• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

So these police raids in Sydney today are pretty crazy. They will allege these people were planning to kidnap someone, drape them in the Islamic State flag and then behead them.

Have to admit I continue to have trouble seeing it as anything other that Team Australia security theatre.

Quasar

Installed ios8 on my ipad3. Seems to run about as well as ios7, thought swiftkey runs badly (takes more than a second to appear). Dunno if this is 1.0 bullshit, the way apple implemented 3rd party keyboards, or my ipad being old.

Damnnnnnnnn wish I didn't get drunk and waste last night on Wikipedia now >_<

Nice! It's a zip hoodie right? That's exactly the type of hoodie I like. Warm but not thick.
(

Pointless attempting it at a level below 26. Gear up.

Yes, it is zipped. I just hate it when the zippers break :(

Tried the GAF B/S/T thread?

Also what's the issue with Amazon? Don't like your Paypal account or something?

Amazon doesn't accept paypal.

MoonGred

I've done some stupid shit when drunk and near a computer, but never have I spent a night on Wikipedia, is it just like the rabbithole that youtube is?

Amazon doesn't accept paypal.
Really? Had no idea, that seems odd. I always use my 28 degrees card.

I've done some stupid shit when drunk and near a computer, but never have I spent a night on Wikipedia, is it just like the rabbithole that youtube is?

Pretty much! Been an issue for me for years. Once I look one thing up it just spirals until I end up seeing how many years there were between each David Bowie album and checking why such things happened o_O

MoonGred

Really? Had no idea, that seems odd. I always use my 28 degrees card.

Pretty much! Been an issue for me for years. Once I look one thing up it just spirals until I end up seeing how many years there were between each David Bowie album and checking why such things happened o_O

This sounds so much more useful than watching youtube videos. On account that you could actually pick up on some interesting stuff
The day I spent ages watching crappy homemade stop motion actionman/gj joe videos with Italian subtitles was a dark time, having sixpackshortcut adds in between every video didn't help tge situation either.

So hey, got a slim vita yesterday and it came with this.

I have no use for it because I'm using my US account on the vita. Figured I'd see if any of you guys want it.

If no one else has claimed this, I would love to use it :)

At the very least it helps me justify getting a 64GB Memory card... Haha!

Question I've asked in here before but have never gotten a good response...

Does anyone know if I'm living in the US if there's any way at all to get access to Foxtel? Specifically Max Television Station? Could I get the ap and pay an Aussie to use their account or will my IP address be in the US block me from watching?

I haven't lived in Australia for over 4 years now and all I ever want is to watch Max TV again. SO BADLY.

I would love anyone forever if they knew the answer to this question.

legend166

Hmm, yeah I think I got confused. They introduced Smooth TV.

Anyway, you'd probably have to find someone to share their account with you so you can use the tablet app. I also assume you'd need a Australian VPN.

Hmm, yeah I think I got confused. They introduced Smooth TV.

Anyway, you'd probably have to find someone to share their account with you so you can use the tablet app. I also assume you'd need a Australian VPN.

How difficult is it to get an Australian VPN?

Also I'd be willing to throw a couple bucks a month to GAFer for their account. Literally all I want is access to Max TV. Don't care about anythign else.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut and Wasteland 2 out today! It's a golden age for the traditional WRPG fan.

I'll be doing beer stuff most of the weekend so won't get to play either. But tomorrow is Zwanze Day (and I've got tickets!), so hard to get annoyed.

How difficult is it to get an Australian VPN?

Also I'd be willing to throw a couple bucks a month to GAFer for their account. Literally all I want is access to Max TV. Don't care about anythign else.

You know, The only thing that I wanted to see in the US that i couldn't was iview, since I wanted to see Utopia (the Australian series, not the US show of the same name, or the UK show of the same name). Now that I'm back, I'm back to getting those pesky "not available in your country" messages

Just out of interest, where do you get your Vegemite/Tim tams from?

How much were the tickets?
$15 a ticket. Includes a tiny sample and a souvenir glass of the extremely limited keg of the Zwanze beer. Unfortunately totally sold out (I'm actually relying on someone else to onsell tickets to me at the event since I completely missed the virtually unannounced sale).

You know, The only thing that I wanted to see in the US that i couldn't was iview, since I wanted to see Utopia (the Australian series, not the US show of the same name, or the UK show of the same name). Now that I'm back, I'm back to getting those pesky "not available in your country" messages

Just out of interest, where do you get your Vegemite/Tim tams from?

TimTam's you can randomly find at the occasional Target/Walgreens/Amazon. Never really cared for Vegemite. Do miss Lift soda though... can't find that anywhere.

Why is it so incredibly impossible to get Australian programming outside of the country? So frustrating.

I grabbed this last night, but from JBHiFi, as they will match any retail bundle in Australia.

I checked 3 Dick Smith's and none of them had all of the parts of the bundle.

I really do recommend getting Kinect bundles. I still haven't used it for any game but the OS / media centre functionality is greatly improved by it.

TimTam's you can randomly find at the occasional Target/Walgreens/Amazon. Never really cared for Vegemite. Do miss Lift soda though... can't find that anywhere.

Why is it so incredibly impossible to get Australian programming outside of the country? So frustrating.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

jambo

I really do recommend getting Kinect bundles. I still haven't used it for any game but the OS / media centre functionality is greatly improved by it.

Mate of mine is an EB manager so he's had the Kinect XBone since day 1, so I got to use it a fair bit.

It's honestly been a lot more of a hassle than a convenience. There are a lot of times when we're talking and the XBone will think it hears a command and just do random shit.

I'd rather have $100 to go towards Forza Horizon 2 and the MCC than a Kinect.

Mate of mine is an EB manager so he's had the Kinect XBone since day 1, so I got to use it a fair bit.

It's honestly been a lot more of a hassle than a convenience. There are a lot of times when we're talking and the XBone will think it hears a command and just do random shit.

I'd rather have $100 to go towards Forza Horizon 2 and the MCC than a Kinect.

Look buddy it's not Microsoft's fault that you can't speak English properly. ;)

Works for me really well, the main time it misses is when I'm giving a command at the same time as making a loud noise like closing a door. Xbox On/Turn Off and Play/Pause are basically flawless and super convenient for it.

MoonGred

$15 a ticket. Includes a tiny sample and a souvenir glass of the extremely limited keg of the Zwanze beer. Unfortunately totally sold out (I'm actually relying on someone else to onsell tickets to me at the event since I completely missed the virtually unannounced sale).

That's actually pretty reasonable. I've been wanting to go to the melb beer cafe, but the prices for the beers I like are outrageous. Living in Belgium my entire life spoiled me when it came to beer so I'm not expecting those prices but 15$ for a delirium is a but too much for my liking.

That's actually pretty reasonable. I've been wanting to go to the melb beer cafe, but the prices for the beers I like are outrageous. Living in Belgium my entire life spoiled me when it came to beer so I'm not expecting those prices but 15$ for a delirium is a but too much for my liking.
Those are bar prices though, which are generally twice what you'd pay in a store. Even $7-8 for a Delirium compared to Belgian prices is insane, but considering the distance makes it more understandable.

There's a lot of great local beers to be found $4-5 each (less if bought in bulk), though the Belgian style beers here are good, they're not a patch on proper Belgian stuff, in particular lambics. Check out Purvis Beer and Slow Beer in Richmond (about 2 blocks away from one another), the selection there is pretty good (Slow Beer recently had Kriek Boon on tap, and Rodenbach Caractere Rouge etc, though I haven't seen much Cantillon around for ages, hence why I'm excited for Zwanze Day) and the prices about the same as you'll pay anywhere else in Melbourne.

I grabbed this last night, but from JBHiFi, as they will match any retail bundle in Australia.

I checked 3 Dick Smith's and none of them had all of the parts of the bundle.

Nice, fucking hate it when franchises advertise shit they're not prepared to sell in stock.

MoonGred

Those are bar prices though, which are generally twice what you'd pay in a store. Even $7-8 for a Delirium compared to Belgian prices is insane, but considering the distance makes it more understandable.

There's a lot of great local beers to be found $4-5 each (less if bought in bulk), though the Belgian style beers here are good, they're not a patch on proper Belgian stuff, in particular lambics. Check out Purvis Beer and Slow Beer in Richmond (about 2 blocks away from one another), the selection there is pretty good (Slow Beer recently had Kriek Boon on tap, and Rodenbach Caractere Rouge etc, though I haven't seen much Cantillon around for ages, hence why I'm excited for Zwanze Day) and the prices about the same as you'll pay anywhere else in Melbourne.

Yea I know the prices are somewhat justified, I'm probably a bit jaded. It was a massive shock for me when I went to my first Aussie pub and had to pay 6$ for a beer. I remember people in Belgium cracking over a 10cent price increase.

Might check out those places next weekend. Have you got any other local recommendations.

I'd be excited for the zwanze day as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom