• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTE

Might as well put it here, too.

No
Bodyboarder
Banana
jambo
Darren870

Probably Not
Kritz

Yes
Shaneus
reptilescorpio
Dimefan3
MTE

Clipper

I guess I should add myself to that list too. Those that are either going or will be in Melbourne during PAX Aus should also sign up here.

No
Bodyboarder
Banana
jambo
Darren870

Probably Not
Kritz

Yes
Shaneus
reptilescorpio
Dimefan3
MTE
Clipper

I guess I should add myself to that list too. Those that are either going or will be in Melbourne during PAX Aus should also sign up here.

No
Bodyboarder
Banana
jambo
Darren870

Probably Not
Kritz

Yes
Shaneus
reptilescorpio
Dimefan3
MTE
Clipper
Jables

I'll be at PAX and will try and come catch up for a beer or ten one of the nights. I'll be with a group, so probably won't make a dinner.

senahorse

Just got back from watching Predestination, time-travel themed movie from the Spierig brothers. This is their third feature length movie (first being Undead, second Daybreakers) and it is one of my favourite movies I have watched this year. Please go out and support an Australian made movie (if you can find a screening). I can't wait to see what these guys do next.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I think I'll put myself as a maybe for PAX 2014.. might go for one day or something. I think HolyCheck has a saturday pass he can sell me (if I want it).

Will definitely show up for the meet-ups and drinks though.;)

Manax

Hey Ausgaf

I'm putting together a Media PC for Dad for fathers day

Bought a refurbished small dell computer, however it doesn't have HDMI out just VGA,
found stuff like this VGA -> HDMI converter which uses a USB port to send the sound signal, http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=AC1639

however I can just split the audio output (Head phone jack in to RCA cables with this http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=WA7015) to the Amplifier next to the TV and run a VGA cable from the computer to TV which has a VGA port.

Any issues with the second option? I'm not keen on spending close to $100 on some fancy HDMI converter crap also I dont even think our amplifier has HDMI IN or OUT just standard video cables so the HDMI converter is effectively useless for sound except through the TV only.

P.S my brain doesn't really understand how video/audio signals work so just double checking I'm not a complete moron.

CryptiK

No
Bodyboarder
Banana
jambo
Darren870

Probably Not
Kritz
CryptiK

Yes
Shaneus
reptilescorpio
Dimefan3
MTE
Clipper

We gave to the boot to the sponsor that sent me last time.

markot

Banned
I meant on my phone or tablet!

I hate mobile games. Most of them are either time gated crap or transport tycoon which is too finagley for touch really the way it's designed.

Just got back from watching Predestination, time-travel themed movie from the Spierig brothers. This is their third feature length movie (first being Undead, second Daybreakers) and it is one of my favourite movies I have watched this year. Please go out and support an Australian made movie (if you can find a screening). I can't wait to see what these guys do next.

Will be watching this weekend. Pretty excited!

Give it a few months (once there's a US release) and I bet GAF will be harping on about it.

Shaneus

Holy fucking shit:
lXzCxf7.png

Edit: From here.

Kritz

Banned
day 1 oculus rift DK2 impressions:

hl2 is vomit town
euro truck is awesome
minecraft is pretty neat but when you jump off a 10 block tall hill it feels like the bit in crackdown where you jump off the agency building, except you are experiencing it from the first person.

I tried L4D2 but the FOV was so narrow I couldn't really control it. It isn't natively supported anyway. I'm gonna give Mirror's Edge a go later tomorrow.

I don't mind the resolution so much, but basically every menu in every game I've tried has been impossible to read. Really need to blow up menu size by 300% to see them clearly.

Vormund

No
Bodyboarder
Banana
jambo
Darren870

Probably Not
Kritz

Yes
Shaneus
reptilescorpio
Dimefan3
MTE
Clipper
Vormund

I'll be going with my wife on the Friday, and have a ticket just for myself on the Sunday. Will be catching up with 4 other friends there also.

hidys

No
Bodyboarder
Banana
jambo
Darren870

Probably Not

Kritz

Yes

Shaneus
reptilescorpio
Dimefan3
MTE
Clipper
Vormund
hidys

Gazunta

minecraft is pretty neat but when you jump off a 10 block tall hill it feels like the bit in crackdown where you jump off the agency building, except you are experiencing it from the first person.

OH GOD THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE BEST THING TO DO EVER OHHH!!!!

Fredescu

Won't you take me to...
...Vomit Town?

This will be stuck in my head all day now.

I had a co worker who made it his personal mission to surreptitiously infect me with ear worms and then catch me humming them. He left a while ago and I haven't really thought about The Girl from Ipanema since he left until now. It's as bad as Funky Town.

Gazunta

I think Clive is referring to my cat. Yes, we named my cat after Willow. The other one is Tara. :)

Somewhere in the world Crackdown 3 is being developed and oh man I would do anything to be on that team
except move to Scotland or develop skills that would make me an asset on a game dev team

Uh, I guess I should look at plane tickets to PAX, huh

I think Clive is referring to my cat. Yes, we named my cat after Willow. The other one is Tara. :)

Somewhere in the world Crackdown 3 is being developed and oh man I would do anything to be on that team
except move to Scotland or develop skills that would make me an asset on a game dev team

Uh, I guess I should look at plane tickets to PAX, huh

Dave Jones seems like a great dude to work for!

bomma_man

yeeeeesssssh after missing the first two ballots and the physical sales, and having the online sales delayed by a week, I have a Meredith ticket. woo! anyone here been before?

What a morning.

Woke up at 5:50am to my girlfriend texting me that she's been vomiting all morning. She assures me she's ok and will be in bed all day recovering and drinking water which sounded fine so I said ok. Do the 1 hour drive to work and then about 10 minutes after I get there she texts again saying she vomited and there was blood specks. So I left work and drove 1 and a half hours to her, took her to the local doctors even though I wanted to take her to the hospital.

Her blood pressure was looow, in the 50s I think. She's ok now after an injection to help with the vomiting and sleeping soundly on the couch but I don't think well be doing anything much today. A full day of fluids and laying down with minimal movement was recommended.

No idea what brought it on or what it was and the doc didn't seem to know either so he just treated her symptoms.

Now I'm eating the most delicious chicken fillet subway ever.

Seems to be a ton of people crook at the moment. Been struggling with some kind of infection all week, finally coming decent today. Been quite a few other people around under the weather as well :(

Hope she feels better tomorrow Mega!

Seems to be a ton of people crook at the moment. Been struggling with some kind of infection all week, finally coming decent today. Been quite a few other people around under the weather as well :(

Hope she feels better tomorrow Mega!

Thanks rep! When we told the nurses they overreacted a little when they measured her blood pressure so I was freaking out a few times

Roulette

Just wanted to make sure before I do this:

If I buy $100 worth of US PSN credit and buy a game on the US PSN with it, and my US and AU account are set to primary PS4, can I play the game on my AU account without issue?

I've noticed a free to play game I downloaded from the US store seems to do an online licence check every time I play it on my AU account.

senahorse

day 1 oculus rift DK2 impressions:

hl2 is vomit town
euro truck is awesome

I tried L4D2 but the FOV was so narrow I couldn't really control it. It isn't natively supported anyway. I'm gonna give Mirror's Edge a go later tomorrow.

I don't mind the resolution so much, but basically every menu in every game I've tried has been impossible to read. Really need to blow up menu size by 300% to see them clearly.

If it has proper DK2 support, lean towards it. Elite does this really well.

Just wanted to make sure before I do this:

If I buy $100 worth of US PSN credit and buy a game on the US PSN with it, and my US and AU account are set to primary PS4, can I play the game on my AU account without issue?

I've noticed a free to play game I downloaded from the US store seems to do an online licence check every time I play it on my AU account.

The account you use to purchase (US) must be set as Primary. Then you can play the content from any other account (AU) on the PS4.

I don't think it's underrated at all... seems to get high praise from pretty much everywhere/everyone. Well deserved, too.

I didn't mean on GAF, just generally. I'm glad SBS picks up and telecasts these shows, othwise you're just stuck with endless reruns of BBT and 2.5men on other channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom