• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck.

So my wiiu Gamepad won't charge. Any suggestions. Has been in the draw for a month or two. Went to play and it was dead, so put it on charge. No light etc. left over night and still nothing. After a quick Google took out battery and changed outlet and still nothing.

Am I missing anything obvious?

MTE

Is Metroid prime playable with dolphin, or are the motion controls awkward? I've never actually played it.

You may be able to play the Wii version with a gamepad as originally intended. If not, well, play the Gamecube version?

Great game.

kyser73

Wow, that was quite some anger from a Nintendo fan back there.

You guys are Edisons, stuck in your world, hiring people to patent things they invent, putting business above everything else. Nintendo is Tesla, bit mad, bit of a genius, but they try shit out, and dont sit there complaining when someone discovers moniters are able to display more then 3 different browns at the same time. Your like the drones in the apple ad watching the tv, nintendo runs in and busts it up, and you guys are all like 'hey we were watching that!' Futurama!

Just wow.

I don't care for Nintendo's flagship game franchises and haven't since the 80s. Like the Beatles, I appreciate the craftsmanship but I don't get the endless adulation.

MoonGred

You may be able to play the Wii version with a gamepad as originally intended. If not, well, play the Gamecube version?

Great game.

When I moved overseas I had to leave all my consoles behind, that said I guess I could play it on wiiu.

Any other highly underrated wii games? I've been looking for a boy and his blob for ages but presume it's US only.

So, I bought a PS4 on Saturday. Partially due to Destiny hype.
Well, not so much hype as I wanted to be part of the movement while people were still playing.
Does anyone have a sub-20 character that they might want to mess about with? I'm level 6 at the moment, I think, and I'd be keen to try out some co-op.

For any interested, my PSNID is TheEmptyE.
Some of you will have recieved friend requests from me already! :)

As a tangent, it's really annoying that you can't convert a subaccount to a master account. I used to (or still do) have EmptyE, but it's stuck as a sub-account of my brother's. It's was done this way so I could play his PSN stuff against my account, but we no longer live together >_<

I'll join you, when I can. I have been on holidays (overseas) for two weeks, so I am well behind everyone else here as far as progression in Destiny.

MTE

When I moved overseas I had to leave all my consoles behind, that said I guess I could play it on wiiu.

Any other highly underrated wii games? I've been looking for a boy and his blob for ages but presume it's US only.

A Boy and His Blob came out here; I have a copy. So it's around.

Omikron

A little angry there Markot? How has Zelda, Mario Kart and Smash Bros. innovated?

I will leave Mario out, as at least that series has changed it up a little, though not much since Mario 64. I love Nintendo games, but innovative is something they generally are not.

Nintendo are great at what they do. They find little gameplay nuggets and polish those until they are basically perfect in many instances.

Then occasionally they hit on something new (Wii sports etc), but those sparks are far between before they head back to polishing Goomba stomping again.

Nintendo games are undoubtedly fun (for the most part), but I think I just outgrew 'fun' and want something more now, be it some deep and interesting gameplay mechanics (EU4/CK2) or story driven games (Walking Dead, Gone Home) etc etc.

no_fun_allowed.bmp

I don't care for Nintendo's flagship game franchises and haven't since the 80s. Like the Beatles, I appreciate the craftsmanship but I don't get the endless adulation.

But didn't you know? Nintendo encapsulate the very essence of fun itself! They are like a rainbow coloured blast of vitality across a dull gaming landscape comprised of 50 shades of grey. They are the only ones who remember the true purpose of video games in this sinister corporate driven landscape. Sony soliders and Micro bots line up to drink the kool aid of 500 million dollar advertising campaigns and stale rehashes of games that haven't advanced beyond the days of Doom. Meanwhile, Nintendo fights the good fight and we pine for the glory days of single analogue sticks and single digit frame rates. Truly the greatest games of all time! We are unbridled by the shackles of nostalgia, viewing the gaming world with bitter cynicism, but Nintendo effortlessly churns up childlike glee and wraps us up in a warm blanket of fun. Truly the Tesla of the gaming world.

kyser73

But didn't you know? Nintendo encapsulate the very essence of fun itself! They are like a rainbow coloured blast of vitality across a dull gaming landscape comprised of 50 shades of grey. They are the only ones who remember the true purpose of video games in this sinister corporate driven landscape. Sony soliders and Micro bots line up to drink the kool aid of 500 million dollar advertising campaigns and stale rehashes of games that haven't advanced beyond the days of Doom. Meanwhile, Nintendo fights the good fight and we pine for the glory days of single analogue sticks and single digit frame rates. Truly the greatest games of all time! We are unbridled by the shackles of nostalgia, viewing the gaming world with bitter cynicism, but Nintendo effortlessly churns up childlike glee and wraps us up in a warm blanket of fun. Truly the Tesla of the gaming world.

I consider myself schooled in the correct way to appreciate Nintendo now.

Altho for me the C64 encapsulates all those things, plus a sense of unmolested innocence, but I'm obviously wrong in the face of such undying devotion.

;)

jambo

PewDiePie has 30mil subs legend, madness

The top 6 videos for Citizen Burger have a combine 3.5mil views...

Not bad at all.

senahorse

Bloody hell Kritz, take advantage of this while you can, strike while the iron's hot etc... Also get your site hosted on a cloud provider that can do autoscaling so it can handle the load.

jambo

http://www.studioghibli.com.au/

The Tale of Studio Ghibli

A very special Studio Ghibli event featuring six select feature films.

FOR A LIMITED TIME, ONLY IN CINEMAS.

• The Tale of The Princess Kaguya
  • Isao Takahata and his Tale of The Princess Kaguya
  • Grave of the Fireflies
  • The Wind Rises
  • The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness
  • My Neighbor Totoro
October 9 - October 22
Melbourne / Cinema Nova
Sydney / Dendy Newtown
Canberra / Dendy Canberra
Brisbane / Dendy Portside
Hobart / State Cinema

October 30 - November 12
Perth / Luna Leederville

November 27 - December 10
Adelaide / Palace Nova East End

PewDiePie did a video on CBD...

welp.
Holy shit congrats dude! You made it! Now you can get into the VIP area at Mana Bar!

Also: get yo Google Ads up right meow. RIGHT MEOW.

Also port it to iOS/Android, covered in Google Ads. Right meow.

http://www.studioghibli.com.au/

The Tale of Studio Ghibli

A very special Studio Ghibli event featuring six select feature films.

FOR A LIMITED TIME, ONLY IN CINEMAS.

• The Tale of The Princess Kaguya
  • Isao Takahata and his Tale of The Princess Kaguya
  • Grave of the Fireflies
  • The Wind Rises
  • The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness
  • My Neighbor Totoro
October 9 - October 22
Melbourne / Cinema Nova
Sydney / Dendy Newtown
Canberra / Dendy Canberra
Brisbane / Dendy Portside
Hobart / State Cinema

October 30 - November 12
Perth / Luna Leederville

November 27 - December 10
Adelaide / Palace Nova East End

Hmph. Why no Warrnambool listing? :(

*sits programming website watching opportunity pass by*

You might want to start researching time travel right now, because in a few years time, you might be wishing you had started sooner
so you can travel back in time to smack your younger self on the back of the head for ignoring an opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom