• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaCarrot

Banned
There is a can of coke in front of my screen blocking a few inches of screen space.

I just keep looking around it instead of moving it.

And now i'm talking about it instead of just moving it. Why. The humanity.

Gazunta

Oh FUCK WELP GUESS I'M GETTING A NEW 3DS BOOM YES

And the day before my birthday COME ON IT WOULD BE RUDE NOT TO BUY MYSELF ONE

Deeku

Normally I like to buy Nintendo's minor revisions but even this one seems a bit too minor for me.
ya, i will probably skip

probablyyyy

like, if the xl had the full coloured buttons, then i would have totallly been sucked into buying it. coloured letters is unacceptable!!

MoonGred

Skipping this 3ds upgrade would be so much easier if they didn't lock games behind it.
I'm wanting to say that I'll skip it, but for reason I'm already expecting to cave. If MM ever gets a remake they better not lock it behind the new 3ds
or I'll just have to upgrade =(

Ventron

The three games that might actually use it were certainly worth the wait, I'm sure.

If they released a twin stick model earlier then there would be more I'm sure.
But twin stick was only the original reason way back when, simple stinginess and busyness became the main drivers now.

There are other things I like about this like the adaptive 3D and I think it may become their new generation of portables given we are almost due for one.

I already have an AU 3DS and a US 3DS XL, I think I will stick with those. Unless of course they release a Mario or Zelda that doesn't work without the new nub.

Rlan

I'm disappointed that the Australian Nintendo Direct wasn't very flavoured Australian. It was exactly like the Japanese or American ones. Japanese buisnessman sits down and tells you what's coming out.

Where's the flair? Where's the fun? At least Sakurai goofs off staring at Bananas and battling with Reggie inside a 3DS.

I'm not expecting this guy:

guy-yug-blomberg-206x300.jpg

But at least someone cool.

Darren870

Just got my Nexus 5. Very nice phone, bit bigger then what I am used to. Suppose that is the way forward though.

Any must have apps to get? Tend to just use a phone to game a bit, internet browsing, and take pictures.

senahorse

Sweet, our oneplus's are due to arrive tomorrow, thanks for the heads up.

edit seems I need to download this via the phone, any other way I can get it, or do I need to install bluestacks or something?

Sweet, our oneplus's are due to arrive tomorrow, thanks for the heads up.

edit seems I need to download this via the phone, any other way I can get it, or do I need to install bluestacks or something?
You need to install the Amazon appstore app. Instructions are on Amazon's site.

Edit: That's to install the apps. You should be able to "buy" them without, through the website, but perhaps you need to register an Android device with Amazon first. Been a while since I set it up.

senahorse

Seems you have to install the software first, I have an S3 here I can do that on, but I wanted to get them for my gf as well, trying an android emulator if that fails I guess I can just change logins on the phone.

Gazunta

Sketchbook Pro was the most expensive iOS app I bought and worth every God damn cent, I loved that to bits and used it every day
until about four seconds after I got my Surface Pro 2
so yeah grab the android version all you budding artists out there for sure

Just got my Nexus 5. Very nice phone, bit bigger then what I am used to. Suppose that is the way forward though.

Any must have apps to get? Tend to just use a phone to game a bit, internet browsing, and take pictures.

2 must have apps.

Amazon appstore. They have free app deals all the time, including one a day. Plus you can get free "coins" which work as credit you can spend on apps.

Google Rewards which sends you really short surveys every now and then that earn you store credit! Never pay for an app again between these 2 stores.

senahorse

Aww crap the first one I put through defaulted to 'my' US address and charged me $15, now I am in chat to get a refund as I have 'returned' back to Australia, oh dear...

Stackboy

Forza Horizon 2 and Shadow of Mordor out next week, good stuff to come back to after my honeymoon.

At the moment with all the wedding stuff going on, I'm playing about an hour of Destiny when I get home (my wife to be is really understanding of my gaming habits. If she wasn't, I wouldn't be marrying her). Really enjoying PvP.

jambo

I still haven't seen anything on prices for Horizon 2 on 360 :/ Or any fucking details whatsoever, for that matter.

$69 from JBHiFi is pretty decent.

Seems like it should be less though, especially with the XBone version being $69 at a few places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom