• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g27-g25-dfgt-undocumented-wheel-lock-settings-guide.286646/

I am using the 450 degree setting, while not totally realistic it matches the in-care animation 1:1, the 240 degree setting would be great for drift events or even go karts.
Holy shit, I had absolutely no idea that existed. And judging from the time of that post, no-one else did either. Such a weird thing, considering how long the G27 has been out for!

That setting is fantastic. It will get much use (I'll cross-post it in the PC Sim thread too).

If anyone from Geelong/Melb grabs and extra copy of Skyfall or Pacific Rim let me know! Need the Skyfall disc for the Bond 50 collection :)
Where/what etc.? I've been at Stereosonic all day and have no idea what you're talking about (I'm also busy all day tomorrow, but could possibly look for something Monday?).

Edit: Because I love it so much and it just randomly popped into my head, Crecente reviews SSMBB.
I love it so much.

lexi

Banned
Oh man, no appearance or "likely" appearance of Driveclub? Would be the perfect time for them to smash the living shit out of Forza.

PS. So this is just the VGAs with a different name, yeah?

And less dudebro fratboy-ism, so they've promised.

Shaneus

Hm. Go to stream it on PS3... app not found. Go to stream it on GT on 360... need Gold. So I'm watching the Steam stream.

Underwhelming so far, new DK looks like the SNES games, Joel McHale couldn't be more apathetic (which I'm kinda loving, TBH).

VGX- It's like Jeff Winger from Episode One Season 1 of Community when he had the hots for Britta. So angry

i want Broken Age, now. It's got Spyro in it.

Mar

Managed a 6th place finish in the final of one of my pinball leagues. The competition started in February and has been running all year. I'm pretty happy with 6th for three reasons:

1. I did pretty good in some rounds but there were a couple where I came second last. I managed a strong few games in the final to claw back some places.
2. Three of the people ahead of me are in the top 10 players in Australia.
3. My buddy won it, beating the number 1 ranked player in Australia.

All good fun. Looking forward to the comp again next year.

Now, to concentrate on the NSW final of the AUS / NZ pinball open next weekend. This one will be even harder...

Dead Man

Easy Peasy

Well, depends on the phone.

Xda-developers is the best resource for all that stuff.

HTC One mini. Never done any of the rooting or flashing or any of that perverted stuff, I've been looking around xda and android central but it's all crazy talk to me at the moment. I can assemble a pc but I can't change a start up image on a phone lol.

I'll keep reading and see if it click, cheers.

Eh. I have a lot of issues with 3D World after playing the first 2 levels. Mainly just design issues in regards to platforming and checkpoint design I guess. At least it was only $8.

Still not sure why Reggie went onto VGX just to show a gameplay video of Cranky Kong. Game itself looks like DKC Wii (which looked like NSMB DS/Wii/WiiU). At least this means Retro is definitely working on another, main project. No way that is taking up more than a dozen staff at most.

Especially when you see a small indie dev team of 4 people are making this. If they aren't getting help from SSM or someone else I will eat my hat! Insanely impressive.

Oh also, Naughty Dog still loves GAF.

DEFINITIVE EDITION THAT ISN'T ACTUALLY DEFINITIVE! IT IS A NEW PARADIGM.
1. It's on the definitive platforms.
2. It includes alternate costume to help you definitively define your character.
3. It's includes all the multiplayer DLC to have the definitive social experience with millions of other people.
4. All of this will definitively make you care for Lara as she murders the population of an island.

How's it feel to be so wrong?

Jesus, NintendoGAF going into super meltdown over everyone laughing at them. Starting to get sad now.

I love that they want full-price for this 'definitive version', talk about getting fleeced.

Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut all over again.

Like that instance, Tomb Raider DE will be $40 within a month or two.

The high RRP is to justify to shareholders/management the port project.

OH HAY LOOK AT THAT

BOTH GAMES HAVE THE SAME PUBLISHER!

Just remembered that lol

Square gonna Square. Gotta make unrealistic expectations of gross revenue.

At least Square have been aggressive in price cutting, to their detriment at times. All their titles hit $30 on consoles quicker than any other publisher. PC keys hit $10 fast too.

Quasar

VGX- It's like Jeff Winger from Episode One Season 1 of Community when he had the hots for Britta. So angry.

Was pretty awesome. That and the Banderas. Well it was nice seeing non dudebro games getting some promotion on it. That at least is a step forward.

Quasar

I love that they want full-price for this 'definitive version', talk about getting fleeced.

I've always wondered about that. Just how much would a nextgen version cost to justify its price. On the hand what is the psn/xbl prices for the current gen versions?

So, if I buy an Android phone outright but it has a stupid Telstra splash screen how hard is that to get rid of?

Pretty easy, but depends on the phone.

VGX was really lame, apart from Witcher 3 and No Man's Sky

and

ihWMTOmCnsTz4.gif

markot

Banned
Someone with a killzone talking about the quality of ANY other game ^_^ So cute!

Killzone only exists because its a sony exclusive and the sonyrons need their halo 'killer'.

Killzone has its appeal but I'm not really enjoying it this time around. Well, I was until I got Battlefield 4 with that Amazon deal and I haven't touched it since. Barely had any issues outside of not getting my XP one time after a particularly good game I had.

FTFY

Just fucking around! All launches are barren as fuck

I don't disagree. Wii U launch was pretty much nothing if you don't want another New Super Mario or didn't click with Zombi U (though Nintendo Land was pretty damn good for what it was). I wasn't the one who started throwing shade at franchises though.

Danoss

guys i started watching season 1 of the genius and then youtube pulled all the eps.
any other suggestion on where i can find them?

Dammit! I hadn't noticed that, but was checking periodically to see if the latest sub was out. Most links point to the same videos, so that was your best bet.

Upon checking the page, I notice they now have a twitter account you can follow for updates. 20% progress on the latest episode and not looking good for a re-up of season 1, sadly. Fingers crossed something happens.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
OMG LAFIEL IS GOING TO BRISBANE THIS MONTH FOR 4 DAYS THEREFORE BRISGAF MEET-UP!

When?: December 14th, Saturday 5:00 pm start.

Where?: The Mana Bar: 420 Brunswick St, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006

Attending: Lafiel, Lexi, Shanshan310, Rlan, Bulbagarden

Maybe: Catbug/Will, Stackboy, FallbackPants.

Not Attending:

Notes: I'll probably book a table at the Mana Bar (since I hear it gets pretty packed) I'll PM a awesome picture of myself to those who haven't met me before. (which is everyone except for shanshan ;p) or give you my mobile number.

Two RL friends of mine might be in attendance.. one of them is described by others as a slightly older version of myself with a american accent!

OMG ONLY ONE MORE WEEK TILL I GRACE BRISBANE WITH MY PRESENCE!

Please don't infect AusGAF with rampant fanboyism :(

It didn't end well last time.

The Ninty back and forth in here pales compared to over on Gaming side, which reads like a bunch of Presidents around the world in their bunkers, fingers on the NUKE THIS SHIT button.
Just some good natured ribbing in here!
We all know a 3 platform existence is required to cover all the game genres you need to scratch an itch.

guys i started watching season 1 of the genius and then youtube pulled all the eps.
any other suggestion on where i can find them?

Did they have ads? Probably linked to Youtube cracking down on ANY videos that have ads that the content isn't 100% approved.

Someone out there must have downloaded the Youtube version though.

r1chard

Anyone know of a region-friendly online store I can set up some blu-rays for a wishlist? ie. not amazon.com (and amazon.co.uk gets confused too with wishlists and region codes, or at least I've found relatives get confused...)

Anyone know of a region-friendly online store I can set up some blu-rays for a wishlist? ie. not amazon.com (and amazon.co.uk gets confused too with wishlists and region codes, or at least I've found relatives get confused...)

Blu-Ray is the site I use for checking region information and such. They have a Collection system you could use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom