• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimefan3

What's your PSN ID Mutes!

We need to get an AusGAF list going again soon.

Mines Dime_fan3 if anyone wants an add. :)

Off topic a little, I finally made the call to switch over to the NBN on the weekend, but I'm a little worried about this extra box they need to put in...how big is it? And what's the best place for it?

Quasar

Mines Dime_fan3 if anyone wants an add. :)

Off topic a little, I finally made the call to switch over to the NBN on the weekend, but I'm a little worried about this extra box they need to put in...how big is it? And what's the best place for it?

There's some videos iirc on the nbnco youtube channel to give you idea of size. As for where I guess that depends on how your house is wired in terms of networking.

Hi I work at iinet. We have an online pdf with dimensions of the nbn network termination device let me find it for you.

Edit just checked and it's not live yet. Give me 15 minutes and I'll write the dimensions out for you. Or if you message me your email address I'll fwd you the brochure

Gazunta

Good morning AusGAF,

Is anyone else here watching Utopia? What do you think?

I thought the latest episode about the fast train concept (and why it keeps getting brought up every few years) was fantastic.

And the first two episodes, while very similar to each other (a bit much so), made me laugh a LOT because I have to put up with these exact same conversations on a daily basis.

Yeah, I can see this one growing on me a lot.

Anyway all the episodes are on iView if you've missed them.

jambo

Good morning AusGAF,

I've only seen the first episode, but it was pretty amazing.

My father worked in local government for 40 years and my sister is in state government at the moment so it hit pretty close to home with them. They were howling with laughter at some of the parallels to their working lives.

I also did a year in a council IT department and some of the jokes were just spot on.

Looking forward to more.

Good morning AusGAF,

I thought the latest episode about the fast train concept (and why it keeps getting brought up every few years) was fantastic.

And the first two episodes, while very similar to each other (a bit much so), made me laugh a LOT because I have to put up with these exact same conversations on a daily basis.

Yeah, I can see this one growing on me a lot.

Anyway all the episodes are on iView if you've missed them.

Fuck you, CD

Fredescu

I like!

I think there's some irony in the title. As in, the bureaucratic craziness is probably an entirely necessary component of the best possible kind of society. Or should I say there's no irony in the title when on the surface it seems to be ironic. Reverse irony? Double irony? I don't know. I need a lie down.

Nbn network termination device consists of 2 parts the connection box (233mm × 195mm) and battery back up unit (217mm × 179mm). Needs to be near a power point.

When I caught a bit of that show, I discovered that the outside shots and what appeared to be the inside ones as well were of/from my old work building, Orica/ICI House in Melbourne.

So there you go... had no idea.

You see the new Driveclub beta leak? Fucking insanity. Might have to grab a retail copy!

Shaneus

You see the new Driveclub beta leak? Fucking insanity. Might have to grab a retail copy!
Is that the five-video one? Downloading (at work) now :D I've been checking out the other stuff you've been tweeting to me as well, if I hadn't responded to make you aware of the fact.

PS. Go retail. Get that tin case LE or whatever. I don't care about the extra content, I just think the box looks dope.

Is that the five-video one? Downloading (at work) now :D I've been checking out the other stuff you've been tweeting to me as well, if I hadn't responded to make you aware of the fact.

PS. Go retail. Get that tin case LE or whatever. I don't care about the extra content, I just think the box looks dope.

Yeah that tin case is the first decent one I've seen in years! Reminds me of the old Forza cases.

hamchan

These half-arcade half-sim racing games mess up my driving a bit because I don't know whether taking the racing line or actually braking properly is the right move to make. Nevertheless I still have Driveclub preordered.

Jintor

Your real driving or your driveclub driving?

i'm so mad at myself about this fucking 3ds, oh my god. I mean probably the 'best' time in terms of having an excuse to lose it (I was pretty fucking stressed recently let me tell you) but it still pisses me off so much. Goddamnit.

Fuck you, CD

yeah it blows. Went on to watch Please Like Me season 2 last week and then I cried.
but they have fanbases so it's ok

I like!

I think there's some irony in the title. As in, the bureaucratic craziness is probably an entirely necessary component of the best possible kind of society. Or should I say there's no irony in the title when on the surface it seems to be ironic. Reverse irony? Double irony? I don't know. I need a lie down.

Hipster irony.

Shaneus

yeah it blows. Went on to watch Please Like Me season 2 last week and then I cried.
but they have fanbases so it's ok
That show looks decent if it weren't for that Josh Thomas twerp. Can he not pick an accent an stick with it? When he pronounces hurts "hahts" in the promo, I want to punch the fuck out of the TV.

senahorse

Just a heads up for anyone potentially interested. VMware have relaxed their exam taking requirements a bit for the next 6 months on one of their new exams. There is a new cert VCP-NV (network virtualisation) and if you currently hold a VCP or a Cisco CCNA and/or CCNP you can take the exam without doing the course. In the past (and in the future) they have had this annoying requirement that in order to sit the exam you have to attend a course. Anyway more info here: http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=51111&ui=www_cert

senahorse

Cheers x3n, I might check it out.

No worries. I should have elaborated though, the 6 month period I believe is only true if you're coming from a Cisco cert (so you with your VCP won't have to be in a rush), it's a bit of a weird proposition but no doubt they are trying to sway a few people over due to the emerging competition to VMware's NSX in Cisco's ACI. Never hurts to be skilled in both sides though :)

Deeku

Hmm, think I'll be pretty comfortable with getting a PS4 now since Persona 5 will be on it. Can probably box up the ps3 by year end.

Yeah I saw you paid $460 which was the same as me. Have you seen the ozbargain thread about how he did it?

I'll be really annoyed if it doesn't work out as I could have brought something else in the sale.

Haven't checked, he's legit enough. Just a middleman really, not that different to other stores lol

If he gets an order through by the end of the week I won't do a charge back through Paypal.

markot

Banned
Highly likely we ordered from the same dude lol

lateshowpic3.jpg

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
is signing up for a US PSN account a trivial process, or do I need a US card?

Just curious, is there be an AusGaf destiny clan, separate from the regular GAF Clan? No doubt that'd predominately be NA / EU folk.
Yup! Sign up to regular DestinyGAF and then you can select AusGAF from the list on the Bungie site.

is signing up for a US PSN account a trivial process, or do I need a US card?

Trivial, you don't need anything to make the account, only to buy stuff. You can get USD$ PSN vouchers through Amazon digitally, just make Google HQ your fake US address and you won't get charged extra tax.

Use a 28 degrees Mastercard to minimise conversion fee when buying the vouchers from Amazon :)

Yup! Sign up to regular DestinyGAF and then you can select AusGAF from the list on the Bungie site.

Trivial, you don't need anything to make the account, only to buy stuff. You can get USD$ PSN vouchers through Amazon digitally, just make Google HQ your fake US address and you won't get charged extra tax.

Use a 28 degrees Mastercard to minimise conversion fee when buying the vouchers from Amazon :)

Google HQ is in California. They charge sales tax there and Amazon will collect it.
Try somewhere in Oregon if you want to avoid sales tax. When I buy gift cards, the tax comes off the giftcard credit, not when I buy the card/voucher.

Google HQ is in California. They charge sales tax there and Amazon will collect it.
Try somewhere in Oregon if you want to avoid sales tax. When I buy gift cards, the tax comes off the giftcard credit, not when I buy the card/voucher.

Wait really? That's super odd I've never been charged extra tax on digital games o_O

Quasar

I imagine thats part of why the virtual address places are all in places like portland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom