• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stackboy

So who here is a fellow xbo owner?

No?

Just me?

Me! I literally came into the thread to ask if any other Australians have one and if they wanted to add me

Don't really post in this sub-community though:3 But my GT is randomrosso93 if anyone particularly wants to

Me too, my Xbox ID is Stackboy Royale for anyone who wants to add. So keen for Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive and the Master Chief cash cow,

Shaneus

So, it's now basically a demo?
Nope, just reduced content of the full game. You can still complete all the trophies and play multiplayer, just not access all the content. It's like getting Infamous SS and only being able to play the bad side or something. Kinda.

Sure i'll join whatever racing thing. I'm a bit salty there's no PS4 wheel support for Logitech but I'm guessing Driveclub will be fairly arcadey.

Also 6 person club limit seems a bit low. I expected way more than that.
The Driveclub clubs aren't like clans as you actually benefit from others in your club playing the game in the form of money or whatever. Clubs are kinds like you are all the same player.

So, it's now basically a demo?

No it's basically shareware. You know, like back in the day with PC games? Or was that a callback to all the trolls going "lol just a fuckin demo huehuehue" over on gaming side for the past year?

senahorse

The Driveclub clubs aren't like clans as you actually benefit from others in your club playing the game in the form of money or whatever. Clubs are kinds like you are all the same player.

No it's basically shareware. You know, like back in the day with PC games? Or was that a callback to all the trolls going "lol just a fuckin demo huehuehue" over on gaming side for the past year?

Not really, it's just a case of semantics, shareware was really just a paid for demo (at least in the case of Wolf3D, Jill of the Jungle etc), albeit a bigger portion than your typical demo. I still call what DC is, a demo (edit: maybe shareware is the better word considering you are paying for it in a way), if only for the backtrack (maybe perceived) of them going from free to PSN at PS4 launch, to, free* to PSN at PS4 launch (subset of full game).

I still call what DC is, a demo, if only for the backtrack of them going from free to PSN at PS4 launch, to, free* to PSN at PS4 launch (subset of full game).

Can you expand on that? People were saying straight from the announcement it wouldn't be the entire game, it was called PS+ edition after all.

EDIT: Ah you mean you have a differing definition of 'demo' to the standard one, which is fine. All good!

Fredescu

I still call what DC is, a demo

It's not. I would expect your typical racing game demo to have one or two tracks and one or two cars. Demo content typically doesn't last long at all. This is clearly further along the content continuum. I'm not sure there is a good name for it, but DriveClub-lite or something seems fitting.

senahorse

It's not. I would expect your typical racing game demo to have one or two tracks and one or two cars. Demo content typically doesn't last long at all. This is clearly further along the content continuum. I'm not sure there is a good name for it, but DriveClub-lite or something seems fitting.

Hence why I edited that shareware may be a better name for it, at least in terms of content.

Can you expand on that? People were saying straight from the announcement it wouldn't be the entire game, it was called PS+ edition after all.

Was certainly the impression I had around mid last year.

Here's the first tweet: https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/344284418032148480

From there it was expounded on with information as follows:

"Yes, the PS Plus version will be the exact same as the full version, except that it may be missing a few assets, such as cars or tracks, that will be found in the full version," Evolution said.

Mannnnnnnnnnn this has been a shit month. Wish I had a new game to dig into, like that one Dick Smith should have sent out on Monday rather than today >_<

Imma make a complaint to ACCC I think. Bullshit they take your money up front, say they will send you a game on 'x' day and then never do it, without informing you of the delay either. THATS the worst part. Don't lie to me. Just be upfront and say, "we ain't got shit in terms of stock" or "I can't be fucked puttin down this bong for long enough to package this video dealy up and post it out".

Nope. I doubt we will ever get it with free to air tv in Australia.

How come? It's all run through that Freeview company thing, seems like it would be easier to deal with than seperate companies. They were pimping set top boxes a while back.

Oh cool thought it was a Jambo thing so wasn't going to click it, I'll do it for you though Holy!

jk Jambo ;)

Is Hitman Go more an iPad or iPhone game? Is it even worth buying?

iPad I assume. Got rave reviews.

"Washes the shitty taste of Absolution out of your mouth" - 5/5 Kritz.net

senahorse

Ah oatmeal, I can always relate to you:

kids.png

Fredescu

I guess I worried about dirty nappies and whatever before having kids, but being elbow deep in shit and vomit is one of the easier parts of parenting. Try being a little persons moral compass and being judged harshly by other people for your choices, no matter what they are. Cleaning poo off the walls is a welcome respite sometimes.

senahorse

Man the more I use Amazon Web Services (AWS) the more I fall in love with it. It just took an hour to create a virtual private cloud (VPC), commission a VM running linux, register a domain, allocate storage, install and configure apache, mysql, wordpress, do firewall rules, lock down the linux/mysql access, create a temp website and publish it...before closing it down (AWS charge by the hour for usage of most services). That is a very simple setup for a website (i.e. no autoscaling, backup processes etc, all of which don't take much time either) but goddam no wonder it's spreading like wildfire and Microsoft and the rest are playing catchup.

Dang. Givin' the boy the budget genes, huh?

I'm sorry for your loss
of sight

If it's the worst thing that happens to him in his life you should be proud.

It's ok Reptile, like 60% of the population wears glasses.

Yeah I know. It's just something I can't change for him. Inevitability can have a powerful effect, especially when it's something that had been embraced negatively over a long period of time in your life.

His teeth are white as fuck and cavity free though! That's something I have a fair bit of control over thankfully :)

kyser73

So, judging from the DC club thread there's enough for at least one, possibly 2 AusGAF DC teams.

Now all we need is the game.

In other news...rainy eh? Do the QLD or NSW driving test teach how you shouldn't tailgate generally and specifically when it's raining so had you can't see cars 20-30m ahead? Or that using rear foglights I such conditions is a good idea?

Scary drive up from Byron this afternoon thanks to several Ute drivers clearly thinking that driving on my rear bumper was the only way to see me, and about half the drivers thinking 'Oh it's daytime I don't need to use my lights.'

Still, Byron was lovely, I've just eaten a beef & bacon Yatala pie and I'm back with my family after a week away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom