• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklord

Banned
Australia Post had my new soundbar as "In Transit" and on its way to being delivered at 10:30am. Never arrived. God damn it. This is why they lose money by being so shit.

So, judging from the DC club thread there's enough for at least one, possibly 2 AusGAF DC teams.

Now all we need is the game.

In other news...rainy eh? Do the QLD or NSW driving test teach how you shouldn't tailgate generally and specifically when it's raining so had you can't see cars 20-30m ahead? Or that using rear foglights I such conditions is a good idea?

Scary drive up from Byron this afternoon thanks to several Ute drivers clearly thinking that driving on my rear bumper was the only way to see me, and about half the drivers thinking 'Oh it's daytime I don't need to use my lights.'

Still, Byron was lovely, I've just eaten a beef & bacon Yatala pie and I'm back with my family after a week away :)

Crashes galore, have seen 2 since it's started raining.

Good choice of pie.

Card Boy

Banned
Richard Smith killing it yet again. Taken from ozbargain.

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/158008

PS4
GTA 5 + Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
Assassins Creed Unity + The Crew
Fifa 15 + Driveclub
Destiny + The Evil Within
Driveclub + WWE 2K15

XBOX
GTA 5 + HALO Collection
FIFA 15 + Shadow of Mordor
Far Cry 4 + Destiny
Assassins Creed Unity + Forza Horizon 2

$60 each and you can mix and match. Cheaper than US prices when you take postage and currency conversions into account.

PS4
Fifa 15 + Driveclub
Driveclub + WWE 2K15

XBOX
GTA 5 + HALO Collection
Far Cry 4 + Destiny

$60 each and you can mix and match. Cheaper than US prices when you take postage and currency conversions into account.

Posted only, no pickup. At least it's guaranteed price match, although not sure how that will go in terms of postage cost.

Also you have to wait a week or more after release to get the damn thing >_<

Card Boy

Banned
Posted only, no pickup. At least it's guaranteed price match, although not sure how that will go in terms of postage cost.

I have gotten my DSE stuff within 2 days. I have ordered 4 times from them. It's only 4.95 postage for 2 items, not $9.90. edit: some people are reporting free postage though which i call BS on.

I have gotten my DSE stuff within 2 days. I have ordered 4 times from them. It's only 4.95 postage for 2 items, not $9.90.

Diablo 3 didn't get posted out until yesterday, no excuses or explanations from Dick Smith aside from "we post out day before release", yet that was a lie.

It's a good deal though! Just have to take that into consideration.

Shaneus

Yeah.

a) I don't want to risk having to wait even a day longer to play Driveclub. Honestly, going to be taking a day or two off for that shit. So excite.

b) The limited tin case version looks boss as hell. So I can't give that up.

Yeah.

a) I don't want to risk having to wait even a day longer to play Driveclub. Honestly, going to be taking a day or two off for that shit. So excite.

b) The limited tin case version looks boss as hell. So I can't give that up.

Where is the tin case from? All those games will probably be $60 in store anyway, I only jumped on the Diablo deal because it was $55 (sucks I miss out on the first week of ambient MP stuff though).

hamchan

PS4
Fifa 15 + Driveclub
Driveclub + WWE 2K15

XBOX
GTA 5 + HALO Collection
Far Cry 4 + Destiny

Welp, guess that's my holiday buyting done instantly. I'm ok waiting a week for their postage, so many games to play.

Card Boy

Banned
Welp, guess that's my holiday buyting done instantly. I'm ok waiting a week for their postage, so many games to play.

Yeah i could resist on that GTAV and Advanced Warfare deal for PS4, works out to about 62.50 per game when you include postage.

I should of mentioned the code is for anything over $99 to $299 so you can do it with released games aswell but it's killer deal for pre-order stuff.

Shaneus

Managed to get to HN for the cheap iTunes card, but lols they exceeded their number of activations for the day so I'll have to pick up my cards (likely) tomorrow. At least they're locked in.

MoonGred

Civ beyond earth (lol australian pricing) and Sunset Overdrive get.

Wish I hadn't already preordered Halo MCC from them for 10 more.

How does steam work with retail games? Can you just redeem the code?

I'm in need of a new router, the range of the current one is a joke so I've been looking at a few and am ready to bite the bullet, they're all around 200$ which is fine, I'd just like to know if it will actually do what I'd want it to do. What would be the best shop to get it from/return it if it doesn't work properly.

When you install the game it goes through steam. Think Half Life 2 retail disc back in '04. At least, that's the way it worked for Civ 5. I'm assuming Beyond Earth is going to be in the same boat, a steamworks title.

MoonGred

When you install the game it goes through steam. Think Half Life 2 retail disc back in '04. At least, that's the way it worked for Civ 5. I'm assuming Beyond Earth is going to be in the same boat, a steamworks title.

Thanks, will pre-order through DS as well, seeing as it's unlikely to be cheaper for a while

Quasar

Guess I should have posted this a couple of days ago when I ordered it, went up pretty quickly. Gf and I both got a copy for nearly the same price as one copy is today...

Bummed I missed out. 2k are so annoying..reminds me of how I had to get US friends to gift me Civ5 to get around the criminal local pricing.

Having to in theory buy the game on disc. Is like going back to the stone age.

senahorse

Bummed I missed out. 2k are so annoying..reminds me of how I had to get US friends to gift me Civ5 to get around the criminal local pricing.

Having to in theory buy the game on disc. Is like going back to the stone age.

It's utter horseshit and there is no good reason except for plain price gouging. There is no shipping costs, currency difference is nowhere near that much nor can they really fall back on the "keeping retail happy" for a game only on PC which barely has a retail presence any more.

Am I the only one who gets really paranoid when doing this?

Don't, Amazon have been promoting this for years now. Zero issues for people outside the US using a US billing address for digital content.

They don't care, they get their money and there is no negative for them. They like money!

Yeah I've bought a ton of stuff from Amazon like that. It's not a problem on that front. I'm not sure if Civ: BE has cross-region flags though, so you might want to look into it before buying. Try asking in the Steam thread, JaceC knows everything.

I bought an uncensored copy of South Park: Stick of Truth, but had to actually give my account details to someone in America to log in and register the key for me. VPN is also a possibility but either way it's a pain if they clamp down on it.

MoonGred

Yeah I've bought a ton of stuff from Amazon like that. It's not a problem on that front. I'm not sure if Civ: BE has cross-region flags though, so you might want to look into it before buying. Try asking in the Steam thread, JaceC knows everything.

I bought an uncensored copy of South Park: Stick of Truth, but had to actually give my account details to someone in America to log in and register the key for me. VPN is also a possibility but either way it's a pain if they clamp down on it.

I know the russian version is locked, I checked with my usual guy from the buy and sell section and he told me he'd prefer not to sell it. It could be done, but it would be tricky

Yeah I've bought a ton of stuff from Amazon like that. It's not a problem on that front. I'm not sure if Civ: BE has cross-region flags though, so you might want to look into it before buying.
This is a good point. Before buying Steam games from other sources, always check!

*attempts to cover own butt*

Did they stop cross region gifting on steam?

No, but some games have certain flags (at the discression of the publisher) which can prevent cross-region gifting. This can happen to certain regions but not others, e.g. Russians can't share with the rest of the world in some cases. For South Park, non-Australian keys couldn't be activated in Australia.

Darklord

Banned
Do Pccasegear still assemble computers for you? Last time I picked all the parts I wanted and got them to build it, they did a really good job but I'm after a new PC and can't see that option. Surely they wouldn't have gotten rid of it?

MoonGred

Do Pccasegear still assemble computers for you? Last time I picked all the parts I wanted and got them to build it, they did a really good job but I'm after a new PC and can't see that option. Surely they wouldn't have gotten rid of it?

I think they did, just ordered everything from them last week and couldn't find the service anymore. I remember last year they charged 100$ for assembly and included an aftermarket heatsink/watercooling.
That said building one yourself is really easy, I had little to no experience and the guys from "i need a new pc" were really helpful.

Darklord

Banned
I think they did, just ordered everything from them last week and couldn't find the service anymore. I remember last year they charged 100$ for assembly and included an aftermarket heatsink/watercooling.
That said building one yourself is really easy, I had little to no experience and the guys from "i need a new pc" were really helpful.

That really sucks they got rid of it. :( I don't really have time to build it right now.

markot

Banned
ibvBOKvmPfAqZK.gif

Whys Australia given up making tv shows that are good?

Why?

Why?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom