• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

Whoa fat duck is openin in aus?!

And it's like being transferred from london or somethin? That's pretty cool and legit!

Shadow of Mordor arrived from Dick Smith, the Techspurts after shipping less than a day ago. I will use them again. (used their website, not ebay). Same order had AC:U and CoD on it so happy with a physical copy of game on release day for $50.

Deeku

Yea, for 6 months. Moving staff and everything so the UK restaurant will be closed during that time as well.
Totally impressive. Most places would probably just open a branch and it would suck cos it's just using the name.

Not gonna bother though cos I'm not living in Aus at the moment. Good luck to you guys!

Shadow of Mordor arrived from Dick Smith, the Techspurts after shipping less than a day ago. I will use them again. (used their website, not ebay). Same order had AC:U and CoD on it so happy with a physical copy of game on release day for $50.

Left a card for me, I was at work :(

My net is broken too, can't d/l Driveclub nor play Destiny tonight.

Whelp the tracking number Dick Smith gave me for my Driveclub delivery is wrong or they haven't sent it out yet despite marking it as posted yesterday

>_<

Left a card for me, I was at work :(

My net is broken too, can't d/l Driveclub nor play Destiny tonight.

Dang, was going to see if you wanted to run Nightfall!

Whelp the tracking number Dick Smith gave me for my Driveclub delivery is wrong or they haven't sent it out yet despite marking it as posted yesterday

My consignment just started working now so that probably means the packages missed pick up yesterday. Hopefully DC shows up tomorrow because I have the day off.

My consignment just started working now so that probably means the packages missed pick up yesterday. Hopefully DC shows up tomorrow because I have the day off.

Thanks for the heads up, same here. Sucks because I got the shipped email at like 3:30pm yesterday :(

Good to know it'll be here for delivery first thing though!

Shaneus

What Driveclub club should I join?
Mine? I don't have one. But I don't think many others do either, the servers are fucked. At least in Australia, but I think most of the rest of the world's are, too.

But yeah, when everything's back up, lemme know if you wanna start a club.

Dryk

I just got my arse handed to me repeatedly in Smash 3DS but I can't complain because it wasn't laggy for once. I think it might have even set me up with another Australian at one point <gasp>

As I'm not a driving game type, Shadow of Mordor will do me for now. It seems to be more Assassin's Creed without the parkour (at least at the start) with Arkham-style combat. That thing where Orcs that kill you and level up as a result, turning them into a boss for you to track down and kill later is genius. It's also hard at the start since you die a lot, creating a lot of fuckers for you to hunt down later.
I'll need a few days with it to see whether this is enough to prevent me from getting Borderlands TPS next week.

Shadow of Mordor is legit. Enjoying it despite small niggles like delay on camera movement and bad lip sync in cut scenes.

Plus stuff is out now? Time to git downloadin'.

Yeah out now, I'll add links

Pix the Cat (PS4/Vita)
Dust: An Elysian Tail (PS4)
Vita version please!

Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (PS3)

Rainbow Moon (Vita/PS3) (might need to grab both versions)
Spelunky (Vita/PS3/PS4)

Plus Driveclub PS+ version once they get their shit sorted (next time run a proper beta Evo!)

Nice to see a 3-3-3 month too.

Don't forget to grab the licences for last months games as they swap out tomorrow.

markot

Banned
Do you people who live in crap bits of Australia watch a touch of cloth? It's amazing. It's like naked gun but British. Charlie Brooker!

lexi

Banned
. It's also hard at the start since you die a lot, creating a lot of fuckers for you to hunt down later.

I died to the same guy so many fucking times, the sheer satisfaction and joy I got from eventually killing him is the best gaming moment of 2014 for me.

Dimefan3

Whoa fat duck is openin in aus?!

And it's like being transferred from london or somethin? That's pretty cool and legit!

Apparently you can only try and get in via a raffle system. I'd put in for it myself, but the $500+ price tag (per person) is kind of a turn off. I'm a fan, but I'm not THAT big of a fan. :)

Anyone caught the lunar eclipse tonight? Damn clouds in Melbourne, couldn't see a thing.
I saw the partial eclipse but not the total eclipse, unfortunately. I might've spotted it briefly, but wouldn't attest to it. A shame, but there was a short one earlier this year.

choodi

Banned
Did anyone else see this article by Madonna King in The Brisbane Times this morning?

It's about the murder of that poor woman in Brisbane recently.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/com...e-in-queenslands-history-20141008-113b4o.html

Just read the postscript...

POSTCRIPT: It wasn't until 10 years later, in 2024, that a brave federal government made video games illegal for those under 18. The subsequent decrease in shocking crimes was only highlighted in 2045 in several longitudinal studies.

Never mind the fact that numerous studies have already proven this is not the case and we have a ratings system which is the same as that for film and television.

Madonna King should look a little closer to home if she wants to blame anyone or any industry for this kind of thing.

Her husband used to be the editor of the Courier Mail which ran possibly the most offensive front-page headline I've ever seen in relation to this story.

lexi

Banned
Today is my 10 year GAF anniversary! Are you guys gonna chip in for something? 10 years is a Diamond anniversary BTW, so, there's an idea straight off the bat.

Sending Dustin Diamond your address details ASAP.
dustindiamond.jpg

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Today is my 10 year GAF anniversary! Are you guys gonna chip in for something? 10 years is a Diamond anniversary BTW, so, there's an idea straight off the bat.

Congrats <3

What caused you to join? Was there a reason / do you rememeber how you found the gafs?

lexi

Banned
Congrats <3

What caused you to join? Was there a reason / do you rememeber how you found the gafs?

It was just the hippest place to be in 2004. I had just come from an IGN board specifically 'GCN Underground' which was some elite invite-only forum to talk about Nintendo. You had to write an essay and get approved by Matt Casasassamassina himself!

I had just come from an IGN board specifically 'GCN Underground' which was some elite invite-only forum to talk about Nintendo. You had to write an essay and get approved by Matt Casasassamassina himself!

suddenly that silly ausgaf questionaire doesn't seem quite so questionably questionable.
that doesn't mean keep posting it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom