• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
machete-movie-trailer.jpg

Everyone's gotta have a machete.

Oh no I dropped som.... DEAD.

Dead Man

Whys everyone need machettes all of a sudden!?

I wanted one in case I ever ran into markot in real life. But also for chopping the shit out of some plants that were taking over my yard that I didn't want to just remove. I ended up just removing them, so 'need' would be a strong word. 'Was looking for a cheap one to see if it worked' would be a better description.

markot

Banned
Well..... clippers? those big clippers? Those huge clippers?

Machettes seem unneccessary unless you are cutting through a jungle.
Or a mudererer.

senahorse

I have a fair bit to hack through, a machete would really make my life easier. Also I do adventure riding which sometimes requires creating new tracks to get from point a to b, so a machete would also be handy in that regard.

senahorse

Why are you guys so weirded out by a machete? Too much Friday the 13th for you guys.

It's the same reception I was met with by the store, I am licensed to own firearms, but try to get a machete and all of a sudden I want to behead someone in the name of IS.

Poison it and pull it out you weakling.
\

Poison something I need to get out over the next week and then plant other trees in its place, yeah not the best idea.

Arksy

Please explain, for those who don't follow the markets.

Every single expert thinks that the AUD is highly overvalued, yet every time there's a downward trend and people brace themselves for the "big drop"....like we were doing at the start of the week when the markets opened......

The Aussie dollar just says "nope" and rises again.

It jumped almost a cent today....Not particularly significant other than to say there seems to be a lot of strength left in the currency.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
2nd non annual Radgaf meetup official list thingy

Where:
The elephant. Off Rundle St, Adelaide.

When:
September 20th 2014

Who:

Going-
Dead Man
Lucian Cat
Mr Tone
Jambo
Frawdder

Maybe-
Dryk
Vormund
friend of Lucian's

Join us peeps.

What time shall we make this meetup? Earliest I can be in town in about 6. Deadman, you leaving early or coming later?

Deeku

Every single expert thinks that the AUD is highly overvalued, yet every time there's a downward trend and people brace themselves for the "big drop"....like we were doing at the start of the week when the markets opened......

The Aussie dollar just says "nope" and rises again.

It jumped almost a cent today....Not particularly significant other than to say there seems to be a lot of strength left in the currency.
I agree AUD is over-valued, the fundamentals really aren't there any more..well, as much anyway.

The jump is significant though since it's related to China - the chinese central bank did a targeted stimulus thing, meaning policy makers are gonna do something after the weak data release earlier in the week, as opposed to what people were thinking before.

Mr. Tone

2nd non annual Radgaf meetup official list thingy

Where:
The elephant. Off Rundle St, Adelaide.

When:
September 20th 2014

Who:

Going-
Dead Man
Lucian Cat
Mr Tone
Jambo
Frawdder

Maybe-
Dryk
Vormund
friend of Lucian's

Join us peeps.

What time shall we make this meetup? Earliest I can be in town in about 6. Deadman, you leaving early or coming later?

I was at the Elephant last Saturday just after 6, it was pretty quiet, good time to get started. Happy Hour starts at 8, that's when it started getting a bit more crowded.

Dead Man

I cleared my calender just for GAF. I'm yours all night now. But yeah, 7ish seems good to me, but not too fussed personally, whatever time works for me.

Lucian Cat

I was at the Elephant last Saturday just after 6, it was pretty quiet, good time to get started. Happy Hour starts at 8, that's when it started getting a bit more crowded.
Cool. I need to behave this time. Gotta drive home afterwards so very little happy hour times for me :(
I cleared my calender just for GAF. I'm yours all night now. But yeah, 7ish seems good to me, but not too fussed personally, whatever time works for me.

Good man.
Let's say 6-7ish? I'll get there sometime between then. Also dunno if anyone else will do it, but I'm having one of those schnitzels again.

Dead Man

Cool. I need to behave this time. Gotta drive home afterwards so very little happy hour times for me :(

Good man.
Let's say 6-7ish? I'll get there sometime between then. Also dunno if anyone else will do it, but I'm having one of those schnitzels again.

Oh that's not a bad idea. I'll be grabbing dinner there too I reckon.

I'll get there around 6.

Tramming in, so I can have a few.

Apparently you will be needing to make up for Lucians shortfall. Driving? Pfft.

Stackboy

So hey, got a slim vita yesterday and it came with this.

I have no use for it because I'm using my US account on the vita. Figured I'd see if any of you guys want it.

If it's $0 I will gladly take it. I can say some nice things about you in exchange.

Two interesting movies i watched on the plane ride home (itunes rentals)

Frank
This is the one with Michael Fassbender wearing the funny head. The first half is like a grungier version of a Wes Anderson film and the second has more feels about mental illness. Worth a watch.

Tim's Vermeer
This is a doco directed by Teller, narrated by Penn about the guy whose company invented the video toaster and Lightwave, and his obsession with trying to work out how the 17th century Dutch painter Vermeer may have used a form of camera obscura in his work. It drags slightly in the second half but it well worth watching if you've ever held an interest in art history.

Lucian Cat

I thought that now you lived in the big city you'd be able to get hone via some kind of bus or tram or train or taxicab?
That lasted all of 5 weeks until the dude went crazy on me and I had to call the cops fearing my safety. I'm back in the barossa.

Debated getting a hotel but I'm not so rich after my holiday

Damn Lucian, hope you don't hear from him ever again :(

So hey, got a slim vita yesterday and it came with this.

I have no use for it because I'm using my US account on the vita. Figured I'd see if any of you guys want it.

I'd love the first 2 games but already own the last 3 so I'll leave it for Stackboy.

Awesome giveaway though!

WELCOME TO THE GREATEST HANDHELD GAMING DEVICE OF ALL TIME

xjPi6Th.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom