• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Cut sugars and wheat and you're golden. With that said, unless you stick with it going forward you'll just pile on the kilos again once you fall back into you're old ways.

Maybe have a read of this http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=869633

Yea. That's the one thing I know will happen, But I intend to not go back to my old ways.

I finished reading why we get fat and as you do, started looking at carbs in a different way. The fact that my gluten free weetbix and a milo at night is around 40-50 carbs every day, I'm thinking of simply having eggs + something else for breakfast and maybe a tea at night. That change alone should help.

I also have fructose malabsorption, So I need to be careful of that. I can't have wheat to begin with!

The plan, right now and it's one I will be working on over the week, is to change my breakfast and drink at night. Include more vegies into my diet and tweak a little bit of my dinners. Lunch at work is usually chicken/meat with a salad, so that's all good. I may put vegies in there instead to mix it up.

I've also be cutting down on dinner sizes as it seems to be helping with my gut pain in general.

I'm at least positive about this change. It's easy enough to do and while I might not go straight for 20 carbs a day, I'm in no rush to shed the excess weight. Switching out some of the unhealthy habits for healthy ones should be enough to start the process.

Yea. That's the one thing I know will happen, But I intend to not go back to my old ways.

I finished reading why we get fat and as you do, started looking at carbs in a different way. The fact that my gluten free weetbix and a milo at night is around 40-50 carbs every day, I'm thinking of simply having eggs + something else for breakfast and maybe a tea at night. That change alone should help.

I also have fructose malabsorption, So I need to be careful of that. I can't have wheat to begin with!

The plan, right now and it's one I will be working on over the week, is to change my breakfast and drink at night. Include more vegies into my diet and tweak a little bit of my dinners. Lunch at work is usually chicken/meat with a salad, so that's all good. I may put vegies in there instead to mix it up.

I've also be cutting down on dinner sizes as it seems to be helping with my gut pain in general.

I'm at least positive about this change. It's easy enough to do and while I might not go straight for 20 carbs a day, I'm in no rush to shed the excess weight. Switching out some of the unhealthy habits for healthy ones should be enough to start the process.

Ah, that's good you've done some research and not jumped in blind.

Do you know what goes really well with eggs in the morning, bacon! I have bacon and eggs (and cheese) everyday, I used to have weetbix and would be starving by 10am. Now I'm good til lunch time.

Change all your drinks to water, no real point drinking calories (scotch and beer excluded).

You do sound positive/informed about it all which is a very good start.

congratsonthesex.jpg

No. Its pretty much the only brand I buy. Now WD, thats a brand I've had trouble with.
Yeah I've got WD with no issue lol

Hey rep, any idea what's the best (i mean the cheapest) place to pick up Diablo 3 UE tomorrow in-store?

Made up my mind at the last minute and now I want it to keep me busy till Destiny releases.
$65 preorder today at Dick Smith, otherwise it will be $75 at launch tomorrow. Worst case scenario you preorder today and if its cheaper tomorrow get them to price match, they did that with Watch Dogs.

Good to hear! Stay positive and you'll hit on the right balance.

jambo

I did some grown ass adult things last night. I've never felt more grown up than I did last night and today.

u4GLZug.jpg

Hahaja I knew you guys would go to that. More mundane than that unfortunately! My gf and I wanted to take her little sister to the snow as we've had a lot of issues getting her up there. the mountain was closed couple weeks ago and such. Little sisters dads birthday is on Saturday and the plans to go was on Sunday and there was this huge tiff about it and essentially her mother was letting other people push her into making the little sister not go. So I got all grown ass and talked to her and the other people about it and got them to change their minds by being calm and assertive and shit.

It was such a fucking ridiculous situation and we needed to go this weekend or we have to wait till next year. but yeah, I feel good today. :)

also we got a ferret in our wild area a couple days ago. I want one

r1chard

Need cheap headphone recommendations for running, go!

For running? Buy any cheap crap at Big W or similar. They're gonna get all gunky and sweaty and you're not out there to enjoy high fidelity sound while you're pumping away. And anything light and good sticks into your ear and you do not want that while you're running - if only because of the percussive thump from your foot strikes.

I currently run with a pair of $10 el crappos from Big W and that's enough to get the general gist of the music (and running app cues) over the general sounds of running. Also I won't be sad when I do have to chuck 'em because they're full of salt/earwax :)

kyser73

Hey all, hope everyone is well.

Updates in the life of a Pom in Brisbane...

Went to my first Ekka. Ate more chocolate than my daughter, have decided a 12" Dagwood dog is the height of culinary awesomeness.

Despite having my consoles back I haven't got back into playing yet :(

Bought a car at the weekend. Cherry red '06 Golf FSI, and it makes me grin while I'm driving it :)

Currently in Byron on work-related travel, missing the fam bit have discovered the ABC video game TV show which combines good reviews (Dark Souls 2 DLC with the guy raving about its bastard difficulty level), news (stuff about Crytek) and a good pair of hosts.

There's also a show called 'God in Games' on Sunday @ 1830 on ABC 2.

Anyway, enough telly chat - welcome to all those new PS4 owners thanks to Dick Smith!

Is there going to be a BrisGaf meet at some point?

For running? Buy any cheap crap at Big W or similar. They're gonna get all gunky and sweaty and you're not out there to enjoy high fidelity sound while you're pumping away. And anything light and good sticks into your ear and you do not want that while you're running - if only because of the percussive thump from your foot strikes.

I currently run with a pair of $10 el crappos from Big W and that's enough to get the general gist of the music (and running app cues) over the general sounds of running. Also I won't be sad when I do have to chuck 'em because they're full of salt/earwax :)

Meant more ones that's won't fall out, tried running within iPhone earphones which sucked, but less so with them under my jumper. Providing I can hear the c25k app and some music I'm happy.

Hey all, hope everyone is well.

Updates in the life of a Pom in Brisbane...

Went to my first Ekka. Ate more chocolate than my daughter, have decided a 12" Dagwood dog is the height of culinary awesomeness.

Despite having my consoles back I haven't got back into playing yet :(

Bought a car at the weekend. Cherry red '06 Golf FSI, and it makes me grin while I'm driving it :)

Currently in Byron on work-related travel, missing the fam bit have discovered the ABC video game TV show which combines good reviews (Dark Souls 2 DLC with the guy raving about its bastard difficulty level), news (stuff about Crytek) and a good pair of hosts.

There's also a show called 'God in Games' on Sunday @ 1830 on ABC 2.

Anyway, enough telly chat - welcome to all those new PS4 owners thanks to Dick Smith!

Is there going to be a BrisGaf meet at some point?

That dagwadog (Pluto pup) was the best one I've ever had. Shocked me how good it was.

Pretty happy our cops don't have this kind of shit (hopefully?).

BvYYJu2CYAAh5Pv.jpg

Give it time. It's insane that local cops in America are given hand me down weapons from the army. And by weapons I mean tanks.

Top show, guys. 4 cities in the top 10 of 140 cities considered, and the first thing we do is start dumping on each other.

At least we're not in Port Moresby.

I'm curious, what are the metrics they use for each category?

From the link:

Melbourne outperformed 139 cities to top the Economist Intelligence Unit’s Global Liveability Survey and achieved a perfect score in healthcare, education, sport and infrastructure.

The scores are calculated by assigning every city a rating across categories including stability, healthcare, education, infrastructure and culture and environment.

The best-scoring cities tend to be medium in size, located in wealthier countries and have relatively low population density.

Eight of the top ten most liveable cities are in Australia or Canada.

how far to walk to get a latte.

Maccas has drive-in mcafe now.

Hipsters! I read a thing about people getting into stranger's cars thinking they are from Uber or Lyft. "Are you Lyft? If not, can you be Lyft and take us here?"

r1chard

Meant more ones that's won't fall out, tried running within iPhone earphones which sucked, but less so with them under my jumper. Providing I can hear the c25k app and some music I'm happy.
Ah, right. Given that everyone's ears are shaped differently I'm not sure you'll be able to get general help on that :(

Stackboy

I could do with a Brisgaf meetup, but it would have to be post-wedding, October.

Soundwave lineup is really good, but unfortunately I have a wedding to pay for. Would love to see Faith No More again, Soundgarden and The Aquabats are great live.

Ah, right. Given that everyone's ears are shaped differently I'm not sure you'll be able to get general help on that :(

Saw some "sporting" Sony ones which hook up over your ear so might try them.

Hipsters! I read a thing about people getting into stranger's cars thinking they are from Uber or Lyft. "Are you Lyft? If not, can you be Lyft and take us here?"

I wouldn't be getting into a strangers car, especially in the states, you could get shot!

Saw some "sporting" Sony ones which hook up over your ear so might try them.
I've used IEMs and over ear IEMs when running, and as long as the fit and seal are good, it doesn't make any difference.

Just find ones which seem robust as they get a lot of sweat or water or gunk or whatever in them, so even decent ones get beat up a bit. I'm using the only pair of IEMs I have at the moment, they're far too nice to use for running and I really shouldn't be using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom