• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait they ship they their Australian stock from here?!

That's what it says on the listing. Not sure I've seen them do that before! Must have lined up some cheap stock here.

This is a pre-order - the item will be despatched to you on or before the release date of 25/10/2014 - subject to change by the publisher.

Please Note: This will be Australian stock and will be shipped locally from Australia.

That's what it says on the listing. Not sure I've seen them do that before! Must have lined up some cheap stock here.

That's interesting. A dollar more at JB though.

Just realised that I haven't bought anything from OGS in ages. Local prices especially with Dick vouchers made most things that I've bought less than 60 bucks. Glad to be rid of the 2 week wait as well.

Fusebox

Banned
Aw, daylight savings no. Had to get up at 5:30am today to make it to work by 7 and it still felt like 4:30am but with a bonus hangover.

As someone currently playing video games at night, fuck daylight savings. My son won't go to sleep!

Once we start spending every evening after work down the beach until 7pm I'll be praising it thought lol

Yeah dry as fuck down this way too Fusebox, will be one of the worst harvests in a decade back home :(

As someone currently playing video games at night, fuck daylight savings. My son won't go to sleep!

Once we start spending every evening after work down the beach until 7pm I'll be praising it thought lol

Yeah dry as fuck down this way too Fusebox, will be one of the worst harvests in a decade back home :(

I too know the joy
pain
of being a video gaming dad and getting the little ones to sleep. My house is full of floor boards and having a loud voice our Destiny raid runs late at night have been fun to say the least.

Bring on beach-y summer though!

I too know the joy
pain
of being a video gaming dad and getting the little ones to sleep. My house is full of floor boards and having a loud voice our Destiny raid runs late at night have been fun to say the least.

Bring on beach-y summer though!

lol yeah, I'm super glad I have the headset with built in mic now, I can whisper into the mic fairly quietly and everyone still hears me fine while not disturbing the rest of the house!

lol yeah, I'm super glad I have the headset with built in mic now, I can whisper into the mic fairly quietly and everyone still hears me fine while not disturbing the rest of the house!

Yep, late night sessions = headset and mic. The Xbone headset is super sensitive but I can't help getting loud after a couple of beers or when things get intense :( Kids are generally really great sleepers though.

Now when MCC drops I'll have to move my gaming setup to the granny flat style home office...

Shaneus

Is that the Sorny headset or another one? Debating getting a Gold Wireless Special Championship Edition one of theirs for Driveclub.

Kids are generally really great sleepers though.
Yeah best piece of advice I got early on was to avoid going overboard on being quiet around the baby when he slept, just make regular amount of noise in kit/lng/etc when it was sleeping in bedroom. Seems to have worked as our son will sleep through storms no problem lol

Once he gets to sleep that is >_<

Is that the Sorny headset or another one? Debating getting a Gold Wireless Special Championship Edition one of theirs for Driveclub.

Yarp the Soony one, Gold 2.0 or Wireless 2.0, whatever they call it here. Best headset I've ever used. Grabbed it from Amazon for AUD$100 posted when it was on sale once, I think they go for $120ish locally from Target/JB.
Built in mic is one less thing for me to break/get annoyed by and seems to be really good quality. Sound quality is good too, not fantastic but great for someone like me who isn't an audiophile. Similar quality to Logitech G930's I feel.

Yeah best piece of advice I got early on was to avoid going overboard on being quiet around the baby when he slept, just make regular amount of noise in kit/lng/etc when it was sleeping in bedroom. Seems to have worked as our son will sleep through storms no problem lol

Once he gets to sleep that is >_<

Agreed, we too left their doors ajar when infants so noise would be present. It's paid off and helps with my gaming voice nowadays. I'm hanging for my son to be old enough to play Halo with dad (son is 5 and daughter is 2.5) so it's Nintendo and Skylanders for now gaming wise.

The other thing is to not go in when they do wake and cry, tough it out and let them get themselves back to sleep. It's worth it for them and you parents.

Darren870

Agreed, we too left their doors ajar when infants so noise would be present. It's paid off and helps with my gaming voice nowadays. I'm hanging for my son to be old enough to play Halo with dad (son is 5 and daughter is 2.5) so it's Nintendo and Skylanders for now gaming wise.

The other thing is to not go in when they do wake and cry, tough it out and let them get themselves back to sleep. It's worth it for them and you parents.

5 is old enough for Halo! Get him on that!!

5 is old enough for Halo! Get him on that!!

I've been at the misses and last week I said I'll fire up a custom game with only him and I to start with...she's turning the corner and will allow this. Especially when you look at water pistol play or how many kids movies, shows & books have actions/dialogue about murder, death, killing and/or dying. I was surprised by how unavoidable all that is.

I think Halo is tame enough to play campaign and customs. XBL multiplayer chat is a major FUCK NO WAY though :)

I have already been playing Killer Instinct with him and he loves MAX & Guacamelee too

Darren870

I've been at the misses and last week I said I'll fire up a custom game with only him and I to start with...she's turning the corner and will allow this. Especially when you look at water pistol play or how many kids movies, shows & books have actions/dialogue about murder, death, killing and/or dying. I was surprised by how unavoidable all that is.

I think Halo is tame enough to play campaign and customs. XBL multiplayer chat is a major FUCK NO WAY though :)

I have already been playing Killer Instinct with him and he loves MAX & Guacamelee too

Hahah, good on you. Then again I don't have kids so I can't comment on what they should and shouldn't see.

There is a 13 year gap between my Little Brother and I, so he was playing Halo and GTA 3 at five. Even I was playing Mortal Kombat when it came out at 7.

Egh we all turned out fine, never understood the connection between violence in media and it being passed off to kids. To each his own though, don't have kids so can't judge!

If I did they would be playing the same games I did so I could have a co-op partner ASAP!

Hahah, good on you. Then again I don't have kids so I can't comment on what they should and shouldn't see.

There is a 13 year gap between my Little Brother and I, so he was playing Halo and GTA 3 at five. Even I was playing Mortal Kombat when it came out at 7.

Egh we all turned out fine, never understood the connection between violence in media and it being passed off to kids. To each his own though, don't have kids so can't judge!

If I did they would be playing the same games I did so I could have a co-op partner ASAP!

It won't be long before they're all playing or watching at friends houses and YT videos on their own anyhow. Parents can only hold out so long...gotta have my little Halo buddy with me ASAP, just as you say.

Hey AusGAF, I know there are plenty of 'Nintendo people' here. I just got given an old Wii which I'll probably pass on to my sister (she has a 4yo and a 3yo), but before I do that are there any games I should check out for it? Also what are some good family friendly games I should look at when I pass it on to my sister?

Dryk

I'll get around to adding people for Smash at some point, but I'm been falling into the dark pit that calls itself Hyrule Warriors today

So today when I got home steam stopped working, for no reason. Internet works 100% normally. Steam is working for other people.

Can't log in.

Tried a bunch of troubleshooting.

Uninstalled/reinstalled, which didn't work either. And then I went to look to double check my steamapps didn't get nuked with it... oh they did.

There goes my Shadow of Mordor save, 70% through.

And it's still not working.

Omikron

So today when I got home steam stopped working, for no reason. Internet works 100% normally. Steam is working for other people.

Can't log in.

Tried a bunch of troubleshooting.

Uninstalled/reinstalled, which didn't work either. And then I went to look to double check my steamapps didn't get nuked with it... oh they did.

There goes my Shadow of Mordor save, 70% through.

And it's still not working.

Ouch. :( Does Mordor cloud save?

Also, looks like a major steam outage. http://steamstat.us/

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hey AusGAF, I know there are plenty of 'Nintendo people' here. I just got given an old Wii which I'll probably pass on to my sister (she has a 4yo and a 3yo), but before I do that are there any games I should check out for it? Also what are some good family friendly games I should look at when I pass it on to my sister?

I don't really know what 3 and 4 year olds are capable of!

Rep would be pretty haandy here I reckon! Rep answer the mangwoman

Probably can't go wrong with some simple platformers like new super mario bros!

PS4 with Driveclub and Tomb Raider for $498 at BigW

Jump into a Driveclub with us :)

I'll get around to adding people for Smash at some point, but I'm been falling into the dark pit that calls itself Hyrule Warriors today

I SEE WHAT YOU DUN THAR >_L

CAN THESE DESTINY SERVERS PLZ FOR WORK ME WHILE IM FIGHTING THE LAST BOSS OF THE RAID NO? OK GREAT
All good, same thing happened to Death Jnr so we didn't finish the raid even though we had it down pat >_<

Fucking glitches were insane tonight. Tons of not going through the portal, regenerating minotaurs and other bullshit along with all the connection issues.

FIX YO SHIT BUNGIE >.>

I don't really know what 3 and 4 year olds are capable of!

Rep would be pretty haandy here I reckon! Rep answer the mangwoman

Probably can't go wrong with some simple platformers like new super mario bros!

I don't let my son play Nintendo games ;)

On Wii? Shit I'll have to do some digging around. NSMB and Mario Kart will get 99% of the play with kids that young. Similar games will go down well too.

#1 game though outside of those would be some shovelware for whatever TV show they are into! I've avoided letting my son know Peppa Pig has a Wii game as he would just live on it lol

Sonic Colours is another good one. Also the harder but friendly games like SMG are FANTASTIC for them to watch you play.

Was Rayman Origins on Wii?

My son just wants to play Knack all the time :)

Darklord

Banned
I got disconnected too, we had the boss down to 30% twice and got d/c both times. Sever kept kicking me out :(

We will try again tomorrow 7pm aest to beat the final boss before the weekly reset.

That sucks! Damn it Destiny. I think my modem still hates that game though. I can't figure out why it just randomly shits out when I play it. Sometimes it's fine all day then the next I'm losing connection every 30 minutes.

I might be stuck at work late tomorrow so if I am don't wait for me but if I can get out at normal time then I'll be on at 7pm sharp!

markot

Banned
Alien looks amazing. Too bad I don't like scary games....

Creative assembly making a have with good ai? Who'd of thunk it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom