• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

senahorse

New NBNco FTTN video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqk4OL72NgA

The politicising they had the guy do in this video is pretty disgusting.

Also haha at the disclaimer at the end which includes:

"...Your experience, including speed, depends on the NBN technology used to deliver services to you and factors outside our control, including line length and quality of copper ot your premises (for FTTN)..."

Umm you are buying the copper network off Telstra but the copper quality is out of your control, what a farce.

500 USD + 120 shipping for a pre-converted one. In AUD that's almost 700. 450 AUD for the base monitor if I source it locally and then 200 USD for the DIY kit, which is actually slightly more expensive I think.

Compare to 520 AUD for the AOC brand 1080 set. Only problem with that is no HDMI in.

Sigh.
No HDMI in? Can't wait for that new fangled Xbox 360 to launch that year!!!!

r1chard

It's a 144hz Gsync monitor. It has Display Port in because that's the only way you can drive those kind of framerates. It's targeted at the enthusiast PC market.
In theory HDMI can drive that, but it needs super extra awesome wonder twin powers (aka HDMI 1.3 support at both ends of the cable which ain't happening any time soon.) I ran into this with my Dell 1440 monitor - it has HDMI in but nothing I own can generate the HDMI 1.3 signal. So I have two DisplayPort and one DVI Dual Link plugged into it which all work. Once I got a DVI Dual Link cable that was actually DVI Dual Link and not just pretending, that is, ugh. (it had the pins, but no wires connected to them!!)

So I have a new motivation to work out at the gym... playing TxK on the exercise bike! Sure does make the time fly. I'm sort of addicted to the game.

Does anyone know why the scoreboards don't seem to update?

Shaneus

So I have a new motivation to work out at the gym... playing TxK on the exercise bike! Sure does make the time fly. I'm sort of addicted to the game.

They can take a while. And make sure you fall back to the menu because I believe that's when the scores upload. Or something.

Darklord

Banned
Ok so I'm looking at the PSN store on my PS4 for the first time. Why is everything so overpriced? Transistor is $28? Shouldn't it be $20? The Swapper is normally $15 but it's $23, Hohokum should be $20 but it should be $15.They've inflated them way too much.

Omikron

Ok so I'm looking at the PSN store on my PS4 for the first time. Why is everything so overpriced? Transistor is $28? Shouldn't it be $20? The Swapper is normally $15 but it's $23, Hohokum should be $20 but it should be $15.They've inflated them way too much.
Superior versions require greater cost.

It coats sony a lot more to get their bits and bytes to Australia.

i find this hypnotic
w8cdirsepy1hxf648qms.gif

Gazunta

Holy crap, I have to try this tonight! I was using exercise bike time as 'catch up on twitter' but it would be good to get some more gaming time in. And the soundtrack is heaps better than the music they play at the gym.

Shaneus

Holy crap, I have to try this tonight! I was using exercise bike time as 'catch up on twitter' but it would be good to get some more gaming time in. And the soundtrack is heaps better than the music they play at the gym.
TxK and OlliOlli with their repetitive, hypnotic play and awesome soundtracks would be ideal for that.

Peppa Pig iOS game for free!

AU tax. Because they hate us.

So wish I went US PS+ all those years ago :(

It really is a perfect fit! Easy to get in "the zone", great soundtrack, little down time between levels, and a single round of pure mode can last 20+ minutes. I found it far more engaging (and distracting) than listening to music/reading GAF/watching shows.

legend166

I saw some guy playing a game on a tablet while on the exercise when I was at the gymn last night....

...was that you? :O

Quasar

Well those are the RRP prices that are based on the UK prices I imagine (as Sony Australia is part of Sony UK).

Gazunta

It's an awesome thread and EVERYONE SHOULD POST IN IT

And I don't mean just AusGAF I mean EVERY MAN WOMAN AND CHILD ON EARTH

Don't have a GAF account? GET ONE.

Things are good! I am tiling the house. It is hell. I am taking the weekend off to celebrate 10 years with the wife. Well it's a celebration for me she mentioned something about "drinking away the pain".

How is Seattle and when are you coming back so we can have burgers?

Diablo 3 on PS4 is pretty fun. Any of you guys playing it? Could use people to run around murdering demons with.

Sure, add me: ruthlesbarbarian

Yup! Just started last night. Once I get a few more hours under my belt of the story I'll be up for some co-op. It's legit great.

Story is the weakest of the trilogy, biggest disappointment of the game. I'd suggest you bump up the difficulty so you can get to lev 70 faster. Trust me, I went from normal to hard to expert after just an hour of play. Even expert is a cakewalk, PC version was so much harder.

Just hit 69 on my wizard last night! Feel free to hit me up.

PSN: Hoonzor

Lev 40 Crusader and on the final part of act 2. I'll probably hit 70 by act 4.

Rizzi

Sure, add me: ruthlesbarbarian

Story is the weakest of the trilogy, biggest disappointment of the game. I'd suggest you bump up the difficulty so you can get to lev 70 faster. Trust me, I went from normal to hard to expert after just an hour of play. Even expert is a cakewalk, PC version was so much harder.

Lev 40 Crusader and on the final part of act 2. I'll probably hit 70 by act 4.

Sounding off!

PSN: Mr_Gingerlicious

Roger that.

Psn: Joshizzled

I will add you all.

It's an awesome thread and EVERYONE SHOULD POST IN IT

And I don't mean just AusGAF I mean EVERY MAN WOMAN AND CHILD ON EARTH

Don't have a GAF account? GET ONE.

Things are good! I am tiling the house. It is hell. I am taking the weekend off to celebrate 10 years with the wife. Well it's a celebration for me she mentioned something about "drinking away the pain".

How is Seattle and when are you coming back so we can have burgers?
Warm and frosty, September and Grill'd

Oh look, Watchdogs finally hit my buy price at amazon!

Please post in Gazunta/ Blow the Cartridge appreciate thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=882299

God damn, I really want a Wii U. Go on sale plz
They're pretty great. Wind Waker HD is amazing. I'll have to crack open the free copy of Mario Kart I got with it at some point.

Also related to video games, I have now sunk around 100 hours into Fire Emblem Awakening, mostly grinding out relationship supports. All my units are unstoppable killing machines because I couldn't bear to miss out on a few lines of inconsequential banter from any of the couple/parent/kid relationships.

It has to be Bayonetta 2, of course.

I don't care for Smash, so after that it's probably going to be (maybe) Splatoon, Xenoblade and Zelda. Oh, and Metroid/F-Zero/Star Fox if they ever get around to making them. I can see that being it for the rest of the systems life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom