• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Giant

Banned
ibvBOKvmPfAqZK.gif

"I'll have a shit load of dim sims and a bucket of soy sauce"

"Is that a Argey shirt?"
"No it's a Bargey shirt"

Bargearse is a classic.

Card Boy

Banned
Can anyone recommend me some cider made from 100% apples (with no suger or other additives) instead of that lolly Swedish shit thats become popular?

edit: melbourne area.

Tommy DJ

I'm fairly sure that InternetAristocrat actually points to the removal of boob plate in Divinity: Original Sin as a shining example of feminism destroying the industry in one of his videos.

Kritz

Banned
guys I don't know if you've been paying attention but video games have literally been ruined because kotaku wrote an article a year ago that contained a half-paragraph mention of a browser game made by, of all things, a woman.

now, if you'll excuse me, I am going to threaten the life of everyone within two degrees of Phil Fish, causing every game developer to decide that video games aren't worth making anymore because the hobby is filled with mouthbreathing dumbfucks, and thus will have saved gaming, and penises, for the rest of time.

Not if you're the owner. Seems like it'd be a blessing.

Real answer: it depends on the person, really. Some people say yes, others, no. Dogs are ultimately a pack animal and enjoy as much contact as you can give them. Even if it just a presence with them - not necessarily direct attention - they are most content when there is someone with them. If you do decide to leave a dog alone for the day, just ensure they have plenty of stimulation around: toys, bones (including dry bones), and plenty of room to play in; it should reduce any opportunity of boredom that may result from the hours alone. Also making sure they get some good exercise in the morning before you leave them, this serves two purposes: they have less energy that they feel the need to release (usually resulting in naughty behaviour) and can result in them sleeping a lot of the time, thus reducing the number of hours they may feel bored.

Lastly, it's important that if you do have a dog that is alone for most of the day, that you make good use of the hours that you do have together. There is absolutely no use getting a dog if it's going to spend its days alone and then being ignored during the evening. Get a dog because you want to spend as much time as possible with it.

Stackboy

So, judging from the DC club thread there's enough for at least one, possibly 2 AusGAF DC teams.

Now all we need is the game.

In other news...rainy eh? Do the QLD or NSW driving test teach how you shouldn't tailgate generally and specifically when it's raining so had you can't see cars 20-30m ahead? Or that using rear foglights I such conditions is a good idea?

Scary drive up from Byron this afternoon thanks to several Ute drivers clearly thinking that driving on my rear bumper was the only way to see me, and about half the drivers thinking 'Oh it's daytime I don't need to use my lights.'

Still, Byron was lovely, I've just eaten a beef & bacon Yatala pie and I'm back with my family after a week away :)

I did the drive from Brisbane to Kingscliff (like an hour north of Byron Bay) in the rain on Saturday and was shocked to see the amount of people driving without lights on. Bonkers.

Sucks about PSN being down. Hoping its back up in a few days when that Infamous DLC comes out. Might go back to Second Son tonight and finish a few things off.

Danoss

I did the drive from Brisbane to Kingscliff (like an hour north of Byron Bay) in the rain on Saturday and was shocked to see the amount of people driving without lights on. Bonkers.

I see that quite often too. It should be surprising, but there are some incredibly stupid people out there.

A couple of weeks ago I was riding home when it was late at night without many cars on the road and vision was excellent. I was behind one other car waiting to turn right at an intersection where, on the street to the left, there was the only other vehicle in sight: a police car. We got the green light and the car in front of me did a U-turn.

When I saw the cop car peel out with its lights on, I laughed so hard that my glasses started to fog up.

I'm sick :(

Started as just the sniffles, then it became aches and now I'm shivering under this work camp's pitiful excuse for blankets. I'm due to fly home in two days too. What's the bet they don't let me on a plane in this state?

I'm sick :(

Started as just the sniffles, then it became aches and now I'm shivering under this work camp's pitiful excuse for blankets. I'm due to fly home in two days too. What's the bet they don't let me on a plane in this state?

you wanna make sure you're not stuffed up the day you fly because the ascent or escent can damage your eardrums. Have decongestants and vicks on hand.

My ex damaged her already poor hearing when she flew with the flu
small violin playing song from Toy Story 2

Hoon

Neo Member
I got still some bright pink stuck on my scalp even after washing my hair three times after the Color Run yesterday...

MoonGred

It would cost me 700 dollars to get the monitor I want

mein got

The gsync one? Or did you end up going for converting one?

Also wtf happened in the last week? Both the idle thumbs and scoops and the wolf podcast were talking about the internet being worse than usual. So confused, feel like I've avoided all this drama, no clue how though.

500 USD + 120 shipping for a pre-converted one. In AUD that's almost 700. 450 AUD for the base monitor if I source it locally and then 200 USD for the DIY kit, which is actually slightly more expensive I think.

Compare to 520 AUD for the AOC brand 1080 set. Only problem with that is no HDMI in.

Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom