• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stackboy

Will ausgaf be present in forza horizon 2? The multiplayer looks much fun, but I'm practically friendsless on xbox =(

I'll be playing it, but not for a couple of weeks. Getting married and honeymoon and all that. Gamertag is Stackboy Royale if you want to add me.

I already sent the code to Stackboy. I dunno if he's used it or not though.

Sorry I was off the grid yesterday, I cashed in the code this morning, thanks Rizzi!!

How difficult is it to get an Australian VPN?

Also I'd be willing to throw a couple bucks a month to GAFer for their account. Literally all I want is access to Max TV. Don't care about anythign else.

I think this is the weirdest thing I have heard this week. VPN into Australia.

Arksy

Where in the states were you guys, and for how long?

Depending on a few different things, I'll probably be moving to San Diego in the near future.

Darren870

Where in the states were you guys, and for how long?

Depending on a few different things, I'll probably be moving to San Diego in the near future.

I'm from NY originally. San Diego is really nice though, one of the better California cities if you ask me.

Quasar

I think this is the weirdest thing I have heard this week. VPN into Australia.

Its not that weird. There's lots of expats out there.

Not a VPN, but I wonder if getflix would work to accessing iview from outside Australia.

Though that probably wouldn;t help with Foxtel Play. Speaking of which, their fine print says:

*New Australian residential users with a compatible internet connected device running an eligible operating system.

So it would clearly be geolocked.

I found this comparison article though of VPNs with Australian ips.

https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/9214/5-best-vpns-for-australia-2014-edition/

Yea I know the prices are somewhat justified, I'm probably a bit jaded. It was a massive shock for me when I went to my first Aussie pub and had to pay 6$ for a beer. I remember people in Belgium cracking over a 10cent price increase.
Tell me about it. I was in Belgium for a week last year and it was all I could do not to leave the country with one of everything.

Might check out those places next weekend. Have you got any other local recommendations.
There's not a lot of great beer shops (quite a few bars now), but those two are probably the best and they're conveniently close to one another.

senahorse

Its not that weird. There's lots of expats out there.

Not a VPN, but I wonder if getflix would work to accessing iview from outside Australia.

Though that probably wouldn;t help with Foxtel Play. Speaking of which, their fine print says:

So it would clearly be geolocked.

I found this comparison article though of VPNs with Australian ips.

https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/9214/5-best-vpns-for-australia-2014-edition/

It's not super hard (bit of Linux knowledge required) to set up your own dns and reverse proxy to do this. In fact you could use the free tier in Amazon Web Services to accomplish this.

Darren870

Will put this out there again

Anyone have an USD currency in there paypal that they are looking to get rid of? Will happily swap it for AUD.

Need some USD in my bank account for my US CC Bill.

jambo

So do I just need to set up my XBone with UnBlockUs DNS and then I can access the US store prices?

Also EB have Trials Fusion Deluxe on XBone for $23, which seems pretty good.

Lego Undercover is a MUST buy people.

Target sale, instore and online

LEGO Undercover on WiiU for $47
New Art Academy on 3DS for $12
Infamous Second Son on PS4 for $49
Infamous First Light on PS4 for $20

LEGO CITY MOTHERFUCKING UNDERCOVER

also
Infamous is okay at best but if you have a PS4 it's worth playing, it's just not worth buying a PS4 to play- if you undertstand my meaning

jambo

Also Trials has been that price a bunch of times. Buy it if you wanna play Trials I guess. That game fell off the radar super fast.

I already have it on Steam, just posting for others.

I have Destiny and Forza 5 for XBone, next purchase will be Horizon 2 and then if nothing else comes up, Halo MCC.

EDIT: Also maybe Diablo III if I can get it cheapo.

Gazunta

Today I'm using the office intern to unlock all the characters in LEGO Marvel for me.

I'm giving tomorrow's generation useful skills!

jambo

Today I'm using the office intern to unlock all the characters in LEGO Marvel for me.

I'm giving tomorrow's generation useful skills!

OHNLr8x.jpg

Dick Smith has $15 off of orders over $65 with the code TRY15

Bought Driveclub with it. Been craving something akin to old school Need For Speed and I'm hoping it delivers on that front. If not, I'm pretty sure I can make my $55 back.

jambo

I'm going to try out Driveclub via the PS+ edition.

Really looking forward to Forza Horizon 2 though, getting real TDU vibes from it.

Gazunta

Now I've gotten him to play Driver PS1 on Vita and try to get past the first fucking bullshit garage level. I'm a real mean bastard of a boss sometimes.

We had no memory card when I was younger so I had to do the driving test every time I wanted to play the game. Really don't remember it being difficult at all.

Mr. Tone

Dick Smith has $15 off of orders over $65 with the code TRY15

Bought Driveclub with it. Been craving something akin to old school Need For Speed and I'm hoping it delivers on that front. If not, I'm pretty sure I can make my $55 back.

Preordered GTAV PS4, cheers. Don't expect it'll be any cheaper than $55 on release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom