY DAY OFF

Quasar

The universal praise from this board jars with the other non-GAF review I've had about Guardians: "a collection of disappointing scenes interspersed with occasionally witty dialogue. What plot?" so I'm not sure I'm going to bother now...

The only complaints I've really seen is the whole 'yet another supers origin movie built on much of the same tired template'.

I haven't bother because I was sick to death of live action supers movies back when Iron Man 2 came out. Still have no interest. Which kind of sucks given the flood and how the subgenre has crowded out most everything else.

The only complaints I've really seen is the whole 'yet another supers origin movie built on much of the same tired template'.

I haven't bother because I was sick to death of live action supers movies back when Iron Man 2 came out. Still have no interest. Which kind of sucks given the flood and how the subgenre has crowded out most everything else.

It's not really a Superhero movie tbh.

Gazunta

If anyone in AusGAF has experience with hiring arcade cabinets for functions, I'm all ears.

If Mana Bar really don't want my money I'll make my own Mana Bar for the night, shrug

Shaneus

If anyone in AusGAF has experience with hiring arcade cabinets for functions, I'm all ears.

If Mana Bar really don't want my money I'll make my own Mana Bar for the night, shrug
Fuck hiring one, you don't know anyone who has one? Or didn't you have an SF2 cabinet? Shouldn't be too hard to buy a multi-game board and stick it in there.

Or maybe check out Aussie-Arcade, there may be people on there who would loan you something for a slab or whatever (rather than get charged through the arse by going through a proper company).

Get a pinball machine or two as well, damnit.

Gazunta

Oh I plan on having like half a dozen of the bastards, so my SF2 cabinet alone won't do the trick, and I'd hate to annoy my friends to lend theirs out for the night.

I will definitely check out Aussie-Arcade! Thanks for the heads up :)

And yeah I won't say no to pinball ;)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I think it was rep that said it?

Guardians is a bit like mass effect 1.
Shows you enough of the galaxy to make you want more.

It's also very very fifth element (also said here I believe?) and also a bit district 9.

Scifi, fun. Not super hero film.

Shaneus

No shit, I received this email *just now*:
Dear Mr Shaneus

Exetel has received our supplier's Rejection Advice for your application that was submitted to Exetel on the 2008-09-10. All rejected applications are automatically inactive and hence closed until further action from an authorized person for the application.

Below indicates your rejection reason for the selected Broadband plan - NONPHONE C with Order ID EXE-122035.

Please find Exetel has received advice that ADSL2 is not supported on your current telephone line. This maybe due to; The combined effects of distance, copper quality and path has been deemed according to our suppliers simply incapable of effectively providing a reasonable speed. This may be also due to your telephone line actually being connected to a sub-exchange en-route to the main exchange. Call your local line rental provider to confirm if you are connectd to a sub-exchange or RIM as the medium used between the sub-exchange and main exchange are usually fibre optic (and hence not suitable for ADSL2)

Best regards,
Exetel Provisioning Team
Phone: 1300 788 141
Email: provisioning@exetel.com.au

What in the fucking fuck?!?

Danoss

No shit, I received this email *just now*:

What in the fucking fuck?!?

The bit about "effectively providing a reasonable speed" is pretty damn funny though. A previous friend of mine was with Exetel and the speed of his connection was incredibly poor. I'm talking frequent difficulty maintaining 150KB/s poor, which is being quite generous as 1/3 of that was not uncommon.

He contacted them about providing an acceptable service and a reasonable speed. They told him that such a thing is not defined and there was nothing that could be done. 'Go pound sand', essentially.

So yesterday, then 13 days before I go overseas, it occurs to me to maybe take a camera other than the 100 dollar point and shoot I got years ago. Does impulse buying a DLSR sound like a terrible idea and which bloody one to get?!

jambo

I sat and recorded a 37 minute CSGO demo to ShadowPlay and the file it output at 720p/60fps is just under 10GB...

It'll take me 26 hours to upload to YouTube.

Just cancelled the upload, probably going to re-record it at 30fps seeing as it's YouTube. Should halve the filesize.

Darklord

Banned
So I came back from a Europe holiday, ready to look at buying a car and a new computer and found out my work has gutted my shifts. My manager has given them all to other guy. He knew I wanted them permanent, I asked over and over for a year for more contracted days, I've been there for 7 years, he even said he'd contract me on for better shifts when I got back. So now I have a grand total of 10 fucking hours per week. 10. I'm fucked. :(

With this one, possibly $49.98 for Destiny PS4/XBO from DSE.
Yup makes it $55 posted even though the code shouldn't actually work on it due to being under $50 ;)

Prefer to pickup day one though for an extra $5. Happy with $60 yet again (Watch Dogs, Wolf).

So I came back from a Europe holiday, ready to look at buying a car and a new computer and found out my work has gutted my shifts. My manager has given them all to other guy. He knew I wanted them permanent, I asked over and over for a year for more contracted days, I've been there for 7 years, he even said he'd contract me on for better shifts when I got back. So now I have a grand total of 10 fucking hours per week. 10. I'm fucked. :(

Sorry dude, hopefully if you do well in that 10 hours he will change his mind :(

Stackboy

I'll probably be shunned for this but the COD:AW MP announcement overnight actually looks really cool. I love the future settings and the gameplay looks more like BLOPS2, which is my fave COD game.

I'll probably be shunned for this but the COD:AW MP announcement overnight actually looks really cool. I love the future settings and the gameplay looks more like BLOPS2, which is my fave COD game.

I'm quietly confident it will be a return to form. Ghosts was the only CoD that was outright terrible to play online.

MTE

I sat and recorded a 37 minute CSGO demo to ShadowPlay and the file it output at 720p/60fps is just under 10GB...

It'll take me 26 hours to upload to YouTube.

Just cancelled the upload, probably going to re-record it at 30fps seeing as it's YouTube. Should halve the filesize.

Nice! I'll be interested to see how it turns out.
I played around with ShadowPlay with my new PC a bit, but my internet's so bad that there's not a lot of point recording much, as I'll never have it uploaded to YouTube in a reasonable timeframe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom