• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1chard

Those comics are 7 years old dude!

Yeah, and I still chuckle at their portal comic :)

20071012.jpg

Darren870

Those are bar prices though, which are generally twice what you'd pay in a store. Even $7-8 for a Delirium compared to Belgian prices is insane, but considering the distance makes it more understandable.

There's a lot of great local beers to be found $4-5 each (less if bought in bulk), though the Belgian style beers here are good, they're not a patch on proper Belgian stuff, in particular lambics. Check out Purvis Beer and Slow Beer in Richmond (about 2 blocks away from one another), the selection there is pretty good (Slow Beer recently had Kriek Boon on tap, and Rodenbach Caractere Rouge etc, though I haven't seen much Cantillon around for ages, hence why I'm excited for Zwanze Day) and the prices about the same as you'll pay anywhere else in Melbourne.

Went to Purvis today, great selection!

markot

Banned
I'm not into Seinfeld

Oh, I guess I get why you didnt like my jibes on Hitler in the past >.< YOU ARE HIM.

Why do car makers still have 'brouchures' on their webistes? What century is this? The one Hitler was born in?

Buying a new car us too daunting.

Also second hand cars are so expensive, 200k 5 years old and $5k off the new car price? tell em theyre dreamin.

Must be a Tassie thing :/

What? What's the local price?

Any benches? I've got a 670 and wondering what sort of increase I can expect?
2 new cards, the top tier, fastest card around 980 and the lower end of the premium scale 970.
Standard GTX 970 retail in the US is $330 RRP, $459 here in Australia.

Importing the EVGA card through Amazon costs a grand total of $378 Abbott bux. Posted to your door.

Performance specs!

Here's a handy graph, your 670 is rated at 65% of a 970. So not too bad but if you are having to turn down settings to get a decent framerate atm it would let you crank everything up.

Yeah, and I still chuckle at their portal comic :)

20071012.jpg

I still have a lot of the old old stuff on a CD somewhere, copied the images off the website as I used to re-read them so often when I was drunk/bored back in my uni days lol

I really only read Gaz's stuff these days!
Although my GOAT is Sam & Fuzzy but the large arcs he shifted to meant I wanted to wait to digest them all at once, which led to me never going back lol :(

markot

Banned
Wow. No I know why you guys love vitas so much. You dont have any sory of taste that could be described as good.... at all.... ever..... even a bit....

hidys

Wow. No I know why you guys love vitas so much. You dont have any sory of taste that could be described as good.... at all.... ever..... even a bit....

You hate Metal Gear and the Vita?

Jesus Christ... I was with you on Destiny and The Phantom Menace but this I cannot abide by.

Why are you so full of hate?

isoquant

Cowboys, again!

The last 'knock on' was borderline - so rough to take the season off them on that call.

But worse than that, the only reason the Roosters were in front was because they got six tackles in front of the post off a SBW knock on.

Fark.

The Phantom Menace is a shit movie, but it's way better than the other 2. The 2nd prequel is without a doubt one of the worst movies I've ever seen in terms of enjoyment.

MoonGred

The Phantom Menace is a shit movie, but it's way better than the other 2. The 2nd prequel is without a doubt one of the worst movies I've ever seen in terms of enjoyment.

I don't recall any of it, but isn't the 3rd one supposed to be the best, if what you're saying is true, then I'm glad I don't remember any of it.

The voice acting in D4 is terribly amazing.

Must be a Tassie thing :/

2 new cards, the top tier, fastest card around 980 and the lower end of the premium scale 970.
Standard GTX 970 retail in the US is $330 RRP, $459 here in Australia.

Importing the EVGA card through Amazon costs a grand total of $378 Abbott bux. Posted to your door.

Performance specs!

Here's a handy graph, your 670 is rated at 65% of a 970. So not too bad but if you are having to turn down settings to get a decent framerate atm it would let you crank everything up.

I still have a lot of the old old stuff on a CD somewhere, copied the images off the website as I used to re-read them so often when I was drunk/bored back in my uni days lol

I really only read Gaz's stuff these days!
Although my GOAT is Sam & Fuzzy but the large arcs he shifted to meant I wanted to wait to digest them all at once, which led to me never going back lol :(

Brilliant, thanks for that.

Soule

Cowboys, again!

The last 'knock on' was borderline - so rough to take the season off them on that call.

But worse than that, the only reason the Roosters were in front was because they got six tackles in front of the post off a SBW knock on.

Fark.

Yeah mate I'm still fucking digesting it. I can live with the knock on call but the SBW knock on and SKD obvious shepherd let go towards the end were the real killers. No wonder they floated the idea of a conspiracy last year, also the post game interviews... ugh.

Sad :(

I don't recall any of it, but isn't the 3rd one supposed to be the best, if what you're saying is true, then I'm glad I don't remember any of it.

I was blazed out of my mind when we went to the release and I still fell asleep after like half an hour.
We all did.

It's got some redeeming qualities but most of it is schlock. Just throwing shit at the wall in terms of visuals to the point where it just becomes a painful blur to your mind.
The 'big' showdown goes for fucking forever and is on the same level as Transformers in terms of empty, hollow action.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Just went to see area 7.

I've now seen nobody likes a bogan live.
Seen electric six play gay bar live.

Early 2000s nick is pretty chuffed right now.

Jintor

The phantom menace is terrible not just as a star wars fan, but as a movie fan. It is clunky, lifeless, meandering and boring as hell. There only good things in it are Liam neeson and Ewan McGregor

The phantom menace is terrible not just as a star wars fan, but as a movie fan. It is clunky, lifeless, meandering and boring as hell. There only good things in it are Liam neeson and Ewan McGregor

Yeah they did okay with absolutely terrible dialogue and ZERO idea what was going on in the scene around them since so much was green screen. Neeson especially.

Feels like an adventure movie at some points, which was enjoyable for me in those patches of time. The plot and pacing is painful though.

Gazunta

Surely nobody actually likes the phantom menace.

Right?
The other morning I did a snap poll of everyone in the office about what Space action movie they liked best.

Most people chose Star Wars, but one guy chose Star Wars PREQUELS.

AND YET I WAS THE MONSTER FOR SAYING HE SHOULD BE FIRED

It's complicated.

I find TPM pretty ordinary and prefer the other two prequels (which still have a looooot of problems with direction, pacing, acting and script but aren't as bad as TPM)

TPM would be thought of much more highly without one character who just isn't needed.

In the pantheon of the six current star wars films, TPM is the one that came out with the most hype, and the most level of disappointment since they were hoping for so much more. I find this silly since the special editions proved George Lucas had developed a tin ear. Actually, RotJ had proven that. Everyone was hoping for another Empire, would settle happily for A New Hope, but got a leaden Return of the Jedi.

That said, when I compare TPM to other SF and Fantasy movies, I would rather watch TPM than The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, which is truly awful. I vastly prefer Game of Thrones than anything Tolkien but DoS is spectacularly woeful, even worse than the first Hobbit movie and far worse than the LotR, whose main problem is terrible pacing. At this stage I don't know if I'll bother with the last Hobbit.

Putting TPM up against other SF movies of the 90's. TPM is on a level with Star Trek Insurrection (watchable but nothing special), Independence Day (silly goofy action). The audience had a right to expect more from a Star Wars film.

I'm looking forward to a George Lucas free Star Wars, but expectations need to be in check. Also, you tend to enjoy things more if you don't go into them hyped up.

Gazunta, I'm reading my hard copy of your book right now. You ARE a monster.
keep it up

TPM has irritating child actor Anakin. AOTC has angsty creepy romance Anakin. But AOTC also has more consistently good action and a better plot. Neither of them are good movies but I'll take AOTC any day.

ROTS is better than both by a comfortable margin, it's a solid film. Not great but not bad.

MoonGred

The other morning I did a snap poll of everyone in the office about what Space action movie they liked best.

Most people chose Star Wars, but one guy chose Star Wars PREQUELS.

AND YET I WAS THE MONSTER FOR SAYING HE SHOULD BE FIRED

How old was the person in question? Not that would excuse him of his wrong opinion. I can't comprehend how you could pick the prequels.

That said sounds like you work at a pretty fun place, making the intern play lego and all.

On the topic of lego, should I spend 7.5 on lego the movie the game. I've had an urge to play that one for some reason.

I have now seen Boyhood.

I doubt I'll end up seeing a better film this year. It's crazy to think how many things could have gone wrong in the making of it and yet it all comes together.

yeew glad you liked it
Apparently Linklater is making a spiritual sequel to Dazed & Confused with college kids so I expect more great things to come.

Just went to see area 7.

I've now seen nobody likes a bogan live.
Seen electric six play gay bar live.

Early 2000s nick is pretty chuffed right now.

Area 7 are still around huh? wow

How old was the person in question? Not that would excuse him of his wrong opinion. I can't comprehend how you could pick the prequels.

That said sounds like you work at a pretty fun place, making the intern play lego and all.

On the topic of lego, should I spend 7.5 on lego the movie the game. I've had an urge to play that one for some reason.

I didn't enjoy the Lego Movie the Game. Lego Marvel is probably the best one.

the fuck is wrong with the pirates of the caribbean sequels. sure theyre not as good as the original but fucking hell, theyre still great, fun movies

I really enjoyed the first Pirates movie, ignoring the bloated run time, but the sequels just sucked the fun out of it for me. They gave more time to characters I didn't care for and just got even more bloated. Depp got worse and worse in each one too.

Boyhood was utterly fantastic. Highly recommended.

I NEED to see this.

Dead Man

Damn it I've got a friend's going away party. Otherwise I'd totally be up for ruining your lives further. Next time! :D

(Yes, late response..I know..I know....scum of the earth etc.)

Not as late as mine lol. I'll allow it this time, but leave all of next year free in case RadGAF calls.

MoonGred

Damn I've got lego marvel, played it for 5min and i couldn't get into it. I was hoping that the movie the game would be more up my ally. I really likee undercover, and the movie the game looked similar.
What was it that you didn't like about it. I probably prefer the more traditional lego setting over superheroes

the fuck is wrong with the pirates of the caribbean sequels. sure theyre not as good as the original but fucking hell, theyre still great, fun movies

Seriously? They are bloated self absorbed turds. Both films are too long, have way too much Keira Knightley and take themselves way too seriously. The first film was nothing special but at least it was fun. Good effects in Dead Man's Chest, but that's about the only good thing I have to say about those sequels.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I didn't enjoy the Lego Movie the Game. Lego Marvel is probably the best one.

I really enjoyed the first Pirates movie, ignoring the bloated run time, but the sequels just sucked the fun out of it for me. They gave more time to characters I didn't care for and just got even more bloated. Depp got worse and worse in each one too.

I NEED to see this.

Have you played Lego city undercover? It was my first Lego game I played for more than a few hours. I tried to play marvel when it came out and some of the others and they just seem awful in comparison

Damn I've got lego marvel, played it for 5min and i couldn't get into it. I was hoping that the movie the game would be more up my ally. I really likee undercover, and the movie the game looked similar.
What was it that you didn't like about it. I probably prefer the more traditional lego setting over superheroes

I should give the Lego Movie game another chance but I had just sunk over 40 hours into the Marvel one and it was totally different.

Have you played Lego city undercover? It was my first Lego game I played for more than a few hours. I tried to play marvel when it came out and some of the others and they just seem awful in comparison

Haven't played Undercover. Heard good things. Will definitely check it out at one point. My favourite is still the original Star Wars ones but Marvel is up there. I don't like Harry Potter, so I couldn't get into those ones. Batman games are fun and I didn't like the Lord of the Rings ones as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom