• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiom

My PSN remains FlashHawaii

I'm also trying to not give into Sims 4 temptation

I did like it!
I loved Super Mario Kart and its battle mode to bits, but while the N64 Mario Kart was overall not half as good as the original, Block Fort is such a fantastic map I think it single handedly makes the N64 battle mode superior.

Block Fort is just that damn good.

The first time I played Super Mario Kart was at most a year or two ago so its greatness is lost on me. MK64 is the "original" and best in my eyes lol

kyser73

Sounds to me like it's time for a Bris GAF meetup!

Ok, let's do this.

When/where?

If no-one minds a Brit abroad joining the party :)

Does Warcraft 2 not just work? I don't think I had to do anything special when I played it on XP like a billion years ago.

Also here's a bunch of PSN folks that I could find on the past 15-20 pages or so.

Anyone else?

Kyser_soze_SW2

Still deciding whether to switch to my Aus PSN permanently and lose all my IGC from the UK (moved over in May) when I resub to PS+ :/

Yeah don't go AU unless you already have PS+ with them.

You can buy UK PS+ codes easily enough. They aren't compatible with AU accounts although EU codes will work on AU accounts >.>

OzGameShop sell the UK ones but I expect GAME and others also do the same (or get someone from the UK to email you the code!).

Bishop89

AU PS+ games are up!

Velocity 2X for PS4/Vita
Sportsfriends for PS4/PS3
Hoard for PS3
PS All Star Smash Bros for PS3/Vita
Joe Danger for Vita
TxK for Vita

Also Don't Starve has a really good Vita port out EDIT: right now!, which will be cross-buy with the PS4 version.

5 'free' Vita games this month! Insane.
gUevLyj.gif

Stackboy

All this MK talk makes me think Mortal Kombat is being discussed. The new one should be fun and craaaaaazy gory. Wonder if it will pass classification here.

Dimefan3

The good news - I've finally signed up for NBN. Going with TPG as it's the cheapest and includes unlimited data and home phone.

The bad news - They aren't installing the actual 'inside' box until the 8th of October. Cutting it fine too, as that's the same day my copper connection gets cut off.

I'm curious as to why Telstra/Optus charge such a high price for such limited data plans, yet TPG has such a cheap deal going...

I've had one of those bathurst chairs for a bit over a year. No complaints, but to be fair I don't spend hours and hours in it. Main selling point was being able to fold the arms out of the way for guitar, but put them back again for everything else.

Literally the big selling point for me.

this thread is now full of unfamiliar names and pictures. its been about 50 pages since i was last here.
anyway simple yes no on whos going to pax this year please.

No
Banana

Yes
?

No
Banana
jambo
Darren870

Probably Not
Kritz

Yes
Shaneus
reptilescorpio

I am pretty likely to attend even if just for one day. Would be keen to meet you guys.

Anyhow more generally I have booked flights this morning to Melbourne from the 30th October till 3rd November with a pretty much open schedule.
Super keen to boardgame with people or just go out for beers etc. Would be awesome to meet as many people as possible.

So Yea post stuff up

Kritz

Banned
Maybe Melbourne GAF meetup on one of the days though? Few beers and grubs?

I'd like to go, but I probably have exams during the PAX period.

But I might be able to head up around new years, so maybe once I sort that out we can get what's left of melb gaf and do some beers then.

Clipper

Hi guys, long time no chat. Anyway, I'm still around, just been doing stuff that means I haven't really been checking out GAF so much. I'm still sort of doing hose things, but I thought I'd drop by to give a link to a Google form similar to last year's one for PAX Aus.

Here is a short link to it: http://tinyurl.com/pmm3vy2

It allows you to show what days you are going and what group events you're interested in. Let me know if you want anything else interested. I'll try to stick around in the thread for the next day or two at least to rely to comments.

Edit: And oh yeah, I'm a yes for all three days of PAX and I will be bringing down plenty of board games to play as well.

Demanding Valve employee people in Australia?

Didn't expect that!

Can't remember the last time a company offered me a 1800 number to call complaints though on :(

Gazunta

At the game distribution company I used to work at we had to add a phone number (didn't have to be a 1800 number from memory) and local contact info for complaints / returns etc as per ACCC requirements. Didn't take much work (and we ended up getting, like, one phone call from it that I knew of). Just a different sticker on the box.

Hey, remember boxes?

Shaneus

Demanding Valve employee people in Australia?

Didn't expect that!

Can't remember the last time a company offered me a 1800 number to call complaints though on :(
I'm right in putting your name down for PAX, yes? I can't recall, but I think I bought your ticket? It's all so long ago :(

Oh, I've got an idea as well... if you wanted to hold onto Second Son, I'd be happy if you wanted to treat me to First Light. If you think that's fair, of course :)

No
Banana
jambo
Darren870

Probably Not
Kritz

Yes
Shaneus
reptilescorpio
Dimefan3

Your friendly PAX Enforcer
DeathJr.

All this MK talk makes me think Mortal Kombat is being discussed. The new one should be fun and craaaaaazy gory. Wonder if it will pass classification here.

Very excited about it, and yes, I do believe it will pass classification given that the previous one was unbanned and l4d2 was also recently rated R in AU.

You don't have to employ anyone here to provide a phone number and PO Box.
Not sure how you'd get stuff sent to the PO Box without employing someone though.

Employing a third party to retrieve and scan it once a week or whatever would probably be enough, but you still need some sort of presence if you have a physical address.

Or I guess you could just pay for mail forwarding, which would probably end up just costing the same.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Transistor is a fantastic way to break in my PS4.

My PSN handle is R_e_z, if anyone cares to add me. And, you know, I post here once a year, so why wouldn't you.

I'm right in putting your name down for PAX, yes? I can't recall, but I think I bought your ticket? It's all so long ago :(

Oh, I've got an idea as well... if you wanted to hold onto Second Son, I'd be happy if you wanted to treat me to First Light. If you think that's fair, of course :)
You should have my ticket somewhere lol

I'd be happy to shoot some cashola through for First Light, you better actually play it though lol

You don't have to employ anyone here to provide a phone number and PO Box.
I was referring to this mainly

with (local?) representatives

Does that mean they just have to outsource it locally?

Transistor is a fantastic way to break in my PS4.

My PSN handle is R_e_z, if anyone cares to add me. And, you know, I post here once a year, so why wouldn't you.
I'll add you tonight!

Shaneus

You should have my ticket somewhere lol

I'd be happy to shoot some cashola through for First Light, you better actually play it though lol
I don't think I've received the tickets yet... got an email about confirmation of my address the other day, so they shouldn't be far off (I'd hope!).

And of course I'd play it. If it's only 5 hours long, I think I could manage! Plus, I liked her character far more than that beanie-wearing douchebag Delsin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom