• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Do PS4 preorders typically not unlock until 3pm on their release day? I figure it's tied to the U.S. store since I bought it there. Anyway to circumvent this?

Shaneus

Does anyone know when Driveclub via PSN/PS+ is unlocking for us Aussies? If it's early enough I'll take tomorrow off, otherwise I'll just wait until I get home tomorrow night.

Unlocks in 17 hours according to my PSN purchase.

You can check by clicking on your preorder in the store. You can also set it to autodownload but no preload by the looks of it.

Do PS4 preorders typically not unlock until 3pm on their release day? I figure it's tied to the U.S. store since I bought it there. Anyway to circumvent this?

It's pretty variable, depends on when the publisher sets the unlock date. Easiest to check the countdown on the storepage/download.

We have preloads here don't we? Downloads like 2GB and then does the rest in the background as long as you have it connected.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
It's pretty variable, depends on when the publisher sets the unlock date. Easiest to check the countdown on the storepage/download.

We have preloads here don't we? Downloads like 2GB and then does the rest in the background as long as you have it connected.

It's all downloaded (well, at least 2GB) and ready to go now, but the countdown timer doesn't expire until 3pm. I'm at uni all day anyway, I was just curious for future reference. :)

Getting games at JB Hifi equivalent prices digitally on the US store is excellent.

Shaneus

Unlocks in 17 hours according to my PSN purchase.

You can check by clicking on your preorder in the store. You can also set it to autodownload but no preload by the looks of it.
17 hours? Fucking hell, even the US get it before us. Stupid time delay thing :/

Does that make it 2am? If that's the case, I'mma take an annual leave day tomorrow, I think.

Omikron

Ubisoft came out and said they don't want people discussing resolutions of console games so they are just making AC Unity 900p on both consoles.

Rather than like, an actual real logical reason for making it 900p.

It is fairly logical from a development stand point to keep the target the same. But ok.

It is fairly logical from a development stand point to keep the target the same. But ok.
Logic has no place in arguments about video games. Better to go right of the deep and and start assuming Microsoft paid Ubisoft to make the game worse on a competitor's platform. Or to instantly and loudly proclaim you'll never buy the game because the developer didn't hit whatever targets you decided they had to hit.

PC version 900p confirmed.
Given it's an Ubisoft port, I actually wouldn't be surprised.

jambo

Twin Peaks is coming back?! I never thought I'd see the day.

wzW63iy.jpg

DSE have sent out Shadow of Mordor today but no sign of Driveclub.... :/

Where did they say that? Because they said they wanted to avoid debates on the resolution, not that it was related to a development stand point. Ok.

Where did they say that? Because they said they wanted to avoid debates on the resolution, not that it was related to a development stand point. Ok.
It was one producer making what appears to have been an off-the-cuff remark, and presumably not any official PR. Given the original quote has no context it's hard to presume anything.

But if you're making something as complex as a video game, why wouldn't you try to just hit the same targets on both platforms? Doing something different on each platform just makes your life more difficult.

It was one producer making what appears to have been an off-the-cuff remark, and presumably not any official PR. Given the original quote has no context it's hard to presume anything.

But if you're making something as complex as a video game, why wouldn't you try to just hit the same targets on both platforms? Doing something different on each platform just makes your life more difficult.

It was official media PR. That's the only issue here. Ubi aren't coaching their media related developers, same thing happened with the whole 'women are hard to animate' bullshit (also Bungie nerfing legendary engrams to rare in an update).

And no shit, I know it makes it easier for a lot of developers/QA to lock down a framerate/resolution. That's not in question here and the people in that thread who are should rethink their thought process. I have zero issues with it being 900/30, at least they are being up front about it (unlike Bethesda about TEW framerate lock on PC).

The conspiracy that MS asked them to lock parity is insanely hilarious too. The most likely reason is they don't have time to hit that resolution, same reason Black Flag was 900p at launch on PS4 before they patched it to 1080p after having enough time to test and make sure it would run fine at that resolution on the PS4.

Ideally they would have enough time to maximise their usage of the hardware but at the end of the day a publisher has a ship date and a game has to go out. I don't want to see another DNF situation and prefer to see the iteration model Ubi et al currently employ. If they can fit in better shadows/lighting/whatever due to the extra horsepower so be it.

I appreciate them being up front about the specs before I have to hand money over (although I wasn't anyway, not keen on the co-op focus while I'm busy with Destiny).
I don't appreciate them using fans as a scapegoat. Blaming the decision on forum debates is disingenuous.

Should be next day, my copy of Diablo 3 shipped on a Friday arvo and arrived here in the country just after lunchtime on the Monday!

Yay! I may not have to hate-play any more of Watch Underscore Dogs

I seriously don't get why WD has a higher Metacritic than Destiny. It's a polished but merely OK GTA clone with 'edgy' storytelling. 6/10.

Jintor

So what do you guys think, should I grab a Japanese PS4 + a TV (probably around $800 all-up) or try and put together a mid-range PC for $800-$1000 or so? Probably going to be here two years I'm thinking.

Fucking Mordor.

Will need a TV anyway though for bayo and smash u i reckon

senahorse

That sword looks pretty damning.

Just a follow up to the 'scary sword':

It was one of the most frightening, powerful images to emerge from counter-terrorism raids across Sydney last month.
As one man was charged with conspiring to behead a random person in Sydney's CBD, police removed a sword in an evidence bag from a Marsfield home.
But the owner of the menacing item has revealed that it is actually a plastic decoration common in almost every Shiite Muslim household.

He said he doesn't know Omarjan Azari, who was detained, along with two of Azari's brothers, when their Guildford home was raided on the same day.
Azari, 22, was charged with conspiring to commit a terrorist act after allegedly speaking to terrorist Mohammad Ali Baryalei via phone and taking orders to seize a random person from the city's streets and behead them.
Dirani was detained and later released without charge.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sword-rem...er-reveals-20141007-10r7nj.html#ixzz3FQYvMesw

lexi

Banned
It's worth noting that I and one other poster were shouted down in the 'Australia captures terrorists RAH RAH RAH' thread.

It's all fucking bullshit.

Jintor

Vita retail is region free.

Digital games/DLC/items ARE region locked to PSN account and PSN account is region locked to memory card.

:(

No DLC for P4G pretty sure!

I'm just wondering if P4G JP retail will conflict with the P4G AU retail I have already on the machine... (save files, not the whole game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom