• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

senahorse

I got one from ebay last year. It was a display piece, but you can buy all sorts of melee weapons online as long as you get a $25 annual subscription to your states Collectors guild.

Thanks, ended up finding a store with one and came home with one of these:

Gerber-Bear-Grylls-Parang-Machete-Recall.jpg

Works really well, sliced through the lantana and branches up to an inch in diameter like butter.

On another note, don't worry about those Oneplus invites, I managed to snag a couple over the weekend.

Kritz

Banned
did those CIS building lunchroom times last year count as TasGAF meetups

or that one time MTE was coincidentally in the same pub as me and some friends but didn't tell me until later that night on Steam that he was there sitting across from us

He was probably put off by all the racist remarks Kritz

Joking!

Nice!

I played First Light and really liked it. Got the Platinum in like 5 hours though. $27 is a great price (a few bucks more than the DLC lol)

edit: wtf its $49 now. When I hit the link it was $27

Yeah was only on unannounced sale for like 5 hours o_O

:(

or that one time MTE was coincidentally in the same pub as me and some friends but didn't tell me until later that night on Steam that he was there sitting across from us

Lunchroom?

You mean tearoom, you fucking imposter.

I think Arnie picked that game because he wanted to find the biggest piece of shit game to make us suffer.

lmao, it had the biggest box so i picked it, and then there were nazis and blimps. also we needed like a 9 player boardgame or something and pickings were slim

kyser73

Evening.

Watching Sin City. Just as terrible as I remember it, but goddamn Jessica Alba is a fine looking lady.

I watched some fan edits of the SW prequels - removing most of the lovey-dovey stuff from Clones makes it 15% better, but Sith is a mixture of proper SW fun and unbelievable shitness. The Robot Chicken sketch Dr Orb sums up the worst bit when thingy dies of heartbreak or whatever. This juxtaposed with infanticide at the Jedi temple.

kyser73

Yeah. I watched it for the first time recently. The movie overall is quite eh, but the style is incredible. Frank Miller has such a great style.

Yeah, no getting away from the greatness of the aesthetic, although I find that, like Sky Captain, 300 & Beowolf there are moments when the use of flat floored green screen states does weird things to the perspective. It's something that judging from Sucker Punch & 300: Rise of an Empire, seems to have been fixed.

What's the best value option for a headset for my ps4? I am using hdmi into a computer monitor and need something better than the one ear mic included in the box.

Quasar

Yeah. I watched it for the first time recently. The movie overall is quite eh, but the style is incredible. Frank Miller has such a great style.

I loved it myself. Wish more US comic movies were as true. And loved how on the Bluray you could watch each story as a separate thing.

MoonGred

Is there a market for 2nd hand computer parts in Australia. I've had a look at Gumtree and ebay, but there doesn't seem to be anything on them. I'll put stuff on gaf buy and sell, but was just wondering if there was any place else.

quabba

Yup Gold 2.0 is a great headset. Built in mic is decent quality too, had no issues talking to a few people from AusGAF on Destiny with it.

I have these too and am happy with them but I havnt used the mic for anything yet.

I was buying a pair of $50 headphones at jb and asked if they could do a better price on the headset and they gave it to me for $109

What did they do this time?

their prepaid recharge thing is atrocious if you want to add credit via a voucher (as in you buy credit from the supermarket). You can only use online from the phone. but since I got the bare minimum without data (as a stopgap), and it won't let you use wifi since it can't recognise the number that way, you have to ring #100# and follow some prompts. sure, but there's nothing to say you succeeded or not.

legend166

So these police raids in Sydney today are pretty crazy. They will allege these people were planning to kidnap someone, drape them in the Islamic State flag and then behead them.

TheBear

So these police raids in Sydney today are pretty crazy. They will allege these people were planning to kidnap someone, drape them in the Islamic State flag and then behead them.

Yep, and from my suburb too. I also work in Martin Place so I'm pretty much fucked

That raid in Destiny is insane. Made it to the final part last night. It's not just killing bullet sponge enemies, there are stealth and platforming parts too. Teamowrk and communication are a must, there is no chance it can be completed with randoms.

Everything else including story missions and strikes are made to grind for loot. The Raid is the game!

Thanks, ended up finding a store with one and came home with one of these:

Works really well, sliced through the lantana and branches up to an inch in diameter like butter.

On another note, don't worry about those Oneplus invites, I managed to snag a couple over the weekend.

Great, they have been posting a lot more invites recently. Hope you like the phone.

MTE

I am a Preachers ninja.

Hey rep, the Akuma hoodie from RIPT arrived today. Great quality and design, slightly big though (american sizes).

It's more of a track top than a hoodie, not too bulky but still fairly warm. Thanks for the link :)

Rizzi

Blergh, yeah. Amazon just hates me.
PCGameSupply wants to charge me $90 for $70 of PSN credit, which seems a little excessive. Any cheap options?

MoonGred

That reddit photo that a guy from tecs took of the gtx970 for 520 AUD really bummed me out. Ah well all will be officially revealed soon.

That reddit photo that a guy from tecs took of the gtx970 for 520 AUD really bummed me out. Ah well all will be officially revealed soon.

Was of a non-reference model (could be a few bucks more because of that) and it was from a shop that doesn't have the cheapest prices. You could be looking at more like 480 from PCCG or something for a ref, just as a random figure pulled from my anus. But yeah, we'll soon know.

That raid in Destiny is insane. Made it to the final part last night. It's not just killing bullet sponge enemies, there are stealth and platforming parts too.
Damnnnnnnnn wish I didn't get drunk and waste last night on Wikipedia now >_<

Hey rep, the Akuma hoodie from RIPT arrived today. Great quality and design, slightly big though (american sizes).

It's more of a track top than a hoodie, not too bulky but still fairly warm. Thanks for the link :)

Nice! It's a zip hoodie right? That's exactly the type of hoodie I like. Warm but not thick.

Had an awesome Madman zip hoodie like 9 years ago that was similar, thin but warm fabric. So good. No idea what happened to it, might have given it to an ex but can't recall :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom