• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take more offence to South Park being in there than Bob's Burgers. I mean it doesn't deserve to be there either, but Bob's Burgers isn't that good. It's OK, made better because H Jon Benjamin is awesome

Ingram

So I can get a 3DS XL for $199 with this TGG voucher. I'm in no rush however, as long as I get one before the Mario 3D Land promotion ends. Too busy with my massive backlog to even consider adding another platform to my list. Ignore that I have Zelda OOT/ALBW and Fire Emblem coming for Christmas.

I want to finish ALTTP before I even touch those Zelda games.

Ingram

Caved! Picked up a red XL for $194. About to charge it up, redeem some codes to get Mario 3D Land, and download the Bravely Default demo :)

Ingram

Gotta love the Nintendo Club website. It won't submit my membership when I use my normal strong password, was getting a blank back. Thankfully I went back and used a simple password and it worked :/

Thought I'd lose my 3DS points and make getting Mario much more difficult!

Jeez they really grill you with 20 questions every time you submit a code? I'm fucking with them now, when I say what really made me want their particular product I tick TV Advertising... Haha don't think I've seen a Nintendo advertisement here in regional Victoria for quite some time.

lexi

Banned
Hah, gotta love GT6.

YOU NEED A PATCH TO PLAY THIS GAME.

1.2GB later...

AN UPDATE IS AVAILABLE TO PLAY THIS GAME.

smh

The Archer season opener that was a 100% callback to Bob's Burgers was risky but oh-so worth it.

Worst thing about console gaming last gen was the odious manner in which it handled updates. That was some amateur hour shit.

Dead Man

Hah, gotta love GT6.

YOU NEED A PATCH TO PLAY THIS GAME.

1.2GB later...

AN UPDATE IS AVAILABLE TO PLAY THIS GAME.

smh
Are you kidding me? Fucking online consoles are the worst thing to happen to gaming. Unfinished games and micro transactions, yay :/

You're tentatively approved for level 1, but remember membership can be revoked at any time if you don't keep it up!

Level 2 is approved when you start drinking interesting styles like or 'strange' things like beer with fruit. Level 3 when you drink barrel aged stuff, go to bars just for something special. Level 4 when you drink beer with truly weird things like mushrooms, sage or sour beers. Level 5 when you do international beer swaps, or drink chicha.

Shaneus

Are you kidding me? Fucking online consoles are the worst thing to happen to gaming. Unfinished games and micro transactions, yay :/
Nope, not at all. Admittedly the 1.2GB downloaded pretty quickly (2-3 minutes?) and the second update was less than 30 seconds, but fucking hell it's tedious.

On the bright side, not one mention of IAP, Bathurst and the menus aren't harder to navigate than Sydney's streets.

HOWEVER:
Has anyone found this? I was in the middle of navigating through quick settings in free drive and my G27 just flat out refuses to navigate out of the menu. The ticker still scrolls down the bottom so it isn't locked up... it just doesn't do anything.

Edit: Just powered up my DS3, couldn't navigate either (even after reassigning it as the #1 controller). Went to the PS menu and did "Quit game", which proceeded to restart the PS3, beep three times then tell me the console didn't shut down correctly.

WTF.

Edit #2: Yo Gaz, check this out. Was in the Firewhatever (new Studio Liverpool phoenix dev) thread:
Now go, and do a new Terrorpods, Neo Neo Psygnosis...

Terrorpods.jpg
Melbourne House? WTF.

Axiom

As much as it lets developers get away with broken stuff on consoles, I remember vividly wishing I could patch WWF No Mercy on the N64 so it actually could save a game.

So I'm really glad I can patch over the internet.

Jintor

Jet Set Radio still looks surprisingly fucking rad as balls on PC in 2013. Dat artstyle. FFVIII shots look pixelly as fuck but Holy thinks it's crisp? Idk.

vanty

Breaking Bad: The Complete Collection (15 Discs) Blu-ray is $74 at Big W right now. Still in stock so get on that quick. RRP is $150 by the way...

Oh and Socceroos got Spain, Netherlands and Chile in the World Cup draw. Better to get smacked by the best than be embarrassed by fellow middling teams I suppose.

senahorse

Really enjoying GT6, it's not the prettiest racer on the block (looks fine though), but the driving is really fun on the G25, with the lock adjusted.

Jintor

So I got a PSN password reset link-click message I didn't ask for, and logging into the PSN interface via store.sonyentertainmentonline is bugged - it seems to log me in fine, but whilel auth.sonyentertainment works fine, the store won't actually log that I'm logged in. Anybody know what's going on? Hope I didn't get hacked :-/

lexi

Banned
I naively thought I could walk into a Big W before 9am and get a tearaway bundle. NOPE. FML I hate this bargain culture, people are savages. I hate the world.

Rant over.

Jintor

I naively thought I could walk into a Big W before 9am and get a tearaway bundle. NOPE. FML I hate this bargain culture, people are savages. I hate the world.

Rant over.

Are you complaining about people wanting bargains (like you did) or about people, like, buying 50 bargains and onselling?

Anyway, false alarm, it's just Playstation being completely shitty with their message. My password expired so they sent me an auto-link to renew, but they didn't tell me that it was a password expired link instead of a 'someone's trying to get into your account and tried to reset your password' link. And of course you can't log into the PSN store with an expired password, so it didn't let me in. Had to dig out the (near powerless) Vita and log-in first.

lexi

Banned
Are you complaining about people wanting bargains (like you did) or about people, like, buying 50 bargains and onselling?

Anyway, false alarm, it's just Playstation being completely shitty with their message. My password expired so they sent me an auto-link to renew, but they didn't tell me that it was a password expired link instead of a 'someone's trying to get into your account and tried to reset your password' link. And of course you can't log into the PSN store with an expired password, so it didn't let me in. Had to dig out the (near powerless) Vita and log-in first.

The latter.

Shaneus

Really enjoying GT6, it's not the prettiest racer on the block (looks fine though), but the driving is really fun on the G25, with the lock adjusted.
Lock?

So I got a PSN password reset link-click message I didn't ask for, and logging into the PSN interface via store.sonyentertainmentonline is bugged - it seems to log me in fine, but whilel auth.sonyentertainment works fine, the store won't actually log that I'm logged in. Anybody know what's going on? Hope I didn't get hacked :-/
Check your recent purchases. Seriously.

And good luck getting a refund.

I decided to install GT5 and play that instead of buying GT6, since I didn't play much of GT5. It's amazing it was released three years ago!

Downloading update 10 of 25, 1192 MB.

lexi

Banned
In good news I actually managed a pretty good deal from JB on a Vita.

$249 for a Wifi Vita, One of those 'starter packs' with cases and such, Tearaway and LBP2.

Spelunky on the Vita was worth triple dipping for. It is a perfect match for the system.

Tried some Resogun remote play and it seems pretty responsive. It was same room though, I imagine using a remote connection would be terrible.

In good news I actually managed a pretty good deal from JB on a Vita.

$249 for a Wifi Vita, One of those 'starter packs' with cases and such, Tearaway and LBP2.
Good pickup, lexi. Both are very good and enjoyable albeit similar games. LBP is probably the best of the series... which may or may not mean much depending upon your opinion of the series.

Planet_JASE, if you need Sony digital friends.

Spelunky on the Vita was worth triple dipping for. It is a perfect match for the system.

Tried some Resogun remote play and it seems pretty responsive. It was same room though, I imagine using a remote connection would be terrible.
Remote Play is only 30fps atm so that would be noticeable with Resogun.

senahorse

Found three undocumented settings from G27, one of them removes deadzone from center, is this "we know it already" stuff and no need for topic at all?

Personally haven't know it before.

Instructions later if people think at this is something what they want to know.

G27_UDG_mini.jpg

[1+2] + O = ~670°
[1+2] + S = ~450°
[1+2] + X = 900° Resets to default
[1+2] + T = ~240°

1 and 2 buttons goes down almost same time, I have used order 1-2 and then selection without any specific delay, then releasing selection key and also 1 and 2 buttons.
*After many tests can say at just hold 1+2 down and then select TSOX-mode which you want to use.
Have done it everywhere, on track, on menus, so doesn't matter where, only doing it after wheel calibration, 'coz calibration resets these modes.

After successful mode change you feel it when turning wheel toward lock, there will be a FFB-engine powered lock what you feel on chosen radius.

G25 confirmed also to work same as G27
Works also on DFGT (1=start 2=select) (some works, some not..weird)

If you like it please tell me it also, and if understanding better some of those modes please tell here it also and we'll update this post.
(c)OdeFinn (lol)

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g27-g25-dfgt-undocumented-wheel-lock-settings-guide.286646/

I am using the 450 degree setting, while not totally realistic it matches the in-care animation 1:1, the 240 degree setting would be great for drift events or even go karts.

lexi

Banned
You paid for a vita. That's a bad deal.

For $249 I think I'm in the realm of approaching being able to buy a 3DS XL! Just the console!

I refuse to engage in bargain hunting just to buy an inferior piece of hardware at an equitable price.

markot

Banned
For $249 I think I'm in the realm of approaching being able to buy a 3DS XL! Just the console!

I refuse to engage in bargain hunting just to buy an inferior piece of hardware at an equitable price.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha