• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1chard

Any suggestions for a wireless keyboard/mouse combo? I have an old Logitech that seems to have started really chewing up the batteries lately. It's got to have a range of at least four meters, and not be utterly huge and uncomfortable in the intended on-lap couch use. If it left off the numpad I'd be happy.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
0118-999-881-999-119-725---3

T1z6CcQ.gif

Dimefan3

I swear the sole aim of the staff at EB Expo is to make you wait for the longest possible time for everything.

Aside from that, and being simply an obvious marketing event, the show has been okay - Bethesda's presentation of The Evil Within was a good highlight. Looking forward to catching the Good Game live show tonight.

Deeku

Probably holding off on smash for a bit. The demo was cool but I'm still kinda ehhh on smash to be honest. Most of my 3dsing at the moment is on Theatrhythm anyway...which is awesome by the way!

Is it worth it buying a new 1080 tv when 4k tvs are coming down in price?!

A 4K monitor is justifiable if you have a really beefy PC, but I don't think a 4K TV is useful yet. Maybe in a couple of years. I hope you are looking forward to rebuying your movie collection again in 4K.

markot

Banned
BUT THERES MORE PIXELSSSSSSSSSSS!

Also its obvious you dont care about reviews death, you like that stupid game that you have an icon of that hte name eludes me cause its so terrible.

Oh wait is that the new wolfenstein? Point still largely stands!

I cant wait to stream 4k videos from foxtel on tonys nbn in 10 years!
Oh yeah, that future feeling in the future maybe!

The first 1080i test broadcasts were, IIRC, in the late 90s, and were NFL matches. If we use that as a comparison, it'd probably take 5-10 years from the first 4K broadcast until you see decent amounts of content. Have there been any test 4K broadcasts anywhere?

I'd predict content not targeted at early adopters is still 3-5 years away, with large amounts being longer (5-10). If you expect the TV you're buying to be replaced in that time, get an HD set instead.

If I were buying a TV this year (and I am strongly considering replacing my main one), I'd be looking at HD sets.

Edit: Looks like some test 4K broadcasts happened earlier this year. Not sure if many earlier have occurred.

Card Boy

Banned
4K broadcast won't happen for a very long time at least in the Free to Air space since the networks don't have the the necessary bandwidth in the frequency currently available. Currently the networks would rather have 4 576i/p channels rather than 1 or 2 1080P channels, 4K stands no chance.

Foxtel gets away with it as they deliver the content over their own Telstra infrastructure.

markot

Banned
Who watches 'tv' anymore? Do you watch it while reading a 'newspaper'?? While getting the horses fed before your carriage ride into the city!?

bomma_man

The first 1080i test broadcasts were, IIRC, in the late 90s, and were NFL matches. If we use that as a comparison, it'd probably take 5-10 years from the first 4K broadcast until you see decent amounts of content. Have there been any test 4K broadcasts anywhere?

I'd predict content not targeted at early adopters is still 3-5 years away, with large amounts being longer (5-10). If you expect the TV you're buying to be replaced in that time, get an HD set instead.

If I were buying a TV this year (and I am strongly considering replacing my main one), I'd be looking at HD sets.

Edit: Looks like some test 4K broadcasts happened earlier this year. Not sure if many earlier have occurred.

And the Australian FTA broadcast in sub youtude quality HD anyway

Darklord

Banned
Ugh, sorry I fell out of the raid tonight and kept disconnecting. My internet just wouldn't stop being a dick! I really need to find out why it hates Destiny so much, it does it too much, I had a fun time though. Hopefully next time I'll have fixed the issue(and also be a bit higher level).

Ugh, sorry I fell out of the raid tonight and kept disconnecting. My internet just wouldn't stop being a dick! I really need to find out why it hates Destiny so much, it does it too much, I had a fun time though. Hopefully next time I'll have fixed the issue(and also be a bit higher level).

Looks like I missed the raid, hopefully I can jump in on the next run through.

Same time Sunday night - 7pm. We will resume from the checkpoint. Try and level up to 27 before then.

Dishwasher you can join if someone drops out tomorrow.

4K broadcast won't happen for a very long time at least in the Free to Air space since the networks don't have the the necessary bandwidth in the frequency currently available. Currently the networks would rather have 4 576i/p channels rather than 1 or 2 1080P channels, 4K stands no chance.

Foxtel gets away with it as they deliver the content over their own Telstra infrastructure.

Agreed. They can't even be bothered to put sport onto their HD channels as it stands.

Dimefan3

Agreed. They can't even be bothered to put sport onto their HD channels as it stands.

Although I work in a slightly different media field (Radio), I have heard from a few sources that apparently a lot of video for one network is sent around as a lower quality MPEG format. Just a rumor though.

MoonGred

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on a Asus ROG Swift, someone please talk me out of this madness

Completely unrelated, what download speeds are you guys getting on steam? I'm on a basic NBN plan +-20Mbps download speed, when I download something from steam I always hover around 2.6Mbps (when doing so it renders my bandwidth completely useless for the entire household)
I'm by no means complaining as prior to NBN my max speed was 600Kbs

Same time Sunday night - 7pm. We will resume from the checkpoint. Try and level up to 27 before then.

I've read a few walkthroughs today, sounds like the relic holder going into the second portal with one other person is the most popular walkthrough. Should be able to give it a shot tonight hopefully!

markot

Banned
Speaking of good games.... Oh wait you were talking about Destiny, carry on and keep trying to justify that + the PS4 purchase.

hamchan

I'm out because F1 and NRL btw, so there's a spot.

I've read a few walkthroughs today, sounds like the relic holder going into the second portal with one other person is the most popular walkthrough. Should be able to give it a shot tonight hopefully!

I used http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/destiny/247017-destiny-vault-glass-raid-walkthrough.html as a guide when I did it the first time. The last boss is super easy once you know the strat.

I'm out because F1 and NRL btw, so there's a spot.

I used http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/destiny/247017-destiny-vault-glass-raid-walkthrough.html as a guide when I did it the first time. The last boss is super easy once you know the strat.

Our initial team went in blind the first time so we experimented a lot with strategies and positions for the fights. We messed up last night because I forgot the 1st relic carrier has to go into the 2nd portal to cleanse the other player. We should be able to clear it tonight.

Final boss is easy, new players just have to learn the oracle locations and teleport timings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom