• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezbit

So I tried the "zinger stacker". Aside from cleaving a few days from my life expectancy, all I will say is that less really is more when it comes to KFC.

I'm pretty mild mannered and calm most of the time but I DO NOT FUCKING STAND FOR BEING IGNORED >_<
Doing my best not to go fucking nuclear over a work issue. Wish people would wake the fuck up and recognise the gravity of their decisions before I have no other option.

Someone just told me I should buy an Occulus Rift. Now I am torn.

Wait for a bunch of compelling software and/or avoid a hardware refresh unless you plan do to some dev with it.

Rizzi

So I tried the "zinger stacker". Aside from cleaving a few days from my life expectancy, all I will say is that less really is more when it comes to KFC.

I ate one of those kentucky burgers last week. Wasn't the worst thing I've ever put in my food hole.

Aww yeah, stuff up our automated family income estimate thingy which made us think we were out a ton of money but realised they marked the wife done as earning $8000 a year as a stay at home mom/volunteer lol. Stupid automated systems!

I ate one of those kentucky burgers last week. Wasn't the worst thing I've ever put in my food hole.

Yeah I had one the other day as a "last yuck meal" type thing and it was SATURATED in the coleslaw. Terrible idea.

The bacon made up for it though.

Rizzi

Aww yeah, stuff up our automated family income estimate thingy which made us think we were out a ton of money but realised they marked the wife done as earning $8000 a year as a stay at home mom/volunteer lol. Stupid automated systems!

Yeah I had one the other day as a "last yuck meal" type thing and it was SATURATED in the coleslaw. Terrible idea.

The bacon made up for it though.

Mine wasn't thankfully. I can understand how that would make a burger hard to eat though, heh.

The Giant

Banned
Man, I have been on a ebay buying spree in the last week

So far I got:

Gamecube freeloader $22
Baten Kaitos $25
Baten Kaitos Origins $68
Resident Evil Archives $25
Resident Evil Zero Archives $26
Dinkey Konga 3 $22
Ghost Trick $20
Glory of Heracles $17

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
For those who read books, what do you recommend? They can be any topic, food, self help or whatever you want to call it, novels, etc.

Starting to enjoy reading while on the train these days, might try and get a collection of great books to start reading.

legend166

For those who read books, what do you recommend? They can be any topic, food, self help or whatever you want to call it, novels, etc.

Starting to enjoy reading while on the train these days, might try and get a collection of great books to start reading.

The Way of Kings + Words of Radiance.

If you are going to read Sanderson start with Mistborn. Or even Warbreaker as that is a great little stand alone fantasy book from him. Plus then you will recognise all the cool references when you get round to the other books.

What genres do you like? How heavy? Short books or long books?

Oh and do you have an ereader?

Gazunta

I've said it before and I'll say it again, How To Win Friends And Influence People changed my life
hopefully for the better, but that's for other people to judge

Mad at myself for waiting until 2010 to read it. Life would have turned out very differently if I read it years earlier.

Fredescu

I think you'd like Vonnegut. Dark humour, easy to read, sci fi elements but not really sci fi genre if that makes sense. Check out Cats Cradle and Slaughterhouse Five.

Dimefan3

I've said it before and I'll say it again, How To Win Friends And Influence People changed my life

Mad at myself for waiting until 2010 to read it. Life would have turned out very differently if I read it years earlier.

I've got that in my bookshelf, still need to give it a good read.

Shaneus

I concur completely. Learned a lot from that book.

Are you telling me that greeting people thusly:
"Good Morning, Cunt"
is not correct?

Fredescu

You could include some praise and appreciation in there Gaz.

Good morning Clive, you cunt, I'm impressed that your pants are on the right way this morning, and *sniff sniff* they appear to be recently washed, how's life in Seattle?

Is win friends and influence people a self help book or a manipulate other people book

It's kind of how to not be a cunt and still get things done.

Shaneus

Did Chris Traeger write How To Win Friends And Influence People? Because that totally seems like the kind of thing he would do.
Written by Dale Carnegie in the 1930s. The name is more reflective of specific, no-nonsense naming of the day, whereas obviously now it seems quite sociopathic. Can assure you the book is nothing of the kind (I had the same initial problem with it).

Bought that on Kindle just now.

also, for reference, if you describe the Eastside (where I currently live) as part of Seattle, a Seattlite will throw hot, weak coffee in your face.

I've done up a quick map
ScreenShot2014-08-14at43851pm.png

Stackboy

Did Chris Traeger write How To Win Friends And Influence People? Because that totally seems like the kind of thing he would do.

Anne Perkins!! Me and my fiance are doing a rewatch of parks and rec at the moment (she's never seen it). We are binge watching, it's fantastic.

Am I the only one who was really jazzed to see footage of Quantum Break? I'm not sick of cover based shooters and the time powers stuff looked super cool.

Also, gimme Forza Horizon 2 on Xbone now!!

Sony had some cool stuff as well (Wild looks great) , but I was more excited for MS's press conference offerings.

Anne Perkins!! Me and my fiance are doing a rewatch of parks and rec at the moment (she's never seen it). We are binge watching, it's fantastic.

Am I the only one who was really jazzed to see footage of Quantum Break? I'm not sick of cover based shooters and the time powers stuff looked super cool.

Also, gimme Forza Horizon 2 on Xbone now!!

Sony had some cool stuff as well (Wild looks great) , but I was more excited for MS's press conference offerings.

Yeah first time watching for us, watching an ep or two before bedtime. Really awesome show, had a bad lull at the start of Season 4 but everything else has been gold.

QB footage was disapoint only because I like the non-shooty bang moments of Alan Wake a LOT more than the shooty. Looks to be the same here, I just down't like the 1-2 punch combo they require. Still will play without a doubt!

Why are telstra getting even worse with data on their phone plans. I had 3gb a few years ago, dropped down to 1gb on a similar plan price wise. After 2 years figured they would have increased again. Nope.

Why are telstra getting even worse with data on their phone plans. I had 3gb a few years ago, dropped down to 1gb on a similar plan price wise. After 2 years figured they would have increased again. Nope.

Similar to ALDIMobile, $35 for 3gb for about a year, super happy. Now 1gb for Large and XLarge plans. I'm looking elsewhere

Yeah I grabbed Diablo despite my Diablo loving mate not jumping on board. I'll keep an eye out for you in co-op! Had fun playing Destiny with you already!

Destiny will be an instore pickup though. Worth paying the extra $5 to have it 4-5 days before AusPost bother to deliver it to me :)

$47 for next gen versions of Wolfenstein: The New Order.

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=wolfenstein

Crap, knew I forgot to copy/paste that on here from Twitter >_<

Killzone Shadow Fall is $48. I even made a AusGAF mod link to them!

On that note while driving 4 hours I missed FIFA 15 is $55 posted from Dick Smith using FRIDAY15 code for you weird sickos that are into that stuff (looking at you 0mi and Choc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom