• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidys

Any outfit that trashes the movie of the year, Boyhood, is irrelevant.

You should really see Plinkett's review of the Star Wars prequels on Red Letter Media, which is fantastic.

I haven't seen Boyhood yet though I have every intention of watching it eventually.

You should really see Plinkett's review of the Star Wars prequels on Red Letter Media, which is fantastic.

It's good as comedy but fails in many ways as a serious critique. In his Ep3 review he mocks someone from the net who compiled a large rebuttal of his E1 review. And while that document does contain some level of fanboy stuff, it also contains some sensible rebuttals - Plinkett has in several cases completely missed obvious things or misrepresented the films to make them fit his points better.

hidys

It's good as comedy but fails in many ways as a serious critique. In his Ep3 review he mocks someone from the net who compiled a large rebuttal of his E1 review. And while that document does contain some level of fanboy stuff, it also contains some sensible rebuttals - Plinkett has in several cases completely missed obvious things or misrepresented the films to make them fit his points better.

It is probably fair to say that there are plenty of issues with those reviews. But the facts remain that they are funny and the Star Wars prequels are terrible.

Quasar

Is there a consensus on which one is the superior phone? I've been vanilla android for life but wouldn't mind a temporary toy to try.

The Oneplus is a much more modern phone. The only disadvantage would be a slower path to getting OS updates. Aside from that I'd consider it a substantially better phone.

PARANO1A

The Oneplus is a much more modern phone. The only disadvantage would be a slower path to getting OS updates. Aside from that I'd consider it a substantially better phone.

OK - purchased. Will see how we go. I'm not inexperienced at rooting / flashing custom ROMs so should be a nice thing to play with.

PARANO1A

While I'm spamming this page, I may as well ask...

AusDestinyGAF clan is pretty much dead online... I thought this was going to be a thing! I'm not hugely enjoying the game as a Warlock trying to solo the game... might reroll a hunter and see how I go. If there's anyone interested in grouping up add me on PS4 as say_nothing. Generally only play in the evening between 9 and midnight.

Every time I try to buy a PSN code from Amazon, they cancel the order.
I don't know why this is such a challenge.
Try grabbing one off eBay while the 15% off is on!

Any outfit that trashes the movie of the year, Boyhood, is irrelevant.
I didn't like it. Cool that they shot bits of a movie over a long period of time but I was bored fucking shitless through it.

Was odd since I love his Before trilogy and even Scanner Darkly!

It's mostly comedy, as evident by the absurd nature of a lot of it. A fair portion initially was poking fun at the internet geeks making insane critiques of movies (similar to the Francis creation by Boogie in some ways I guess).

AusDestinyGAF clan is pretty much dead online... I thought this was going to be a thing! I'm not hugely enjoying the game as a Warlock trying to solo the game... might reroll a hunter and see how I go. If there's anyone interested in grouping up add me on PS4 as say_nothing. Generally only play in the evening between 9 and midnight.

Really? I've played basically every night between 7-10 and always had tons of people to play with. Usually have at least one person jump into my fireteam at some point. Even had Kritz join today at about quarter past 4 and we ran a strike on the Moon with a random!

Dead Man

In my experience it's not much different from the Galaxy S3 (had one for 18 months), but I think the LG G2 one is a bit better. Just remember that the Nexus 6 and LG G3 are out soon/now.

Here is a random selection

79rBaSU.jpg

Haha, nice pic of the cave gardens, haven't been there in ages, used to drink cheap casks down there with school mates.

It is probably fair to say that there are plenty of issues with those reviews. But the facts remain that they are funny and the Star Wars prequels are terrible.

I'd argue to the grave that the prequels are just average Sci Fi movies and aren't nearly as terrible as people say they are.

I don't mind Phantom Menace, despite it being a shit Star Wars movie.

Second one is fucking trash though. Just terrible. Third one isn't much better.

Attack of the Clones is by far the worst movie and probably is well below average for a Sci Fi movie. Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith are just OK.

Sent request. I play everyday and there are at least 5 more ausgaffers online simultaneously, especially in the evenings.

Quasar

I'll give you that for Revenge of the Sith, but not Menace and especially not Clones.

I'm going to admit I liked TPM most (which isn't saying much), I think because it was first exposure to the new world. Clones I found the worlds due to its terribly mishandled romance.

Not that I care a whole lot. It got me the Clone Wars series, which I liked a whole bunch.

hidys

I'm going to admit I liked TPM most (which isn't saying much), I think because it was first exposure to the new world. Clones I found the worlds due to its terribly mishandled romance.

Not that I care a whole lot. It got me the Clone Wars series, which I liked a whole bunch.

The Cone Wars series was infinitely better than the trilogy itself.

And yes Episode 2 is actually unwatchable due to the awful dialogue.

I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth

anyone know where i can get season 2 of the genius game? subtitle persons twitterthingy only has shitty daily motions
edit: oh nvm, the subtitle link is actually the video too

I'll give you that for Revenge of the Sith, but not Menace and especially not Clones.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like any of the prequels. I'd prefer not to have them. But as just Sci Fi movies, they are no where near as bad as the wrap they are given. Something like Green Lantern, now that is a complete pile of shit Sci Fi movie. AotC is closer to that than any of the other prequel movies.

Ill dance on your grave.

Dance biatch.

Clone Wars got really good a few seasons in. I'm hoping the new Rebels show doesn't start out as childish as CW did. Not holding my breath though.

MoonGred

510 dollars after 15% off on Ebay for a monitor

The PC hardware addiction is real

Let us know how it performs, I've been eyeing that same monitor for a while.

I got my first "harvestbox" yesterday and have to say I'm pretty disappointed. If only we could get nature box here. Also damn podcast advertising to actually work on me!

Gazunta

All Blow The Cartridge comics are now 100% free to read online with code THEYAREALWAYSFREETOREADTHATSTHEJOKE

And here is a new one! It is about Crazy Taxi.

senahorse

Go to Bunnings, and I ask where the machete's are, am promptly told they are not allowed to sell them as they are too dangerous, I am asking this question standing right besides the axes....Call around a bit and get the same answer, that they are hard to get in the city and I would need to go further out. So I call an army disposals store smack bang in the middle of the city in Brisbane, "got any machetes?", "sure we have multiple on display". Stupid nanny Qld state with that good old inconsistency that we know and love.

markot

Banned
Because someone asking for a machette isnt creepy at all!

Why is heat good to put on some things and ice on others? WHATS THE DEAL WITH THAT AND AIRPLANE PEANUTS!

I am never going to a physio everrrrrrrr again.

Go to one over some leg pain? Do what they say, Bam! Back pain. Lousy non doctors up there with freaking witch doctors.

Also whys my private health insurance cover freaking accupucture and other alternative medicines with zero basis in science? WHY NOT COVER PANDA PENIS PILLS!?

Dead Man

Go to Bunnings, and I ask where the machete's are, am promptly told they are not allowed to sell them as they are too dangerous, I am asking this question standing right besides the axes....Call around a bit and get the same answer, that they are hard to get in the city and I would need to go further out. So I call an army disposals store smack bang in the middle of the city in Brisbane, "got any machetes?", "sure we have multiple on display". Stupid nanny Qld state with that good old inconsistency that we know and love.

Bunnings in SA is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom